Joulukalenteri 2018

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Joulukalenteri 2018

Post by Ryan_Morris » 17 Dec 2018 12:57

Joulukalenteri Day 16: Matthew Kemmer presents "O Reverse Swirl"

The video isn't on YouTube yet. I will update this post when it is.

From Matt: "I've wanted to combine my passion for footbag and my passion for piano for some time now. This is my first attempt at doing so, and the editing came out to be accidentally interesting. While helping me get started with the editing program and playing around with effects, Ivan and I stumbled onto setting the footbag shots in black and white while leaving the piano in color, which created a nostalgic and contemplative feeling. It's goofy, but I like the way it came out. The shred itself is taken from 90 minute session going for interesting rev swirl links. Hope you enjoy!"
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 17 Dec 2018 12:57

Joulukalenteri Day 17: Nick Landes presents "Superstyle"

From Nick: "Every year I try to make a Joulu video, but I have missed a few years here and there. Mostly what I see is a lot of shred, which I appreciate, but I have been trying to branch off a bit from that type of video. Last time I made a video (quantumplative) was for Joulu, and I did a recap of my life and where I was at, and this video is more centered on my growth as a freestyler. Since my last video, I have been taking a fair amount of down time from footbag, taking time to cultivate a career in massage therapy and help my fiance with her physical recovery. I have recently been hired for a position at The Grove Fitness Center, and I have to say I couldn’t be happier. In between clients I have full use of the gym, the hot tub, and a great room to do yoga or shred. I have only been back in training for the last month or so, and mostly to film this video. This video has given me motivation to keep progressing and to try new stuff. I didn’t want to be assumptive and believe that I invented any of these tricks, but I was am excited about some of the eclipse variations because I haven’t seen them before, especially the “dex into eclipse” tricks, which I would like to name if no one has done them before. Either way, thanks for watching, I hope you enjoy."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 06:06

Well, it looks like posts got deleted and are not coming back. I'll do my best to re-post the old stuff and upload the new stuff today.
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:13

Joulukalenteri Day 18, Part 1 of 2: Mikko Lepistö

From Mikko: "I had had a break from footbag before we had a trip to meet friends where we spontaneously made this film with Juho. I did not feel good about it right away - the shred was a struggle - but now 10 years after it's time to look back and see it as a good memory and all right shred."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:16

Joulukalenteri Day 18, Part 2 of 2: Paweł Nowak presents "Freestyle Christmas"

Need motivation to practice this holiday season? Paweł would like to tell you all, "Never give up on the way to your goals."

This video isn't on YouTube yet. I'll try to get it up there as soon as possible!
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:17

Joulukalenteri Day 19: Jakub Mościszewski presents "8 Years of Footbag"

Enough said.

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:18

Joulukalenteri Day 20: Zach Forth presents "Drop Hard"

From Zach: "Hello footbaggers. Well I wanted to do something different. I actually have no idea what to say. One night can I see Derek and I believe even Ryan through Facebook Messenger were throwing around some ideas for a footbag video somehow making use of face swapping software and well we came up with this, hope you enjoy."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:18

Joulukalenteri Day 21, Part 1 of 2: Sergio Garcia with Anton Britting and Johnny Breakdown Johnny 'Breakdown' Sarah

From Sergio: "Footbag is not only crazy skills and insane tricks, but also a loving community behind. Maybe because we share the same passion for something so difficult, footbaggers usually came a long with other footbaggers That is what makes this community so big.
"I met Johnny and Anton in Paris 2014. We were intermediate players that year and only played together in a circle the last day. I remember playing with many big names in Paris but I didn´t enjoy a circle so much as I did the first time I played with Anton and Johnny. We had exactly the same level (different tricks and styles, but at the very same level). This joy made us create a facebook group in order to push ourselves from the distance with numerous challenges trying to beat the others in a future event.
"4 years after Paris we have met every year in 3 more world championships and some trips and I am happy to see that we still are in the same level.
I´m thankful to have them supporting me and hope that the rest of the people of this community have an Anton or a Johnny that makes them kick asses in every footbag session."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:19

Joulukalenteri Day 21, Part 2 of 2: Chris Dean with Gordon Bevier and Jake Wren

Yes this was supposed to come out a day ago. Better late than never, eh?

From Chris: "Here are highlights from our latest few sessions in Portland"

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:20

Joulukalenteri Day 22: Rafał Kaleta presents "Christmas Market and Footbag" with Paweł Nowak

From Rafał: "There is Paweł Nowak with his girlfriend Kasia and me and my wife Aleksandra. This video is from our trip to Wrocław for Christmas Market."

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:21

Joulukalenteri Day 23: Jim Penske and Skyler Lon Smith in "an Average Week"

After I offered to edit a video for these guys, Jim messaged me saying, "We had a session last night I think I hit enough stuff for a Xmas vid." Let that sink in. Skyler ended up sending me a few sessions of footage, and cutting it down to 4.5 minutes was not easy. Anyway, here they are at their most...average :wink:

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:23

Joulukalenteri Day 24, Part 1 of 2: Ethan Red Husted presents Skyler Lon Smith in "Stranger Strings"

Because the world needs more Lon.

Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 08:25

Joulukalenteri Day 24, Part 2 of 2: Ethan Red Husted presents Evan Gatesman in "The Last Hurrah"

Who's cutting onions?

Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 24 Dec 2018 14:23

Holy fuck.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 24 Dec 2018 20:42

Yeah...
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 25 Dec 2018 04:13

Joulukalenteri Day 24 + 1: "Blue Dexmas"

Oh you thought this shit was over? Nope, you are being subjected to another of my hair-brained creations. Merry Dexmas and a happy New Years Jam!

Last edited by Ryan_Morris on 25 Dec 2018 04:20, edited 2 times in total.
Ryan Morris

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 25 Dec 2018 04:13

A huge thank you to everyone who made a video for the Joulukalenteri this year!! Everybody had amazing things to share :) I had a great time editing videos and coordinating the calendar, and I'm happy to have kept this tradition alive one more year.
Ryan Morris

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 25 Dec 2018 14:35

Thanks so much for this, Ryan! What a treat! Can't wait until I get to shred with youse again!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 27 Dec 2018 03:47

Thanks for hosting the calendar Ryan, it really gives a good impression of where the sport is at and how it changes every year.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 28 Dec 2018 15:03

Really enjoyed the calendar this year. A great variety of styles and places around the world. Such a cool concept and can't wait for next year's edition.