Forw4rd (4kast Movie) 6/6 videos uploaded!!!

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 15 Jul 2011 05:49

Is uploading 12gb really necessary? Cant you compress it to something alot smaller than that? The quality difference will be negligible with something like H264 or something similar, wouldnt it? I appreciate the attention to quality but it sounds a little extreme.
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 26 Jul 2011 01:30

Any news Zeb? We can't wait no more...
Wiktor Debski

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 26 Jul 2011 08:39

Yeah Im compressing them either today or tomorrow, and they should be shipped sometime next week for those that pre ordered, Ive been super busy working 35+ hours a week, and also organizing the U.S. Open basically by myself so I havent had a super large amount of time to edit these :/ sorry guys Ill get them to you asap

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 28 Jul 2011 12:39

Please see first post

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 28 Jul 2011 22:26

Zeb, this is awesome so far!
The shred is really is top notch. I personally felt that the shred in DOTS was not selected too well, and often dragged on. I've only watched the first three sections of Forward so far, but they are really great shred by a good variety of some of the best players.

The routine segment in the middle of the US Open section seemed to drag on a bit, but the ending was really well done. I also like the little narrative aspect you've got going throughout.

My two biggest constructive criticisms so far are: 1) It seems to be formatted for a full-screen monitor, meaning it doesn't look so hot on the widescreen, and 2) there is some funky waviness in the video particularly noticeable in the non-shred parts.. not a big thing, but really distracting.

I can't wait for the whole thing, and the physical DVD.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 29 Jul 2011 05:18

Thanks Eric, because of the crazy file size the format I re rendered them In made them that size, the actual full quality versions are much much better and as for the wavyness. That has something to do with the way Eric and I filmed I'm not sure what was up on the camera settings at the time .

edit: after i render and upload all these lower quality ones ill upload some better ones. I have a little free time but not much so ill do that at the very least

also, if your at USO there will be a showing of this movie for all who would like to see it!!!

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 29 Jul 2011 14:59

about an hour left and allll of the sections will be uploaded

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 29 Jul 2011 15:40

they are all now uploaded enjoy!!!

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 29 Jul 2011 15:51

only those who pre-order are going to get a physical copy of the dvd everyone else has to download it
When will everyone else be able to download it?

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 29 Jul 2011 15:56

To download it it costs $25 to my paypal vizibility0@yahoo.com

I spent 3 month editing by myself, and there was over 60+ hours of footage filmed (that i also helped film) to sort through. Im not asking money for my time, Im asking money for my time so that it my benefit the US Open Freestyle footbag championships. I suppose in several months ahead, i will release it for free a lot like i did DOTS but it wont be for a VERY long time

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 29 Jul 2011 20:16

Got through the first 3 parts so far. I'm sincerely enjoying this. I think all the music choices are great. Can't wait to finish it out.

Thanks!

edit: just finished, I just wanna say that was ballin.
John Goode

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 01 Aug 2011 06:21

I thought it was a great footbag movie. Great idea, I think alot more vids should be done this way, it gives you a really cool inside look at what is going down with the big dawgs. Are you filming for another one this year? I will totally buy it if you make another. Thanks for making this, I really enjoyed it.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

redshredz
BSOS Beast

Post by redshredz » 15 Aug 2011 16:37

They did a special showing of Forward at the USO and I was extremely impressed. Zeb did a great job with the video, it is very high quality, is well edited, and simply looks great. If you get a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it. Great work Zeb!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Sep 2011 17:42

When will pre-orderers receive their hard copy in the mail?

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Sep 2011 08:50

Bump.
Seriously.
'Cause I never got Dawn of the Shred when I pre-ordered.

ninjo
Fearless

Post by ninjo » 12 Sep 2011 12:26

Yeah Zeb please tell us the news on the dvd's being shipped out.
i need it
we need it :D
Hard work never fails.
Organics,Poop,Laugh,Smile,Peace,Water,Dream,Share.
Lotus>Gyro Blender>Mobius.
BananaPeanutButterHoneyRaisinCinnamon
http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/luvids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l-kAi_ ... t_received

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 15 Sep 2011 04:58

+1

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 18 Sep 2011 10:04

here is the deal:

I havent forgotten or given up on giving out hard copies, its going to happen. In fact I've already compressed them into a format to fit onto a dvd, but here are the reasons i haven't done it yet:
:arrow: old computer broke, luckily had all of the videos on an external so i wouldn't lose them
:arrow: spent what little money i had on a new computer to have for school etc
:arrow: lost more that $1500 running the U.S. Open, ( i work basically a minimum wage job so this was a huge blow)
:arrow: because of the above reason I've been struggling the last couple weeks to keep my self afloat, meaning that i haven't been able to afford shipping or even dvd writables to burn the videos to
:arrow: on top of all of this I have 18 credits this semester as well as working a 40 hour a week job, meaning i haven't even played foot bag in over a month. let alone look at modified (i think this is the first time since the us open)
:arrow: recently was forced to move out of my old house and into a new one, meaning that i have to pay bills for 2 places for the time being.

you guys who purchased the hard copy of the dvd will in fact get your copy, just give me a little time to recuperate, I'm not made of money and time at the moment so you guys will just have to wait. Im sorry for the wait, i never intended it to take this long, I have just had continual bad luck since the U.S. Open and haven't even had time to take a decent poop :lol:

Its also because of the downfalls of the U.S. Open that I will not be running it next year, I can't run an event and lose the amount of money that I did, again.

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 04 Oct 2011 04:38

No worries at all mate, sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it. Just good to hear its still in the pipeline. Cheers and all the best!

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 13 Nov 2011 03:39

How we doing over there mate?