Erik Chan, July 2012

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Muffinman
the gimp

Erik Chan, July 2012

Post by Muffinman » 16 Jul 2012 00:56

Hey guys.
I had a couple sessions this week.
I was really happy with the blurriest drill finally. I know the duck is missing on the last trick in the tapping DLO drill. Sometimes it's hard to tell when doing the trick :? Also, I don't think the angles really help with the double downs in the second video, but I was trying to add some spice instead of the same angle for a whole session... I think I'll work on more core downtime and uptime stuff separately next, since my runs are kinda boring and the same tricks and combos all the time. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Comments are always greatly appreciated.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIp7Z1lF_aU[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN1yin9-pyY[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Jul 2012 07:33

Only suggestion/request would be for more torques/mobius. Your look really good, so throwing more in randomly would be cool. I also liked your inspins in a recent video, so I'd request more of those.

Thanks for taking the time to film and release video. I think people watch, even if comments can be hard to come by these days.

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 17 Jul 2012 08:59

Atomic ss whip looked really cool. Nice unique trick.
Justin Dale
Videos

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 Jul 2012 12:40

Thanks guys :)
Ken: Yeah, the three tricks I wanna do more of, or, like, maybe even every run, are torque, eggbeater, and double down. I wanna work in blenders and dynos too, but one step at a time I guess. I avoided torques for a while because they were too twisty on my back. Strangely, I don't get that with mobius.
Justin: Thanks. I never thought much of it, maybe I'll do more, although I kinda like the feel of atomic whip better.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 17 Jul 2012 16:04

"since my runs are kinda boring"
I like all of your vids and am never bored by them. All the whips give you a pretty unique style. If anything I'd like to see more gyro tricks. Gyro whip would be a pretty cool set up trick. Sick vids Eric. Keep em coming.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

Dio
BSOS Beast

Re: Erik Chan, July 2012

Post by Dio » 20 Jul 2012 11:25

Right on Erik - your atomic sets look great, you should link more stuff out of them (like fusion which was great too!)

Gyro DLO can look so badass midstring and you got it down! All your DLO stuff looks tight but the biggest improvement looks to be your double dexes. Way to get those fast and strong.

Like Ken said, more mobius! morebius.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Jul 2012 11:32

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Jul 2012 12:10

Haha.
Funny! I've been rewatching the Spider-Man series that I grew up with in the 90s, and just watched the first Morbius episode last night :) Thanks guys. I think I JUST started to get my game back again right after my last session with you, Dante :p I think that day was my worst session to date >____< Too bad we never got that session going in the London area while you were in Stratford. Let me know when you're back in the area -- I'll be here for a few years...

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 22 Jul 2012 06:08

Great shred as always Erik. It amazing and inspires me that after such a long career you continue to improve. I really like all of the difficulty you have in your game, especially in these videos that provide highlights. What I would like to see are some longer strings that are padded with 3s and 4s that show a more subtle game with an occasional eplosion here and there; think Bila Laviche. The last few strings in your second video are good examples of this.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.