2015 Joulukalenteri

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: 2015 Joulukalenteri

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Dec 2015 22:18

I obviously haven't watched School Daze yet, but I'm excited to do that tomorrow. I love that they will be part of the calendar.

I absolutely love Illya and Andrey's Funny Footbag moments. Really great that laughter seems to come naturally for them. Great duo footbag comedy team. My favorites were Andrey losing all hope on life and footbag combined and when he hides behind the pillar and Illya punching the wire and his Furious Pickup mockery. I really hope these 2 do more of this business in the future.

Great Day 3! Thanks again Dan and Allan. Also thanks to Erik, Illya, and Andrey. Very satisfied.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 03 Dec 2015 17:52

Here is Day 4 of the calendar!

After being injured at Worlds, I wasn't expecting anything from Aleksi Airinen in this calendar, but he has given this footage from a couple of years back. "Marine Technology".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pr_IFINrNU[/youtube]

We hope to see Aleksi get back to the form that took him to be a multiple time finalist at the World Championships, as well as taking out the World title in Shred 30.

It was great to see such a positive response when Aleksi posted an update on his injury recovery, so here's a "get well soon greeting".

Thanks once again to all who have watched the videos so far, and especially to everyone involved in the creation of the calendar.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 03 Dec 2015 18:49

All of these videos have been really good so far! Thank you to all of you!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 03 Dec 2015 22:55

Kind of sad to see Lauri not shred in the video :D but aleksi was as entertaining as always! Hope he fully recovers so we can have more of these!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2015 06:19

I ended up watching this last night, then passing out immediately afterward.

Cool video. The Pdx Whilring Swirl drill at the end was certainly the highlight for me.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 04 Dec 2015 18:55

Here is Day 5 and it's me, your host.

This is from a recent trip down to my hometown in Bega. Most of it I actually filmed while I was waiting for something to get fixed in the car, which gives it that industrial look. Bega is the home of a quite famous cheese factory, so some of it is filmed there.
Thanks to everyone for watching so far, still plenty of great stuff to come. It's only early days.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Dec 2015 21:32

Nice job covering that spot up. I know you weren't originally supposed to cover today's spot, but nice work on filling in the gap. I had to do it a few times last year when people dropped out last minute. It can get frustrating and stressful, but it looks like you've got it under control. Just expect the unexpected.

Great video, man. Cool spots throughout. Really liked Swifter> Spinning Osis. Lots of nice links in there. Extra props for playing on the dirt and grasses so smoothly. I would have twisted my ankle :P

Great job managing the calendar. I know it's appreciated by a lot of people but it's nice to hear that in a comment sometimes. So really, thanks. Keep up the good work.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 04 Dec 2015 22:15

I actually had planned on making a video of that before the calendar, but didn't really think I had enough footage to put something together (/totally forgot about it). There's a few other projects that I've had half finished, so it's a nice excuse for a kick up the bum to get them finished off.

Nothing much you can do in regards to the videos not getting submitted, it's all a part of the process. Let's just say the less you see of me for the rest, the better! Though I'm sure I will make a couple more appearances. I like playing on rough surfaces sometimes, it doesn't have to all be perfect all the time. There was something about that in the Vasek manual.

Happy seeing some of these videos and even just getting to get in a good chat with so many players from around the world. We're a long way from the action here so it's been good to touch base with so many people.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 05 Dec 2015 09:42

Nick said the two things that I was going to comment on while I watched the video. Swifter! That is a dream trick of mine. Props. and I was also going to say nice job playing in the grass. That's hard for me to do, but you can def pull it off! Great vids so far. I loved the vibe of alexi's vid. The combo of the music and spaces was cool

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 05 Dec 2015 14:30

Thanks again, very happy to get swifter on video. I've hit it a fair few times before, but I think that might have been the first time on video.

