Quantum 1234

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Quantum 1234

Post by SlashC » 23 Aug 2023 08:12

Check out my new video with a historic retrospective of the shoes I've played in since 2004! Also, a big shout out to Dexter Struz and Planetfootbag for their efforts on the Quantum shoe project and to World Footbag and Freedom Footbags for helping to distribute them in North America. Thanks to them I have enough kicks to last for many years to come.

Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

boyle
Post Master General

Re: Quantum 1234

Post by boyle » 24 Aug 2023 02:07

That was a fun watch. How many pairs of the Q3s did it take to last 13 or so years? Those ones generally break really easily. I like the look of the green ones. I have the blue ones.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 24 Aug 2023 05:07

Loved this!

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 25 Aug 2023 06:53

boyle wrote:
24 Aug 2023 02:07
That was a fun watch. How many pairs of the Q3s did it take to last 13 or so years? Those ones generally break really easily. I like the look of the green ones. I have the blue ones.
I had 6 pairs of Q3s total (2 from the original batch and then 4 additional ones when planetfootbag was clearing out). I think I am averaging about 2-3 years per pair and I still have one unworn pair left. Near the beginning I was still playing about 3-4 times per week, and then in the late 2010s that went down to twice per week and then in the last 3 years more like once a week so they keep lasting longer and longer (mostly playing indoors on carpet except for outdoor jams/street performing). About half the pairs could be considered retired and the other half are still in playable form. I have transitioned to having an "outdoor pair" and an "indoor pair" because I find this makes the shoes last longer. I also do lots of repairs to the uppers including preventative bandaids on the inside of the fabric in high stress areas, stitching the fabric back to the sole after it eventually tears, and I even did a re-soling on one of my outdoor pairs.

The colored pairs of Q4's are really nice! I was going to get a blue pair, but then the green pair was ready faster, so I went for that.
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"