Michigan NYJ 2019

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Dio
BSOS Beast

Michigan NYJ 2019

Post by Dio » 06 Jan 2019 14:56

Thanks to the Michigan crew for a fantastic footbag weekend and for celebrating New Years together! The venue was especially amazing for this event - even though it was located outside of Detroit, the gym featured excellent lighting, ventilation, spectating, water/washrooms and the perfect floor for shred. Battles and request were a nice changeup from casual play and I think most people were happy with the balance. Having a space for footbag net was a great idea and everyone appreciated the food and music. Oh and I loved the custom trophies made by Zach :D

I really had a great time at this jam and was happy to see everyone! It was my first time filming; I learned you can be just as self-conscious operating a camera as you are playing in front of it. I'm still very happy with how these turned out, even though I filmed for such a brief period of the weekend. Enjoy 8)

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Re: Michigan NYJ 2019

Post by Tjuggles » 07 Jan 2019 01:15

Awesome, great to see the footage. Thanks for that!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 08 Jan 2019 12:47

Thanks for the videos Dante! I really wanted to go this year, but didn't want to risk it since I was dubiously injured. Now I can experience it vicariously through your clips.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 08 Jan 2019 19:37

SlashC wrote:
08 Jan 2019 12:47
Thanks for the videos Dante! I really wanted to go this year, but didn't want to risk it since I was dubiously injured. Now I can experience it vicariously through your clips.
How did you get injured dubiously?
TJ Boutorwick

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 10 Jan 2019 00:24

Tjuggles wrote:
08 Jan 2019 19:37
I have an intermittent injury in my left leg where I get tendonitis that kind of jumps around between the ankle and knee. I'll get a particular joint strengthened through rehab and it will feel really good, but then I will play a bit too much or too hard and then it comes back or jumps to a different joint. This happened while I was at the DLO jam this year where I was able to play well the first day, but then couldn't really play at all the second day and then some how I was able to play again on the third day. I have been hesitant to go to more jams until it is fully healed because my chances of re-injuring seem to be higher when I am playing in new environments. This latest round of physio is focusing on strengthening all the muscles/joints concurrently, so I'm hoping this will allow me to finally get back to playing unimpeded.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 11 Jan 2019 02:34

SlashC wrote:
10 Jan 2019 00:24
Tjuggles wrote:
08 Jan 2019 19:37
I have an intermittent injury in my left leg where I get tendonitis that kind of jumps around between the ankle and knee. I'll get a particular joint strengthened through rehab and it will feel really good, but then I will play a bit too much or too hard and then it comes back or jumps to a different joint. This happened while I was at the DLO jam this year where I was able to play well the first day, but then couldn't really play at all the second day and then some how I was able to play again on the third day. I have been hesitant to go to more jams until it is fully healed because my chances of re-injuring seem to be higher when I am playing in new environments. This latest round of physio is focusing on strengthening all the muscles/joints concurrently, so I'm hoping this will allow me to finally get back to playing unimpeded.
Shitty, but at least it will heal. I have been really lucky with injuries.
TJ Boutorwick