Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 15: FFO + AS1

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 15: FFO + AS1

Post by jay7 » 14 Dec 2013 18:22

Salutations.

Day 15 has been oddly memorable for me, because in 2011 when I ran the Calendar, that was the day I did the "Airinen" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52nz15Uw6D4. For whatever reason, it was the video that I deemed the best of my editing, up to that point. Because I am still twisting and turning in bed at night, over what video(s) should be day 24, I have decided to play it safe. Today I give you two decent videos, rather than something epic and stomach upsetting.

Aleksi Show One.

Recent Story: Somehow Lon Smith viewed this video, despite being set to private, and even left a comment. Apparently, there is much to be improved. My apologies. Also, if anyone knows how you can get a link to a private video, do tell. God he is magical.

Historic story: Aleksi came to Canada, among many others, for my wedding. Fortunately, I had the camera running for our sessions. Unfortunately, Anssi and I played like donkeys for two of these sessions. They, then, became the Aleksi show. In honour of how well he shredded, and how dashing he looked doing it, I decided to cook these up. Enjoy. Also, for those who didn't watch cartoons as a kid, these are spoofing the "Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noyWnY2BJg8

Finnish Footbag Open

Once upon a time, I was residing in Finland. I knew that the FFO was coming up, and I was shaking in my boots with excitement. Once upon a time, I also heard that a certain David Clavens was in England, doing his thing, as he does. I decided to try and fuse two great things by seeing if I could entice him to come, with smooth talk and fanboy appreciation. As it turns out, the Footbag fairy must have been in a good mood, and his tickets were booked. In excitement, I baked loads of treats for his arrival, and we all got to go pick him up at the airport. Then, a tournament happened. Hoorah. Finn's will notice a special guest passing the time in the beginning of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oChu6CavRtk
Jay Boychuk

Muffinman
the gimp

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 15: FFO + AS1

Post by Muffinman » 14 Dec 2013 19:35

Wow. I feel like I didn't deserve two videos. Too good. I'm gonna be spoiled for tomorrow if this doesn't keep up. Incredible stuff. Aleksi's leviathan and alpine pixie paradon both BSOS.... uughhh. So stupid. And one combo from the first video in particular... I think it was gyro symp eggbeater > dolomite > big apple? Aleksi is a machine. great to see some footbag of Dave too. I hope and expect that there will be much more :) 10 more days still!!

You're the best, Jay

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Dec 2013 19:37

Blurry Whirling Swirl back to back was amazing. However, sloppy shreds and the eggbeaters, grifters, and drifters should have been put together. Bad music and not enough theme.. :P just kidding.

I thought the Aleksi video was entertaining as hell. Loved every bit of it. I do agree with Lon that the theme was kinda lost with that one, but it was still ridiculous.

The FFO put me in a trance and when it was over, it was like the hypnotist never snapped his fingers a second time to wake me up and I was kind of upset about that :P It was too good to be only 4 minutes long. What a cliffhanger with this one. I hope there is more where this came from.

All in all, both videos were awesome. A very merry Day 15 it was/is/will be in an hour and a half...
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 15 Dec 2013 09:22

incredible videos, I'm amazed!
Mathieu Gauthier