Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 1: Adam Greenwood, Jorden Moir.

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 1: Adam Greenwood, Jorden Moir.

Post by jay7 » 30 Nov 2013 23:04

Congratulations everyone! We made it to December! I'm opening this year with a bit of Southern Ontario pride. Adam Greenwood has provided to you a shred video, and Jorden has given us a ridiculous video, showing us how he is breaking ground (and everything else) in the juggling world. Below, they have provided you all with a bit of insight into their videos, and what they want you to know.

Day One, Part One. Adam Greenwood.

This video was never intended to be a X-mas calendar video, actually the day I filmed it I had one particular link in mind and that was all I supposed to capture. I`m sure most of you know the feeling that runs through you when you drop the bag for your first toe stalls of your warm-up run, and you can already tell today is going to be one of those days where you play at your best, and progress will be made.

Let me change the topic, and talk about favorite tricks. Anyone know what its like to not be able to hit your favorite tricks? What a shame it is when some of the elements someone most enjoys watching are some of the ones that seem to come the least naturally. Well this last year was a huge breakthrough for me in that respect, and in the last couple months, I have finally felt like I was approaching what my idea of a well rounded player was. This video contains a lot of those elements, especially torques and blenders, things I have loved for years, but have only recently been able to put into strings with any competency. Its almost strange to watch myself hit some of these elements on camera, having tried so long with no success.

Isn't that one of the greatest things about this sport? That progression, that feeling of breaking new ground, whether for yourself or for the sport as a whole. You can work and work at something, feeling like your growth is incremental, but then look back to a year before and realize how far it is you have really come. On that note, many things in this video are first times for me, and some of my reactions really show it!

Thanks to Jay for putting this thing together, and also for his invaluable blender tips and passion for footbag, and thanks to all of you for watching. I'm excited for all the videos, and hope to shred with all of you someday soon!

-Adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLaxovmgRh0

Day One, Part Two. Jorden Moir.

I decided to add the multiple attempts of one trick with the original sound in the middle of this video to kind of shake things up a bit. Almost all my footage is about achieving tricks with very few missed attempts included. This doesn't hint at what goes behind a lot of the things I do. This is true for jugglers, footbaggers and all other skill-based artists. What we present on YouTube is a collection of highlights; a fantasy world where anything is possible. We actively conceal our weak points and show only the good. Sometimes it's good to include the human side of things, which consists of constant struggle and failure as a reminder. This time of year, let's celebrate the things we've struggled for. Let's celebrate and forgive the shortcomings of others, while at the same time, inspire everybody, as well as ourselves, to reach a higher level of human potential. Welcome to Day 1.

-JM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZTaUiRmaM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVCxXaRtWig / Placeholder video, while youtube takes its time.
Last edited by jay7 on 01 Dec 2013 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Boychuk

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 1: Adam Greenwood, Jorden Moir

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Nov 2013 23:41

Well didn't yet see Jorden's but Adam's was fantastic. Super inspiring man. You have really improved since Worlds. Keep up the good work. Will be rewatching over and over again for sure. Big props on the Blurry Torque b2b and 8 Fearless!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 01 Dec 2013 01:16

Here's my video submission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUZTaUiRmaM
Jorden Moir

ser_spain
Hack Fiend

Post by ser_spain » 01 Dec 2013 02:51

Jorden, you are crazy.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 01 Dec 2013 04:07

Adam, you really impressed me at worlds this summer, I have not seen you for quite a while and you have stepped very high on your game

I really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!

Jorden blew my mind as always !
Mathieu Gauthier

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 01 Dec 2013 08:41

Sick!!

It's so great to see how far Adam has come in the past couple years! His game has so much more diversity these days. So awesome.

And Jorden, just nuts! I can't even fathom how you do that shit. I can't even do toe stalls without looking at the bag :P

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 01 Dec 2013 09:01

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 01 Dec 2013 09:22

Cassy, I still have to look at the bag but it's rather subtle. From training looking up I just need to see the peak of the toe set in my periphery to usually know where the bag's headed. Any player can learn this. It's just a matter of repetitions, keeping the chin up and back totally straight. Having very heavy footbags helps to eliminate unpredictable horizontal flight paths.
Jorden Moir

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 01 Dec 2013 10:28

Jorden that was insane! Adam you game looks amazing! PROPS!
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Allan

Post by Allan » 01 Dec 2013 11:45

Jay, if you ever post the text of a link and then underline it _without linking it_ again, I will hunt you down and launch into a verbal tirade the likes of which you'll ... probably laugh at.

Both videos today are awesome. I'm stoked.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 01 Dec 2013 11:58

I did that, as well as used fancy colours. Modified's new site has hated these features, ever since the new arrival of this version. My blog has suffered these pains as well. I literally tried typing it myself, AND hitting the code buttons on the links this morning. I'd love to have green and red plaguing these posts, but it just doesn't work. Oddly enough, when you hit Preview, the URL and colours work, only to fail upon hitting submit. Then, cue me taking out all of the URL / colour codes for ten minutes, swearing at the preview button which lied to me like Scrooge McDuck saving money.

Thanks for the support in the concept though. If you can figure out how to make the URL / colour codes work, I'll gladly use them again.
Jay Boychuk

Allan

Post by Allan » 01 Dec 2013 12:17

If I had more time and more desire, I'd look at fixing it. I'll get to it at some point. In the meantime, just keep it simple :) At very least, just don't ever use the underline feature at all. Underlining text is a silly anachronism anyhow :) Sorry. I don't want to hijack the thread with this ...

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 01 Dec 2013 14:05

always inspiring, Adam, some strings made me clap my hands, I don't really know your game, but that was good!

Jorden, as always, your eye-feet-hand coordination is sooo good, I loved where you showed the missed attempts, it shows that even you are human.

Can't wait for the rest of the calendar.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Dec 2013 18:54

Jorden, your video was monstrous dude. I can't even comprehend how you multitask like that.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Junior
BSOS Beast

Post by Junior » 01 Dec 2013 19:52

Adam, amazing! I didn't see your new videos but the progress since I saw it last time is purely great.
Mr. Jorden, this is unbelievable,no words. In Moscow your circus is tremendously popular, come and shred with us, would be like some dreams come true
20 years old...
Still hope to be some good;)

Andrey Dyakonov

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 02 Dec 2013 06:01

Adam....props on blurry torque b2b....great video

JM.....wow ........ I really loved many of the tricks.....but the behind the back kick into the juggle had me go WOW!!!....

the other tricks were amazing too. Props on your continuous progression......or so it seems .... :)
SHRED HARD!

Air
Aleksi Airinen

Post by Air » 03 Dec 2013 05:31

Adam, I think you've made a lot of progress since the last time I watched you play. Smoother style, more both sided stuff. Looks great.

Jorden is amazing, I can't even wrap my head around half of those combos!