On to Day 6 and we have a behind the scenes look at the organisation of Worlds thanks to Asmus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK5kZEdJK5Y[/youtube]

There's plenty of shred action in there too so make sure to check it out. Thanks to the Danish crew for a great Worlds this year.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Dec 2015 22:15

That was a fun video. The fake animated bag in the beginning was great! Really cool vibe to the whole thing. It screamed "I was there!", even though I wasnt. Thanks for giving us something to look forward to every night, Dan. And thanks to Asmus and Jan for this footage.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Allan

Post by Allan » 06 Dec 2015 11:12

Tearing day 6 up! Amazing edit. Jaw-dropping Jim. Superb variety and way fun pace.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 06 Dec 2015 14:08

So many great videos coming out of the calendar already.

Matthias is a mad man. 39 contacts of rubber, Big apple sauce, Forklift, Crossbody toe stepping ducking rake!!

I started to watch the Narooma jam video the night it came out. I made it 14 seconds in before having to watch Void>Diving Swirl 5 times. I knew then that this was a video I would need far more than ten minutes to watch thoroughly. Whirr>Stepping SS Grifter (footed) was crazy. Bedwetter>Smoke>Tombstone>Infinity Swirl>Blurry Drifter was my favorite combo in there.

I haven't finished Skool Daze yet. Being such a newcomer to the community can sometimes makes me feel like I missed out on a lot of the history of footbag. I'm excited that we get to see a piece of that in the calendar.

Aleksi has been one of my favorite players from the beginning. I remember watching Berlin Sessions XI - Birthday Drills a couple of weeks after I found freestyle. I probably spent forty minutes trying to hit my first drifter after that. Was so bummed to hear about the Achilles injury, but seeing how positive he has been since is more inspiration in itself. This years video did not disappoint.

Dan, Liked the editing and feel of your video. Playing in grass, dirt, is always nice to see after 100 videos on concrete and gym floors. Great job on the Sportslashlife articles for each day, getting a small story/article to go along with the videos has been a real pleasure. Swifter>spinning osis is a sweet link and Backside Alpine Blur was sick too.

The behind the scenes worlds video was really nice, not a ton of shred, but definitely a different feel. Like Polini said, almost makes you feel like you were there. Good job on hosting and editing Asmus
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 Dec 2015 14:57

Thanks for all the comments Kyle, makes it feel really worthwhile when you get such an in-depth look at how people are watching the videos. I thought the same thing with getting a bit of footage on the rough surfaces, nice to have a little change from concrete or the gym floor.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 Dec 2015 15:07

Here we have Day 7 of the Joulukalenteri thanks to Wiktor Debski.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hagE3PWv6Ys[/youtube]

Wiktor, who is the current Executive Director of the IFPA and has been heavily involved in the organisation of the last few World Championships, has given a bit of an intro for his video, which makes it even easier for me.

"Over the last years I became quite a serious footbag net player, but I still think that freestyle is awesome. Although It’s hard to play both sports, I still try to push my freestyle game forward.

After having a serious surgery in February, I’m lucky to play again on this level.

The video was shot in brand new office park on very cold day in late November 2015.
Shred on!"

So thanks to Wiktor for the video for today, and thanks to everyone for watching the videos so far. Still plenty more to come and lots to look forward to.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 06 Dec 2015 15:13

Wiktor!

Great to see Wiktor still busting. Has he been working out as well?

Awesome stuff.
TJ Boutorwick

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Dec 2015 00:03

Thanks for the nice words guys!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 07 Dec 2015 18:08

Thanks to everyone for watching so far, we're up to to day 8. And here we have another contribution from Mads Hole, who has released a lot of awesome videos this year.

This is one of Evan Gatesman from Worlds, enjoy. I think neither the video maker or the player need much of an introduction, they are both some of the best in the business.

You need a password to access the video, it's taishimovedbygatesman which is also the name of the video.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 08 Dec 2015 13:16

Evan is such a machine.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 08 Dec 2015 14:09

Precision-asaurus Rex. Great video, great view of the back of Taishi. Thank you! I am really enjoying all of these videos.
TJ Boutorwick