Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 24: Bachelor Party + Berlin XX

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
jay7
Flower Child

Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 24: Bachelor Party + Berlin XX

Post by jay7 » 23 Dec 2013 22:00

Well folks, today is day 24 of the 2013 Joulukalenteri. I've been told by a small mass of people that they really enjoyed this calendar, and I really enjoyed each time I heard someone share their words. Making videos for, and running the calendar isn't exactly building the pyramids.. But there is a ball of emotion, hope and dedication put toward it. Feedback in any way is lovely for me, and I believe also great for the community. Sharing opinions, joy and unrestricted fury for people's online content is something that really feeds back into tournaments and our community, and in the spirit of St. Nick it might be nice to leave a comment... For any of the videos you enjoyed/despised this month.

Since the day the Calendar started, I knew day 24 going to be a tough one to choose. Given what I had, I knew nothing (except for Juho, who insisted on day 20)would really stand out shred wise. So I decided to try and choose the videos with that "little something extra". Obviously there have been so many dexes, players and locations around the world, I figured I would try to get atmosphere. Since Mads Hole has retired, I was stuck again. So one day I sat down with Jorden, showed him 8 upcoming videos, and said "Here are my 6 choices for day 24. Please pick". He then said "I choose video 7". Bollocks.

So, today I give you the most selfish day 24 to date. Roughly 15 minutes of footage will give you two videos, focused around important dates in my life. I didn't want pure shred videos for day 24, but I also wanted to satisfy the cravings of those wanting cool links and many great players. I hope I hit a small balance for you all. If it wasn't obvious in these words, I hope you aren't annoyed at seeing more footage of me, rather than Juho's first steps, or Felix's first words.

Bachelor Party

Many people dream of the women, cigars, leather books, fast cars or the tropics when it comes to a bachelor party. I, however, imagined playing Footbag with my closest friends. I was confident in the whole marriage bit, but at the risk of Marriage changing footbag for me, I figured this would be my last chance to seize the highlight of my bachelor life.. So I did it. Note that some of the footage from the morning of the wedding, and the footbag was the day before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCj_brALlww

Berlin Sessions XX - Creator Special

This is one my favorites in the Berlin Sessions saga. I had the honor to host Mr. & Mrs. Boychuk for a few days in Berlin before we would all head to Czech Republic for an absolutely fuckingk massive footbag camp. This was mine and our last day in Berlin. I had partied until early morning the last night since it was, well, the last chance for it Because of this I let Jay do the playing and I only filmed. I tried to get as many different shots and angles as possible. We filmed it at an old war memorial that's also featured in XV and XVI, a nice spot to film. We filmed for a long time and I ended up with tons of footage. It was then quite hard to structure a good video out of all the footage, but I'm happy with the outcome. Big thanks to the Creator himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrpkFq-p2c
Jay Boychuk

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri 2013 - Day 24: Bachelor Party + Berlin XX

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Dec 2013 23:28

I'm sad that it's over. But it was a killer run with a fantastic finish! The Creator Special was my 2nd favorite video of the calendar (first place going to Juho, of course). Jay I love your style and especially trick selection. You got 4 separate "OH!"s after every contact of High Plains Rake> Paradon *rpt (each one getting progressively louder). The mid run Spinning Reverse Swirl was a great touch. And in general, the video was epic. I downloaded it immediately. Will use this one as pre-session hype formula.

The Prewedding video was sick too. Lots of great runs from everyone.

I wish December would come again sooner than later. I miss Joulukalenteri already. It was such a nice opportunity to always have a new shred video every day, without fail. It was also great to be a part of it, even though my part could have been better. It was still a blast.

Jay, thank you for busting your ass and never failing to get the videos being posted on time. I'm changing this December's name from "December '13" to "Decremember '13" because you created a very memorable month for the sport's community. Big thanks to Anssi and Jay for doing the Links of the day. The videos were like gifts and the LOTD was like a little piece of delicious chocolate that went in the stocking for that day. Also big thanks to anyone that was relied on to submit a video. No no-shows and no bum footage. And big thanks for everyone who commented and watched the videos because the reactions were also a lot of fun to read and they added to the videos, too.

Decremember '13... What a ride.
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 24 Dec 2013 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 24 Dec 2013 01:36

Loved the bonus stuff.
Nice song. Nice vibe to the vid.

The second video: dat calf muscle! solid. Nice edit. crazy ass single-leg triple dex like it ain't no thing. I liked the high-plains-ish rake.
Last edited by CIC flurry on 24 Dec 2013 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

grek
Fearless

Post by grek » 24 Dec 2013 01:39

The truth is that everyone was freakin' awesome!
But Kevin couldn't handle the truth!!! :twisted:

Thx Jay for the effort to make our December better, it worked rather well! We are happy little footbaggers now :D

Take care and merry x-mass!!!
András Horváth

taishi
Shredaholic

Post by taishi » 24 Dec 2013 02:27

Nice reaction Kevin :lol:

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 24 Dec 2013 06:49

Thank you so much for a wonderful Joulukalenteri Jay and to everyone else who made videos. It really is so exciting to know that everyday when I get a chance to finally make it to my computer I will have a fresh awesome video or 2 or 3 or 5. I hope this doesn't lead to a drought in fresh footage cause now I feel spoiled. Have a Merry Christmas, HO HO HO
Drew Martin

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 24 Dec 2013 12:14

Berlin XX was awesome Jay, great calendar and great way to finish it!
Mathieu Gauthier

jones
Shredalicious

Post by jones » 24 Dec 2013 14:11

thanks for your huge effort to make this possible. there were some ridiculous ones!
i should have written more comments to all videos. thats the least i can do!
for the future, i will comment on every video i watched. my goal for 2014 :)

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 24 Dec 2013 20:43

Great calendar! Thanks for all your hard work Jay - many memorable videos and comments.

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 25 Dec 2013 03:10

my reactions and emotions to lots of the videos and the craziness i could witness during december were pretty similar to kevins' outbreak of discomposure :o

thanks a lot for the whole Joulukalenteri, it was a blast!
Michael L.

dasreen
Shredaholic

Post by dasreen » 30 Dec 2013 12:54

The last one was fun to watch despite being so long, one session and only one player. The choice of songs was spot-on.
rene

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 31 Dec 2013 07:42

I want to say thank you Jay and others who toke part in the calendar!

It was on a complete new level this year!

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 30 Jan 2014 12:13

:lol: at Kevin's remarks in the end. Fun video to watch!
Chrissy Fryer