Day 14, Joulukalenteri 2011. Marco II, Suomi High Speed

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Day 14, Joulukalenteri 2011. Marco II, Suomi High Speed

Post by jay7 » 13 Dec 2011 20:41

DAY FOURTEEN

I am blown away. Absolutely mind blown. This submission is, outstanding. Thank you, very much, Macro Hartig, for providing this video.

Inside this video, you will see Anssi, Tuomas and Aleksi playing footbag in front of a highspeed camera, doing many tricks. Grab some popcorn, and 15 minutes to sit back and just soak in some footbag. This is a continuation from the session we had, in Macro's last video, so, this remains my only session at worlds.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blF0BBx ... e=youtu.be
http://vimeo.com/33633806
Jay Boychuk

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 13 Dec 2011 21:03

Aleksi's stepping ss move blew my mind and made me shout at my screen.

Jay, the first move at the end was beautiful
Matt Kemmer

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 14 Dec 2011 01:06

I've watched that one set attempt, like, 20 times, and I'm still not sure what it's supposed to be... Fairy same miraging atomic furious? It sounds even more absurd when I write it!

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 14 Dec 2011 01:41

Wow

I am so grateful to be a footbag player.

I am inspired.
James McCullough

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 14 Dec 2011 02:35

That set attempt wasnt even supposed to go into the video. That was just Jay fooling around with 4 Sex sets. I think it was intended as some sort of dolomiting baraging thing.... And it looks beautifull in hispeed :)
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

mohkale
The Mohkale

Post by mohkale » 14 Dec 2011 04:02

mahhkohh wrote:That was just Jay fooling around with 4 Sex sets.
Is fooling around with sexes a part of Jay's new sexier image? This year's calendar is really bringing sexy back to footbag.

Thanks for the calendar Jay, I'm really liking it so far.

Matti
Matti Pohjola

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 14 Dec 2011 04:40

Damn this auto-correct! :D
mäcrö hartig

Bigfoot_bag
Shredaholic

Post by Bigfoot_bag » 14 Dec 2011 06:15

the day start great.

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 14 Dec 2011 07:44

so peaceful, & mind destroying.
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Dec 2011 08:23

Muffinman wrote:... Fairy same miraging atomic furious? It sounds even more absurd when I write it!
It kind of looked like fairy same miraging atomic wonton to me. That said, did he get either of the first two dexes? Maybe it's the angle it was shot at, but it looked like his first dex leg didn't cross the plane of the bag for either dex.

Enjoying the calendar a lot so far. Is there a non-Finnish video on the horizon? Day 1 was Gatesman, and it's been all Finn since then. Hoping for a bit of a mixup.

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 14 Dec 2011 11:14

Thanks for that amazing video Marco!

I enjoy high speed videos because we can see exactly how «pros» hit the move, so it's easyer to try to reproduce the motion :D! What a great tool to learn :D!

Really nice attempt on the huge move Tuomas... that's a crazy hard one!

Sweet BS at the end Jay O.o

Mat

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 14 Dec 2011 15:52

C-Fan wrote: Enjoying the calendar a lot so far. Is there a non-Finnish video on the horizon? Day 1 was Gatesman, and it's been all Finn since then. Hoping for a bit of a mixup.
Agreed. Didn't want to be "that guy" but I looked forward to the Christmas calendar to see some variety and have so far been seeing exclusively footage from finland pretty much all of december. Definitely am not knocking any of the videos thus far, they're incredible to say the least. That said however, it is a bit irritating to see the same 3-4 players in each video every day during a time of the year when I hoped to see different vids from a different players with different styles each day. I know you all probably have enough footage to keep us entertained for the whole next year, but I personally hoped to see a conglomerate of different players across the globe instead of ongoing footage from the same people...
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 14 Dec 2011 18:23

I asked literally the top players from every country. It is no fault of mine, that virtually every country failed to produce a video, outside of Finland. If there is a top player, they were asked, and if you don't see a video from them, they had notice since June this year to make a video.

