Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Joulukalenteri & Link of the Day 2014

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Dec 2014 20:57

Here's a doozy.. I must admit, I was a little disappointed with lack of Worlds 2014 (Paris) footage... And then all of the sudden Sergio Garcia comes along and is all "SHUT UP AND STOP BEING DISAPPOINTED, NICK! I HAVE A TON OF GREAT FOOTAGE FROM WORLDS! I'LL MAKE A VIDEO FOR THE JOULUKALENTERI!!!" Ok, so, Sergio never actually said this to me.. any of it. I made it all up for your entertainment.. However, I did not make up the fact that Sergio went to town editing a really dope Worlds 2014 video with a fun vibe that really makes you feel like you were there (even if you weren't). This is either his very first or one of his first edits ever, and I think he did a smashing job. Thanks for the video, Sergio!

Enjoy, errbuddy!
:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

This one's like.. cool uh huhuhuh
Happy Day 4!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

CJ
Hack Fiend

Post by CJ » 03 Dec 2014 22:05

Thanks Sergio!! This video made me very, very happy :) Great memories!
♫ Caroline Birch ♫

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 04 Dec 2014 03:02

Thanks Sergio for this video. Good vibe.

Seeing Serge Kaldany was one of the highlights!
Wiktor Debski

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 04 Dec 2014 04:13

Really enjoyed that. excellent edit Sergio!
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2014 17:30

Anton Britting Worlds was a riot! Sergio Garcia excellent work highlighting players from around the globe!...and was that reverse whirlygig!? You need to calm down son!
20 hrs · Like · 1

Evan Gatesman yumm! memories
20 hrs · Like

Mark Monistere great video ....happy to see some footage from worlds..... liked the edit ..thanks so much
20 hrs · Like

Vince Richarson This looked like such a good time! Great video!
19 hrs · Like

Marco Hartig Cool stuff! I wondering about that worlds footage absense as well, now im satisfied!
19 hrs · Like

Kevin Hogan Anton runs this calendar. looked like a grand ol time.
19 hrs · Like · 1

Caroline Birch You rock Sergio! Thank you so much
19 hrs · Like · 1

Yves Archambault Good job Sergio!
18 hrs · Like · 1

Yves Archambault And if some of the freestylers that watched the net matches want to see some of the action again: http://www.footbagarchives.com/p/2014_97.html

Footbag Archives: 2014
FOOTBAGARCHIVES.COM
18 hrs · Like · 4

Ethan Red Husted haha what fun. This event really got me stoked on schooling hard again. Paris rocks as well, good times for sure
18 hrs · Like · 1

Ivan Iakimenko That was a sweet edit! I know editing/releasing worlds footage can be a bit daunting at first (I know it was for me) but you did a fantastic job mixing in a little bit of everything into that video, making it very fun to watch. Looking forward to more stuff from you Sergio.
17 hrs · Like · 1

Sergio Garcia Thanks for the kind words! I think now I respect even more the job of editor... Never thought would be so hard!
17 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Teach that 2 bag juggling queen oohicky and 2icky? That was So impressive that 2-bag stuff I really like.
17 hrs · Like · 3

Ilya Sernov Impressive, thank you!
16 hrs · Like

Matt Emmings Who was the girl at the end? She has solid skills, loved that last blurry whirl.
16 hrs · Edited · Like · 1

Sergio Garcia Tina Aeberli
16 hrs · Like · 1

Marco Hartig One thing I realised after watching this a few times over: we need more footage of freestyle doubles, we need more net footage and we definitely need more shreditas (so who ever reads this, go and make your awesome girlfriend into an awesome footbag playing girlfriend!!!)... Also more cameras at big events like worlds!
16 hrs · Like · 2

Sergio Garcia yesplease!!!
16 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett What Rippin' said! I thought for sure I was going to see sole and flapper juggle after seeing what she pulled off. I don't know if that stuff she did HASN'T been done before, but that was the first time I recall seeing it. The introductions into shred were a great idea. I love getting to know who you all are by your faces AND shred style.
16 hrs · Like · 1

Erik Chan Fun. Thanks guys
14 hrs · Like · 1

Cass Taylor Fun video! I really enjoyed that.
13 hrs · Like · 1

Johnny 'Breakdown' Sarah Yes please!!!! \m/
11 hrs · Like · 1

Darren Kautz Awesome seeing so many different players and skills. Great video!
11 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett A fitting contribution to the Calendar, Sergio. Way to go!
11 hrs · Like · 1

