Finally some New Zealand video

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Finally some New Zealand video

Post by HackyRichard » 19 Jul 2004 10:14

Hey all,

After having a slight disagreement with the file uploading on .org (upload was about 80% done and then it screwed up somehow) I've managed to put up a vid of a local Palmy session.

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/-2879
I'm a little video

It's a little on the large side at 30.97 MB, but I'm all about good image quality and I think it's worth a bigger file size.

Anyway hope you enjoy it, any comments/feelings/observations etc etc post em up.

This video came about because Liam wanted to have current video of himself (and NZ shred in general) on the web, and it's with his constant checking up on me that it finally got made. He also choose the music track, as I'm not very good with choosing the right music yet :roll:

The track is by a kiwi artist; MC Tali - Lyric On My Lip

UPDATED: Here's part two, 22.89 MB, Track is J5 - High Fidelity

Back for more

3 days to worlds :twisted:
Last edited by HackyRichard on 19 Jul 2004 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Pearce

Liam
Multidex Master

Post by Liam » 19 Jul 2004 13:36

I haven't seen it yet... downloading. Feedback, please!
Liam Johnston

Palmy rules still apply

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 19 Jul 2004 14:29

Props to everyone that appeared in the vid, special props to Liam for being on a higher level of shred. Light on your toes, a variety of sets, difficult moves mid-string, good string length, and i loved watching every string, which is the most important ! Keep'em coming, are all of you coming to Worlds ?
More C4 please <3

Matt Ketis-Bendena
Circle Kicker

Post by Matt Ketis-Bendena » 19 Jul 2004 14:39

that was awsome i especially liked the atomic whirls. Phat!
Matt K.B.

Liam
Multidex Master

Post by Liam » 19 Jul 2004 14:44

Thanks guys.
Only guy from Palmerston North going to worlds is Mr HackyRichard, one of 3 NZers. The others are Floyd (who has a bung knee and can't kick as far as I know :( ) and Johnny Murphy... who will be tearing it up.
Liam Johnston

Palmy rules still apply

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 19 Jul 2004 16:11

Great stuff guys... Can't wait to see some more.
Aric McIntosh

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jul 2004 19:52

Good shit guys! I`m so happy to see Liam healthy and shredding again. Atomic whirl-vortex was excellent. I also really liked the rubberman. Spink: nice stuff man!

Hopefully I`ll shred with you all in December or January, so keep up the good shred and thanks for the video!

Some small gripes: the editing sometimes cut out the first move of runs, especially with Liam. Also, handheld footage would be nice, but if its a choice between tripod footage and no footage, I`ll gladly take the tripod.

Liam
Multidex Master

Post by Liam » 19 Jul 2004 20:04

Thanks Ken :)
Just wait for the rest. Part two of that session will be up soon, then hopefully footage from the shred on Sunday in the next day or two, which was a better shred I think. It'll all be tripod stuff still.. sorry.
Liam Johnston

Palmy rules still apply

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 19 Jul 2004 20:14

Some small gripes: the editing sometimes cut out the first move of runs, especially with Liam. Also, handheld footage would be nice, but if its a choice between tripod footage and no footage, I`ll gladly take the tripod.
Yeah my new technique is "screw the damn transition effects", sadly by the time I'd started editing and noticed these screw ups we'd already reused the tapes on another session (that's another video). At least Liam had the foresight to hit fairy same whirling swirl more than once, almost like he knew I'd cut something off ;)

Oh and that's no tripod that's our patented camera resting on a stool setup, kinda hard when everyone wants to shred. You can take my tripod if you like but I'll need it back thank you :P

I'm uploading the second video as I type ...
Richard Pearce

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 19 Jul 2004 23:58

awesomeness guys, ur all looking good
esp atomic whirl>vortex, fairy ss whirling swirl, and spinks pixie whirl that was nice
cool beats too

getting pt 2 now hehe
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Liam
Multidex Master

Post by Liam » 20 Jul 2004 00:00

Chopper wrote:awesomeness guys, ur all looking good
esp atomic whirl>vortex, fairy ss whirling swirl, and spinks pixie whirl that was nice
cool beats too
Did you notice Spink's pixie whirl was bsos?? That was sick. Thanks for kind words.
Liam Johnston

Palmy rules still apply

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 20 Jul 2004 00:02

Nice video guys!

Liam, you make fume look so easy. You should also hit fairy (same side) symple swirl without planting the fairy leg until after you start the symple swirl dex.
Mike Hansen

Liam
Multidex Master

Post by Liam » 20 Jul 2004 00:09

You mean sort of like phasing nothing, with a delayed swirl? I think I've hit this... not certain, doesn't sound too hard though. What's fume? Fairy something I guess. Fairy drifter?
Liam Johnston

Palmy rules still apply

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 20 Jul 2004 00:13

Yeah, fume is fairy drifter.

The fairy symple swirl would be like fairy dex, pause (with fairy leg hanging in the air), and then symple swirl.
Mike Hansen

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 20 Jul 2004 09:56

Ooh that Fairy ss whirling swirl looked soo awesome. Excellent spinning
stuff, nice runs, and lots creativity in your move selection. You rock, Liam!

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 20 Jul 2004 10:06

yeah i couldnt think of why i liked liams strings so much but i it was def the variety...u guys are lucky to have three awesome guys to kick with. I kick with myself almost all the time, and i'm guessing there wont be anyone in tyler , tx :roll:

thanks for the vid
Ryan Thomas

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 20 Jul 2004 17:24

It's a real shame that Liam went and munted his left knee before Xmas last year, that's kinda put the stops on any whirling and double down moves on that side for a very long time, although he still busts insane without those moves :D
Richard Pearce