PSU Weekly Shred

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
isirc10
Fearless

PSU Weekly Shred

Post by isirc10 » 02 Sep 2012 22:59

We the students at Penn State University get bored sometimes. When you are located in the middle of, well, Pennsylvania, things can get pretty slow.
Naturally we play footbag when that happens. It was only a matter of time before we filmed our shenanigans and posted them to the vast expanse of the cyber world.
With that little intro out of the way, here is another little intro, this time explaining the gist of the upcoming video series.
Weekly Shred is an optimistically named series of footbag videos that may or may not get a new addition every week. It displays footage captured from PSU Footbag Club sessions. Our club is relatively new, with two guiltless players and a large amount of new footbaggers who are just beginning to get into the sport, so the videos may not have the most technical or awe inspiring strings. However, we tend to have a lot of fun during sessions, and hope that you will enjoy our runs as much as we did.
Without further ado, I present to you, the first of (hopefully) many Weekly Shred videos:
http://youtu.be/suiP28p6HkE?hd=1
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Re: PSU Weekly Shred

Post by fatbagger » 03 Sep 2012 01:23

Me likey. Glad to see you guys met Khoa.
Keep em comin.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 03 Sep 2012 05:55

+1
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 03 Sep 2012 06:22

Awesome stuff guys!
John Goode

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 03 Sep 2012 09:41

great time guys.....love seeing the excitement from Nick and the others....Props on whirl....also ....Pipebomb hitting atomic muted clipper>nuclear muted clipper was so sick
SHRED HARD!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 01 Jan 2013 17:58

http://youtu.be/NZutVMTUJqM

So this isn't exactly weekly, but that's okay. This time we have a video highlighting some of Nick Polini's game the past month or so. Hope you like it!
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 03 Jan 2013 10:21

http://youtu.be/rJ-KKnk7dhE

And now a video of Nathan Pipenberg doing his thing. Enjoy!
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Jan 2013 22:12

Please keep these coming. I'm really enjoying all of them. I like that the 1st person go pro isn't being overused in them too...it's a nice mixup, but it gets old when overused. Nice song selection so far too.

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 04 Jan 2013 21:11

Thanks for the comment Ken! Its always fun to make a video to show our club to the outside world. The Fpv gopro is a cool angle, and I agree that it should be used sparingly as it gets old quickly (it is just interesting to see what some moves look like to the person who is hitting them) I have a few other interesting camera angles/platforms/gimmics for a video once it gets a bit warmer outside - one of them will be a first in the footbag community :)

expect clearer/better exposed video as I got a better camera for Christmas that will replace my aging gopro for some sessions. The gopro just doesn't cut it indoors but is a great camera when you need something that you can turn on and forget for a session.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 06 Jan 2013 06:52

These videos are awesome! Both videos have such a good vibe! Nathan's game is soooo stylie. And its so awesome to see Nick footage, looks like he is doing well coming back from injury.

Like Ken said, Please keep them coming.
zach jahner

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 07 Jan 2013 08:27

These are fun videos. Thanks for posting!

Nathan's shuffle style is just so clean and clear. I'm not sure how he makes his dexes and moves look so tight with those long legs, but it's really fun to watch.

I also like seeing a couple different perspectives on Nick's enthusiasm. It's fun to see how excited he is about his own game (which is pretty awesome), but it may be even more fun to watch how excited he gets about other people hitting awesome moves.

It looks like the club has a great vibe, so keep the videos coming!
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 10 Jan 2013 02:04

You hear that? That's right, you don't. That's the sound of me not being impressed. YAWWWWWN.

:P Sooo good you guys. I'm jealous of your progress. Nick, your consistency and weird tricks are coming along great. I really liked the fluidity with that weird toe exchange at the beginning of your special. Also, that swirling mirage midstring looked waaaaaay too easy. And out of spin clip no less! Freakin awesome. Nate, that diving drifter>tomb>tomb>dive drift combo. Ugh. I have the flu, and watching you hit that cured me.... but then I realized how sick it was and had a relapse. So thanks for nothing, ya dick!

Also, great job editing the videos Ivan! Screw those other guys. I think we know where the real talent is in that club.

Keep the vids comin! You guys motivate me to keep kickin.
Doug Tank

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 14 Sep 2013 18:30

hmmm... no new videos for the past 6 months... maybe we should rename this series after all.
Anyhow, the PSU scene isn't dead, I just got sick of editing videos. Now that my little vacation is over, I am gonna be back at it. As a refresher, these videos will not be full of dense shred and lung busting guiltless runs - our two best players graduated last year, so the PSU club is rebuilding - in a big way. With that out of the way, please enjoy the first video of our shred year!

http://youtu.be/6kpzLXbO5VA
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 15 Sep 2013 10:02

Very cool video! Great to see a collection of new players working together to improve. I tried to get something started like this 4 years ago here at Queen's University but only had a couple people actually come out for a session. Props to Ivan, Nick and Nathan for promoting the sport and recruiting. Also really nice to see some runs from Ivan - your consistency is on the up bro!

I hope to come visit sometime during the academic year, whether it's during a tournament or not!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 15 Sep 2013 11:54

Yeah man! Anyone who wants to visit will have crash space on our couch/beanbag/floor and we will feed you cheap college food. There will be daily shred sessions. We absolutely love visitors!
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 15 Sep 2013 13:21

good stuff. ivan and ryan have improved allllllot since the last time we played.

i'm planning on making a return to good ol' PSU at somepoint this year, host a jam kidz.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Strix
Shredalicious

Post by Strix » 15 Sep 2013 17:14

Awesome movie.

Wanted to comment on Nicks run at 2:21 to 2:51. There was a rake around 2:40, the move that set it and the dex just made it look il. Sweet run even got some props from the baller.

Nice work everyone.

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 23 Dec 2013 00:30

Well, I suppose I will just leave this here in case anyone bothers to look while the CC is still going on. It's not much, but it's the best we've got at the moment. Here's to getting better!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqtUFNwwqU[/youtube]
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 10 Aug 2014 23:42

So over six months without an update... Wow. I really didn't give myself a chance when I named this "weekly shred"
Oh well, stuff happened and people hit things and I filmed and then I edited and then I uploaded and then... I shut up and went to sleep.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NXXR7eHso[/youtube]
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 11 Aug 2014 02:52

Yay! Such a fun video!!!

It's cool to see how much you guys have improved! Great stuff everyone!