Derek Littlefield SO GOOD.
4 hrs · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2014 21:00

Day five, keepin' with the jive! I'll just come straight out and say it.. this video is top-notch creativity and EFFORT from Ken Somolinos. What Ken did is a really brilliant Sunil Jani tribute. You may want to refer to THIS VIDEO (Sunil's part from "Where The Ripwalk Ends"). I added the time stamp for 10:14, when Sunil's part started, so it SHOULD queue up to that section. You'll catch on immediately. The tricks are not exact, but so very similar. Ken even took some of Sunil's runs and one-upped them! Very fun watch. Get ready for some in-your-face creativity AND hardcore shred. Hope you enjoy it. This is really a treat and you can tell a lot of hard work went into it, so please comment and give Ken some props.

A bit of a funny back-story on this video from my end of things.. I had a conversation with Ken about this video when he proposed his "Sunil tribute" idea to me. I thought it was brilliant and told him that he would be Day 5 and to have his video to me by Day 3. He proceeded to mess with my head, saying "So what day am I again? Day 9, right? Have my video to you by Day 5?" I was baffled by how he got it so confused. I clearly explained it to him again. "Video airs on Day 5. Would like your video sent to me by Day 3". Then Ken explained to me that Sunil was known to mess with people like this. This conversation was just Ken's warm-up to get into character, apparently :P The next week Ken asks me "so Day 16 is the public release of my video?" *also sends me a link to his video*. Me: "...You bastard. Well played, Sunil ;)"

:footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

I think plenty of people can do this, but maybe have never done the second trick before... This was created to push you slightly out of your comfort zone ;)
Nick Polini

Funblog

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 04 Dec 2014 22:24

so dense, so appealing. nice work, ken. =) glad to be shred buddies and good friends.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 04 Dec 2014 23:24

Very very cool video ken. Such hardcore shred, nice edit as well. I really enjoyed this!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 05 Dec 2014 01:57

Ivan: What a sick video! Happy to see so much Lon Smith footage these days. FootbagDenmark has had an obsession with Lon over the years and it's good to see him back to kicking.

Justin: You are a beast like Wolverine with a bag. I wish you a speedy recovery like Wolverine.

Michigan: That looked like such a fun session. Just a bunch of guys hanging out, doing sick tricks and having fun. Just like a footbag session should be! I wish you the best of the luck with your NY Jam.

Sergio: Was great to see so many familiar faces. Especially Serge. I should send him a message sometime soon.

Ken: The shirt you are playing in is a Besiktas jersey, right? I also mainly play in a Turkish football team jersey, from the team Fenerbache.

I still owe you a soft drink from when we were in Prague. I will buy you a Cola Turka when you come to Copenhagen :)

Here is a clip from the original danish The Julekalender, which inspired the Finnish The Joulukalenteri, which was the inspiration for the name of the footbag one.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Dec 2014 18:17

Well, that was a weird video :D

Nick Polini Damn, this video still just gets me so pumped. Such an exciting release! Ken, it goes without saying.. you're the man.
21 hrs · Like · 2

Chris Dean Those are sweet shades, by the way.
20 hrs · Unlike · 2

Nick Polini That's not real gold?!
20 hrs · Like · 3

Ryan Morris That was a sweet video.
20 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Oh Snap! Clown Face! Ridiculous! Sunil was So Effin fun to party and shred with! Thanks guys!
20 hrs · Like · 1

Kevin Hogan ken's the man. that was awesome.
20 hrs · Like · 1

Bob Green Nice work!
19 hrs · Like · 1

Reilley Adamson Clownface? Amazing. Ken, you're so awesome.
19 hrs · Like · 1

Derek Littlefield What, totally didn't know you could hit Clownface.
18 hrs · Like

Ilya Sernov SHIETZ! Such an amazing concept and hard shred. Great job, Ken!
18 hrs · Like · 1

Paul Gressett
Paul Gressett's photo.
16 hrs · Unlike · 6

Erik Chan I think you should have a disclaimer that if you're familiar with Sunil and Where the Ripwalk Ends that you don't have to read the blurb first -- it ruined the surprise for me great video though -- thanks Ken. I've always wanted to do a recreation video like this
15 hrs · Like

