May the 21. - Mathias Blau

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
m@tte
Hack Fiend

May the 21. - Mathias Blau

Post by m@tte » 22 May 2012 07:34

Hey everybody!

I desiced to film yesterday´s shred session (May 21.). I think it is 5 years ago since my last video so I hope you enjoy. The day was the first actual metrological (over 25 celcius) summer day in Denmark in 2012 so it was ideal for a shred session.

Feel free to comment.

8)

ohh and the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqooo_7zJLA
Mathias Blau,

Denmark

Aalborg footbag team

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 22 May 2012 08:00

8) ...nice shred man ...loved how tight most of the links are ...things that stuck out to me as super cool ...
- fairy > gyro dlo drill
-your fairy dlo b2b was awesome and inspiring ...a dream combo would be phasing dlo b2b ...and by the quick and tight swirl set u have , I bet u could actually work towards it if it was something that u wanted to do .
-the flurrys looked tight and quick on first watched....
-the pixie dlo dril was great
- nice quantum shoes and quantum sets
-made me realize how I can tighten up my game .. Thanks ...
great job man ..thanks for the footage .
SHRED HARD!

Bigfoot_bag
Shredaholic

Post by Bigfoot_bag » 22 May 2012 10:21

Please dont wait other 5 years..... you have an excellent shred. whirr inside clipper? (sry i dont remember the name) great to see.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 22 May 2012 11:19

you had me guessing where your flipside was. Props. I really enjoyed this vid.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 22 May 2012 23:51

Hope to see more footage from you in the future :)
Thanks for sharing
Nikita Aleksandrov

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 23 May 2012 06:40

Your dexes are so small, tight and fast it's ridiculous. Those are some very, very nice runs.

Thanks for the vid!
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

Alex Dworetzky
Shredaholic

Post by Alex Dworetzky » 26 May 2012 22:29

solid mathias! you look faster and tighter than ever, such good sets, which lead to yummy dexes.

keep it up, shit looks tight :D
Alex Dworetzky
Member of the Stanford University Footbag Club (SUFC)

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 28 May 2012 09:35

I really loved how calm your upper body was through all of this. Stayed straight up, totally chill. Really a pleasure to watch. You also do you stuff really clean for the most part - those flurries are to die for.

Thanks a lot. This was a great surprise.

dc
david

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 May 2012 07:16

:arrow: The two things that stood out to me the most were the bothsidedness of your game, as well as how tight and efficient all the motions were. Well done.
:arrow: I'm particularly impressed you got all this good footage from a single session. I can only imagine what kind of video you'd put out if you filmed for a month and picked the best strings over that time period.
:arrow: Two favorite tricks on the video were barroque (unexpected) and whirring swirl (so tight!)
:arrow: Very solid shuffle. Do you spin much? I'd love to see your shuffle mixed up with some spins.
:arrow: Hope you're going to worlds. It'd be great to shred with you.

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it a lot.

m@tte
Hack Fiend

Post by m@tte » 07 Jun 2012 04:20

thanks for all the comments!

-When I just started to kick my old footbag mentor told me that Matthias Schmidt could do all his tricks on both sides. Since then I worked very hard on getting as bothsided as possible. Which means that Im not totally satisfied untill I hit new tricks and combos flipside too.

-phasing dlo b2b would be very nice to hit - I will try it next time I shred!

-jup, I will be there at worlds in Warsaw and Im going to USA for two months this Autumn too.
Mathias Blau,

Denmark

Aalborg footbag team

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Jun 2012 14:49

Super cool.
I remember watching Berlin videos and having my bothsidedness really reinforced by Matthias and Yves too. I don't think I commented on this one yet, but I've watched it a bunch of times. I remember first seeing video of you 6 years ago and being blown away then too for the same reasons. I'm happy to see you haven't lost it like so many other prodigies. Everything was awesome, and I second what everybody else has said.

I think my only constructive criticism might be that it would be nice to see tricks mixed up a bit more. I mean, it's awesome that you do everything both sides, but maybe instead of fairy same DLO BSOS, make one fairy same DLO and one fairy same drifter or something, to show off the bothsidedness, but also to spice up the run so it's less predictable. Just a suggestion. I think I do the same thing and wish my runs were less drill-y.

I can't wait to see more.
Please make more videos!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Jun 2012 16:49

WOW. Nice video dude. Completely impressed with your graceful style and brutal trick execution. Really sick stuff. Keep it up. I definitely would like to see more videos from you.

Also, what do you use as your shred surface in this video? It looks great to play on
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mentor
BSOS Beast

Post by mentor » 26 Jun 2012 12:26

Brutal form Blauski... 8O
Mads Hole

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 27 Jun 2012 06:57

I used to sweat your game like 5 years ago, and you still have that unforgettable style. Sick vid, man
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf