Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 4: Abel Farkas and crew

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 4: Abel Farkas and crew

Post by jay7 » 03 Dec 2013 23:44

Lords, squires, and maidens of Modified!

Today's video comes from Team Hungary, who are very excited about participating in the Joulukalenteri this year.

Day Four. Hungarian Pride.

Tamas, Andras and I are actually the only active footbaggers in Hungary at the moment. But we still practice, and enjoy this sport! Unfortunately, we don't have so many chances to play together, since I'm studying far away from them, but we can manage to get together once a month. When this year's Christmas Calender was declared we automatically wanted to join since we really enjoyed last years participation. For filming this video we could get together only once, but Tamas and Grek shot a few more clips. Through a misunderstanding our latest video was named Nevtelen (which means ''unnamed'' in Hungarian), but we decided to keep it. So here is Nevtelen 2 for your enjoyment! We wish you a happy winter, and Christmas! :)

http://youtu.be/Pj86nXeTOg8
Jay Boychuk

acxel22
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 4: Abel Farkas and crew

Post by acxel22 » 04 Dec 2013 03:28

Wow I haven't seen these guys for so long! nice to see some of their shred!
Mathieu Gauthier

Junior
BSOS Beast

Post by Junior » 04 Dec 2013 05:27

Very nice strings and tricks! Surging ps whirl was amazing, and chainsaw massacre was great as a lot of other things. Thank you!
20 years old...
Still hope to be some good;)

Andrey Dyakonov

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2013 10:42

I really liked Abel's game. Your style is really smooth and fun to watch. Everyone else was great too. Don't think I've seen any footage of you guys before. Don't fall off the planet! I'm hoping to meet you all someday and also hoping to see more footage from you guys.

On top of that, by the first 2 seconds of the video, I knew it was going to be great because I heard the intro to "Rocky Road To Dublin", probably my favorite Dropkicks song. Great music choice. I was actually thinking about using a Dropkicks Christmas song for my video, but you beat me to it and I'm not upset about that because it was so sick haha.

Wish it was longer though.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 04 Dec 2013 15:05

Always a pleasure to watch Grek shred. Such smooth style and effortless toe game.
I'm not sure who is whom other than him though. The thing that stood out the most in the video was the spinny guy who does this thing where he looks upward when he spins on one side. His game is cool. I like the flails and toe stuff, quantums. All fun to watch.
I think the music kind of threw me off though and I may've enjoyed the video a lot more to something with a beat. I don't mind the music, just felt off to shred.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2013 22:31

Muffinman wrote: I think the music kind of threw me off though and I may've enjoyed the video a lot more to something with a beat. I don't mind the music, just felt off to shred.
I disagree with Erik :P The sound track was great, in my opinion. I thought punk went well with this video. I wish more videos had punk soundtracks rather than wubstep. I know a good bit of older vids had sound tracks like Bad Religion, Pennywise, and I saw a Samu Ahola video with a mohawk, playing to Nekromantix as a sound track. I think punk goes well with shred.

Dont mean to hijack, but Abel, I like your taste in music. And what Erik mentioned about your spins, how you look up. I thought that was pretty cool and stylish.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

AbelFarkas
Shredalicious

Post by AbelFarkas » 12 Dec 2013 00:02

Thanks for the posotive feedback! :)
Actually the music was Tamas' choice (the guy in green T-shirt), but I love it too!
To be honest, I don't like my own style that much, I want to make my upper body more relaxed wih way less unnecessray movements.

Nick! Here are our video from last years's CC (in wich Grek and Tamas were in better shape):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsv6sjfmObk