Cass Taylor Awesome!
14 hrs · Like · 1

Adam Keith Absolutely Killin it Ken!
13 hrs · Like · 1

Mark Monistere really enjoyed it.....like the edit, the links, and especially the tribute idea.... btw....DAMN on the last trick....well done sir
11 hrs · Like · 1

Darren Kautz Yessir, that was some good stuff.
11 hrs · Like · 1

Sergio Garcia Genial Ken! eres un ejemplo
10 hrs · Like · 1

Ken Somolinos Thanks for the kind words everybody. Erik, I asked Nick to put the blurb in there, because I figured a majority of viewers are too young to have seen WTRE, and I wanted to make sure they saw the original before mine. Thank you also to Ivan for his help getting me the audio track and some of the images I used.
10 hrs · Like · 3

Mike Toolan Very entertaining. Now I have to watch Where the Ripwalk Ends all the way through.
10 hrs · Like · 1

Khoa Dao Anh Nguyen I just love how this corresponds with that section in Where the Ripwalk ends in terms of combos (scratch that! The combos are almost the same, but you upgraded some of them too! Sik!) But in terms of editing as well lol. When that clownface corresponds...See More
8 hrs · Like · 1

Richard Reese Was there a Boulder Beater in there CF?!
7 hrs · Like · 1

Justin Dale This video hits me right in the nostalgia. This is the greatest and best video in the world...noooo...this is just a tribute.
41 mins · Edited · Like · 1
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Dec 2014 20:56

Yo yo yo! What's that? Been craving another one, you say? Been watching the clock all day, agonizingly waiting for the next video, you say? Well, STOP IT! The video's here, you footbag fiends!

So, unfortunately I had some people bail on a few spots in the calendar this year. They were good reasons though, so I don't hold anything against these people. Fortunately, I thought ahead and tried to film some extra "OH-S***-THEY-BAILED!" footage. Today is an "OH-S***-THEY-BAILED!" video from Nathan Bonslaver and me.

Background for the video: Before saying, "first off" then explaining some things, I'd first off like to say, "First off, this is our new shred spot for the winter, which we call the shred prison... because.. well just look." Now, First off, this is not footage of me throwing down my hardest tricks into runs. This footage (my part, at least) stems from something Ianek told me in Boston: (paraphrasing) "A player is only as good as their 30+ contact run" or "your true level is the level of your 30+ contact run" and something like "The only one here who always hits strings of 30+ contacts is Jim Penske, because he's so consistent." Anyway, Ianek really helped me out that weekend, and this is some footage to show the effects of our talks. I tried shooting for more consistent 30+ contact runs with good variety, nice flow, and some "Wow" tricks, as Ianek calls them. Nathan is just an incredible learner. He's really surprised me with how much he's progressed over this year (this was filmed just before he hit 1 full year of footbag). That kid is such a good shred partner.

(Apologies for bad framing. GoPro gets whacky sometimes.)

Hope you dig this one.

Link of the Day

Even though the first trick is only 2 ADDs (although, I try to take the ADD system as a GENERAL suggestion of difficulty), I feel that this is a trick that some people simply skipped over, or "Hopped over", if you will ;) I think this first trick helped me build a lot of my crank strength, so I think it's a great one to practice. The second one could be a bit tough for some, however. Good luck!
Nick Polini

Funblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 05 Dec 2014 21:11

I've got great things to say about todays video. First off, Cloud Cult, Yes! Second, Nathan is getting so good its crazy. Third, Nck you are one of my favorite people to watch play, your style is great, that ducking flapper was unexpected, and I'll be watching this video a lot.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 06 Dec 2014 05:05

That's the kind of video I like to watch the most. Good shred. :footbag:
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Dec 2014 20:29

Thanks so much everyone. I'm happy to say this is just a taste from both Nathan and myself. The worst of our footage in the calendar. Had to start somewhere, right?

