Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 22. Berlin Sessions XVI + Zurich

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 22. Berlin Sessions XVI + Zurich

Post by jay7 » 21 Dec 2013 20:35

Ahoy my fizzied!

Today is another two videos. It is getting really hard to choose which videos should go where these days. Hope you enjoy today :)

Berlin Sessions XVI

Juho and Samu visited me in Berlin in July. We had a great time and even played quite a bit. I don't know why we chose to try Spinning Mobius with Juho, since I clearly wasn't up for the task!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6RkHiZwANo

Zurich Session

Another video from July. It was absolutely bloody hot this day. Rene and I battled the heat in the only way we knew best... Playing Footbag outdoors. This was shot at his University, making me fall in love with Switzerland that much more. As a bit of background story, at 11:00 am one morning in the area of Munich, I went on Facebook telling Rene: I think I might go to Zurich today. I have to be in Switzerland in a few days. To which he said "Perfect. Don't bother with a hotel, here is my address". I was there at 18:00, and we had an evening session, drank Green tea and eye-fondled the ridiculously cool dwelling he slumbers in. Big props to Rene for an unforgettable few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSazbZ4bHY4
Jay Boychuk

Derek
Fearless

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 22. Berlin Sessions XVI + Zuri

Post by Derek » 21 Dec 2013 21:28

YAY, for Rene!

That last run, though....
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Dec 2013 23:14

UGH.

Berlin:

Air: *staples hand a bunch of times, then pours windex in eyeballs*
Juho: *hits head against wall many times*
Samu: Wish there was more from you. I love your game.

Zurich:

Rene: I love your game. It's one of the more entertaining ones. I will be using you as my inspiration for getting better at Double Spins and Alpine Stepping. You rip, man. Double Spinning Clipper> Spender> Inspinning Clipper... wtf.
Jay: Your game is absolutely textbook. I love your creativity.. Creator.. -iv..ity? Nice pun, Nick. Thanks. The Slapping Eggbeater> ss Blink made me jump and shout. That was sick man.

Great videos everyone. Seriously. Such a great day on the calendar.

I must know, Rene... Where did you get that shred mat? I need one of those! Please link me if you would?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

dasreen
Shredaholic

Post by dasreen » 30 Dec 2013 12:19

Hey Nick!
This mat is one of three or four mats that have been around in Switzerland at least since Euros 2006 in Lausanne (You see them everywhere in shred videos from then). As far as I know they have been sponsored - and were unbelievable expensive (four digits..!? that's what I heard once..). Next time I see Jan, which shouldn't take more than 12 month, I'll ask about the details what material they were made of. It's definitely a day and night difference recovery-wise even though they're only 4-5mm thick.
Thank you for the kind comments :>

Ah right, I can remember on missing out the paradon set completely. I wanted to see it so badly (live, seen it on videos of course) since Jakob told me about it when Jorden was visiting Berlin..Gnaaaa
rene