I realize that this is a lot of finnish footage, and, I'm glad that the level is high enough that you don't want to complain. But, it is only the fault of the top player's that you don't have more varied footage. If you would like to do better yourself, or if you would like to be treated to a better calendar than this, please go ahead and organize it yourself. The steps I took to do so, were organizing a list of all the top players, (Roughly 40, by the way), contacting them in June, making a spreadsheet of about 36 who "would" make a video, and then reminding them as of September to make a video, and then again in October, and for most of them, again in November. When you watch the number of 36 go down to less than 10, you begin to see how tricky it is to provide a good calendar experience.

If you can improve upon 6 months notice and multiple reminders, even offering a prize incentive to the best video, no one is stopping you next year. For this year, enjoy the year's top shred, and mindblowing things which you never imagined seeing... Even if it is from the same few players. These are the players who care, these are the players which want to make you excited this december, and these are the players who actually did something to make your life better. Not the 26+ who bailed, who seem to get credit for some reason, for doing nothing.

Also, there are videos to come that are non Finnish. I'm keeping the variety for the end, since, I wanted to build up the awesome-ness for the last few days, to blow you all away. Sorry if this seems hasty, just, when people multiple people complain, and clearly more work has went into this year than any other, it is frustrating.

Merry Christmas.

-Jay
Jay Boychuk

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 14 Dec 2011 19:15

Wordup Jay. as long as there is aleski to watch i'm not bored and given you post this shit even before the day ends most of the time i'm cool with 25 days of fins.

BUT with that said, it would be cool to see some not elite level players dicking around with some decent editing. The PSU crew or NYFA or something are just as much footbag as anz's perfectly semetrical dexes.

keep shit poppin' off either way jay.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 14 Dec 2011 19:33

Heard Jay. I do apologize and appreciate the massive time and effort you have done to make this year's calendar. I definitely had to right to complain.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 14 Dec 2011 21:58

It looked like a fairy reverse swirling barraging attempt to me.

Hard to go wrong with High Speed footage, thanks!

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 14 Dec 2011 23:24

i am so grateful for a peek into finland... and even more stoked that its through a fisheye lense and in slowmo, with some canadian flair thrown in.

that video was incredible, thanks to everyone who helped with the calendar.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Dec 2011 01:20

Honestly, myself, I was enjoying the Finnishness and wasn't expecting anything else from all the posts Jay made. The calendar is awesome, and I'm enjoying it more than past calendars -- I hope future calendars build on your tradition of high standards for shred. I was disappointed when a few days in a row of the past calendars were intermediate level shred, not that there's anything wrong with intermediate shred videos, but it's not something to which I look forward every day for a month. This calendar is exactly what I want.

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 15 Dec 2011 04:39

Muffinman wrote:Honestly, myself, I was enjoying the Finnishness and wasn't expecting anything else from all the posts Jay made. The calendar is awesome, and I'm enjoying it more than past calendars -- I hope future calendars build on your tradition of high standards for shred. I was disappointed when a few days in a row of the past calendars were intermediate level shred, not that there's anything wrong with intermediate shred videos, but it's not something to which I look forward every day for a month. This calendar is exactly what I want.
I agree Erik.

Though I have to say that having this many hardcore vids requires top players (or film makers who shred with top players) to activate. This year we can be happy that Jay did an excellent job filming and editing that much, but it is not likely to happen every year. Basically we would need all top players to participate and get 2-3 vids from each. Otherwise we will end up having too little amount of vids (like last year) and will need every single vid (intermediate or pro) to even have a a vid for each day.
-Tuukka Antikainen

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 15 Dec 2011 14:13

so, i guess next year everyone who submitted a video this year, and the ones that didnt, should go to a tournament and film at least one hour of the best players that are present, and then make a video for calendar. that way i guess we could get a quality close to this year :D

i know i´ll be making a video next year again, maybe i will even start editing before november 30th... who knows :D
mäcrö hartig