Jay Boychuk High Speed Trickery.

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 May 2011 21:59

Great Job at putting this together, Jay. I remember back in the day, when I saw my very first footage of footbag, it looked impossible to actually do, just because the motions were so fast and frantic-looking. In my opinion, this video would get some new players interested because the slow-mo of these big tricks makes them look some-what doable. It's also kinda cool that you're wearing normal shorts. That kind of humanizes you, and makes you seem less super-human (which was my first thoughts when seeing my first footbag footage). It sort of puts you on their level. I like that.

For the next video, I agree, you should do the tricks in real time, but I think you should also add Ripstein. I've showed it to a lot of the beginner players that I've been teaching and that seems to be one of the tricks that really draws them in and gets them playing. It was actually the same way with me a few years back. Ripsteins just look cool to non-footbaggers and beginner baggers, I feel. Great trick selection for this demo, otherwise.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 26 May 2011 04:49

Damn, good work Jay!

Footbag videos never get any attention, let alone go 'viral'.

Keep killing it!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

The Rhino
Fearless

Post by The Rhino » 05 Jun 2011 13:53

Jay, maybe from little ol' me, this might not mean a whole lot but i gotta say man... you're kicking serious footbag butt.

Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 06 Jun 2011 12:39

Jay this is a mindfuck every time I watch it. I've shown it to multiple non-footbag peeps and they can all undertsand what's going on a lot easier than just straight up normal speed video, though I do agree it would be nice to have both. Your style is way too fast and surgical to not showcase it at full-speed in addition to the slow-mo :wink: It was a real treat to actually watch you shred in person at the green cup
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 06 Jun 2011 17:01

Why thank you kind sirs. It is delightful to read all your comments.

Once I'm a little better at footbag, I plan on making a follow up highspeed video, with a few new links / inventions or something. I wont whore it out as I did with this one, but hopefully footbaggers will enjoy it.

As for highspeeding some ripsteins, sure. Ripstein -> hand -> ripstein->whirr->zig zag or something sound good Nick?
Jay Boychuk

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Jun 2011 17:48

Totally sweet dude. I dig that link. I just found that when I was first starting out, watching double dexes (especially ripstein) go down was just like watching a cool magic trick. I think the Zig-Zag at the end is a good touch too.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman