David Clavens - Autumn - 12.11.10 - 9PM PST - Released!

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Oct 2011 10:47

mikeanello wrote: - if you foresake footbag, the physical and mental abilities it requires, the community that has welcomed you and come to adore you, you will live with a great void in your life. .
:? I don't know how this was intended, but I have trouble reading it as anything other than presumptuous.

David's an adult; he can set his own priorities and make his own decisions. From the little I've talked to him on this subject, he seems perfectly happy to have left footbag and moved onto magic. Who are you to say how leaving footbag affects him? How do you know it will leave him "with a great void" in his life? It's one thing to say you miss seeing him play, or that you miss seeing him at tournaments as part of the community. It's completely another thing to tell him he doesn't have his priorities straight, and to imply he made a mistake by leaving the footbag community. David has made his decision and seems happy with it. I think it's best left to him to decide whether leaving footbag has left him with a void in his life or not.

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 03 Oct 2011 11:56

C-Fan wrote:
mikeanello wrote: - if you foresake footbag, the physical and mental abilities it requires, the community that has welcomed you and come to adore you, you will live with a great void in your life. .
:? I don't know how this was intended, but I have trouble reading it as anything other than presumptuous.

David's an adult; he can set his own priorities and make his own decisions. From the little I've talked to him on this subject, he seems perfectly happy to have left footbag and moved onto magic. Who are you to say how leaving footbag affects him? How do you know it will leave him "with a great void" in his life? It's one thing to say you miss seeing him play, or that you miss seeing him at tournaments as part of the community. It's completely another thing to tell him he doesn't have his priorities straight, and to imply he made a mistake by leaving the footbag community. David has made his decision and seems happy with it. I think it's best left to him to decide whether leaving footbag has left him with a void in his life or not.
Well said, Ken. Dave has done a lot for this sport. His ability to master things is better-off being applied to activities that he finds most rewarding. The best thing that he can do for the sport at this point is to be the best DC that he can be. If that means returning to the sport at some other point in time, well cool. If not, well, cool! At least he left on a high note.

Radek
BSOS Beast

Post by Radek » 07 Oct 2011 01:11

I watched this video over 30 times if not over 50. It's definately the best shred video that has been ever released.

Density, variety, creativity, stamina, locations. All this put together makes this video so freaking special. Noone has released a game on such a level and it seems that it will be really hard to beat this video.

Good job David

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: David Clavens - Autumn - 12.11.10 - 9PM PST - Released!

Post by C-Fan » 08 Nov 2011 12:14

david wrote: I feel that a video like this should be viewed by as many people as possible, and for that reason I have chosen to make it a donation rather than selling it. Between filming, capturing, and editing I have easily sunk more than 25 hours into this project. I would greatly appreciate any form of feedback whether monetary or just a comment in this thread. If you do choose to donate, you can paypal funds to davidclavens at gmail.com. PM me if this method does not fit your needs. I can assure you in some way your donation will help future projects and future travel for footbag.
So...see you in Poland?

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 09 Nov 2011 11:40

Mind = blown. I can't believe what I am seeing.
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 13 Nov 2011 02:40

Man is it refreshing to get shivers from watching someone play.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Nov 2011 14:37

I wonder what happened to that Winter video at which he hinted...