Matthew Kemmer Hot damn that pdx torque link was sick
23 hrs · Unlike · 3

Ryan Morris You should have used some gangsta rap for the music. Would have been more Czech.
23 hrs · Unlike · 1

Adam Greenwood Good job guys! Nathan is going to be insane in a couple years. As always, your smoothness and sick trick selection make me happy Nick.
23 hrs · Like

Evan Gatesman that was great stuff. I liked the scene and the feeling of the video. thanks.
22 hrs · Like · 1

Ianek Regimbald a crazy link from Nick and some good consistency from Nathan. Nice!
22 hrs · Like

Skyler Lon Smith That osis save was awesome and the ducking flapper sole repeat was surprising and neat looking. Did anyone else notice that paradox torque to spun blink?!!
21 hrs · Like

Mark Monistere make me want to shred
21 hrs · Like

Marco Hartig If thats what we get when guys bail out if their spot, I hope there will be more bails! Nathan is soooo good already, he could be insanely good in a few years!
15 hrs · Like

Cass Taylor Great stuff boys!
13 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett Watching video and pausing as I comment: belly laughs the first string! I remember RECENTLY seeing Nathans first ripwalk. now he is doing GOOD tricks in and out of ripwalk midstring? this isn't new to me because I follow his game, but still, I'm still impressed. So many great links in here that I now am inspired to GET. This will be a new idea generating video for me to turn to. New respect for reverse swirling and swirling tricks... PERFECT revup out of seemingly nowhere... Twirls Loved how Nathan got so close to the chair and so close to the doorway and keeps going, it shows control in my opinion. This video makes me say "oh wow!" out loud. Earlier this summer, I think I dreamed about playing footbag with Nick in that shred basement or somewhere strangely similar, but it was wintertime in the dream. I noticed the Paradox Torque to spun blink, and in the same string, looks like he was going for rubberman but maybe changed his mind to swirlymajiggz. I said "HAwwwwww" in awe at your last swirling set. This is not just a filler video because someone had to bail.
13 hrs · Like

Adam Keith Great stuff from both of you. Nathan my one piece of advice, learn from Nick how to hold those delays for so long, it looks like you're rushing them a bit and you have someone with beautifully deep delays to learn from.
11 hrs · Like

Paul Gressett This is the most wonderful time of the year, because so much content comes out to keep me playing footbag with you all by proxy through these vids. I'm sure there are many who feel this way, I'm just speaking for myself. MUCH APPRECIATION!
9 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Derek Littlefield LOVE Ianek's way of thinking. Good shizz Nick, almost thought you had forgot about Flapper. And that length, noice. More Bonslaver! I yelled out loud at a couple of his runs.
8 hrs · Like

Nick Polini Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone. People have actually told me that my style used to be "hard to watch", so to hear stuff like "beautifully deep delays" and whatnot... that was really awesome. Thanks so much. Getting chomping on Day 7 now!
2 mins · Like
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Dec 2014 20:57

'Ello, mates! St. Nick bringin' you another wicked awesome video gift pack. Do you like themes? I love themes! Themes rule! THEMES! This one is special and theme'y! Originally, this was Dan's day. But then Wiktor randomly submitted some cool back up footage and I thought one went well with the other so I threw them together and you get 2 videos today.. Awwww yeahhhh, theeeeemes. Today, you get a heaping helping of exotic scenery & footbag. Theme theme theme.

Dan's video was filmed around his home in Australia with some really cool aussie-land footage and Wiktor's was filmed on a trip to Turkey with some sweet Turkish landscape and Turkish music to boot! Two totally different places, but the go nicely together. THEMES!

Enjoy them, won't you?

Dan Boyle:
Wiktor Debski: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Link of the Day

This one makes me yawn every time I watch it. Let me know if it made you yawn. Not out of boredom, however.. you'll see. As for the link.. Fun link! Try it. It flows really nicely and just feels quite good to stick.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 06 Dec 2014 21:27

This was such a great group of videos. Thank you to all that took part. I've already bookmarked them both!
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 07 Dec 2014 00:53

Really enjoyed the contributions from Dan and Wiktor. Both videos had great shred with a strong feeling of environment.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 07 Dec 2014 01:55

That was great stuff from Wiktor, went along so well with the music. Happy to be involved this year :)

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 07 Dec 2014 04:15

I like the theme! Dan, we did same vibe! Take care.
Wiktor Debski

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Dec 2014 18:02

Really nice vibes and locations in Day 7 videos. I laughed pretty hard at the ending of Wiktors...I wonder if he was aiming for him?