Montreal Worlds 04 vid

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Jas
Shredaholic

Montreal Worlds 04 vid

Post by Jas » 19 Sep 2004 22:18

hey guys found this on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 34939&rd=1
looks pretty sweet, dont know when it came out.
So quickly grab a copy someone and tell us how it is!
Jason Po

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 19 Sep 2004 22:36

It sounds like it's from Monsterhack to me - most likely from Eric Windsor going by the user name - I think psykick is his email address.

It's a bit of a worry that at an IFPA event nobody will give the footage of the routines and shred to the IFPA so they can put it up on the website - there are now two people selling videos apparantly with the finals on them and they still haven't been given to the IFPA.

I think next year it might be wise to say that any filming that occurs at the competition venue has to have IFPA permission before it can be sold - so they can ask for the rountines to put on footbag.org before allowing people to sell it.

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 19 Sep 2004 22:51

It's a bit of a worry that at an IFPA event nobody will give the footage of the routines and shred to the IFPA so they can put it up on the website - there are now two people selling videos apparantly with the finals on them and they still haven't been given to the IFPA.
That's being worked on, just taking some time on my end to sort some compression crap out, but it will be happening soon
Richard Pearce

pillar
Shredaholic

Post by pillar » 20 Sep 2004 01:41

That's being worked on, just taking some time on my end to sort some compression crap out, but it will be happening soon
The same here. They will become available, when the work is done.
Juha Linnanen

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 20 Sep 2004 09:15

Jeremy wrote:there are now two people selling videos apparantly with the finals on them and they still haven't been given to the IFPA.
Nor to the players featured on the tapes.
This is a perfect example to refer to the previous thread entitled "Ask Permission?"......
I can't speak for the other players on these tapes that are being SOLD, but no one notified me or asked my permission to include my routine on a tape that they were going to sell. No one contacted me offering me at least a copy of the tape.
After that entire thread discussing this issue it's hard not to feel jacked, so
can anyone confirm who is selling these tapes??
Peter Irish

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 20 Sep 2004 09:17

Seller's payment instructions & return policy:
I prefer Pay-Pal Payments, but am willing to accept a Cashiers Check, or Money Order. Please send and make Payment Payable To: Eric Windsor 3835 Artesia Blvd. Apt. L Torrance, CA 90504 Send pay-pal payments to user: store@monsterhack.com. Discount offered on combined shipping. Internation shipping extra, please email shipping questions to store@monsterhack.com.
Theodore Anderson

flash
Shredalicious

Post by flash » 20 Sep 2004 16:27

I'm with Pete on this one. Nobody informed of my inclusion, and I *still* have not seen my world's routine. Now people (friends, even?) are selling videos with it included. I guess you could say I have a problem with that.
Gordon Scott Bevier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 20 Sep 2004 17:15

Maybe I should buy it and release it on the net
It's not much investing 10$ and some video importing time to teach this guy good manners

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 20 Sep 2004 17:35

i hate myself
Ryan Thomas

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 20 Sep 2004 19:08

ryan, man, don't stress it. it's gonna be oooookay.
A.G.

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 20 Sep 2004 19:12

Don't be so hard on yourself Ryan, your still a good man in my book. You just have a different opinion then others. In my opinion I wouldn't mind at all, wheher the video was being sold or posted for free. I understand everyone else's opinions they're all justified, but its just not my opinion.
Aric McIntosh

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 25 Oct 2004 11:40

I own this video. Eric sent it along with Just Shred 2. I ordered Just Shred II and I guess due to some confusion witht he order he just sent the worlds video as a freebie. It looks really good so far. I've wacthed about 20 minutes of it. It has the top 10 finals routines and top 3 womens routines. . .that's all I know for now. I'll give an update after I wacthed the rest.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 25 Oct 2004 11:54

hey ryan... just goes to show you that even when you do things with the best intentions and work hard and put a lot of your self and your time into it, it's still liable to be misinterpreted or misunderstood. And sometimes it affects people in a way you don't expect. You did the community a service by putting that DVD out. Don't get down about it, maybe just be extra careful about permission and taking a list of who gets freebies next time.

I feel really bad seeing you feeling regretful or guilty about what you did. I don't think anyone's questioning that you're a good guy with the best intentions for the community. Widely-released homebrew footbag videos are kind of a new thing, we're still figuring out the territory, so there's gonna be some bumps here and there. But you did a good thing, and I applaud you for it. Try to remember, a lot of this discussion is in the theory of the act, and not directed at you.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 25 Oct 2004 12:15

I believe most of THIS discussion was directed at Eric and not Ryan at all. And I really don't think either of them should feel bad about putting out worlds footage before anyone else. I'm not into all the stuff about permission and all that jazz though.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Oct 2004 17:08

sen wrote: I'm not into all the stuff about permission and all that jazz though.
Maybe that will change once people start using YOUR image without your permission, or start making money of YOUR shred without your permission.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 25 Oct 2004 19:02

I just dont understand all of this commotion about one's image being used without permission. I realize that in many cases, our "best" moments are not those displayed on video, but for the most part, whats wrong with releasing some online footage of people at a comp without asking?

I know I'm in the minority and I'l probably be harassed for this but . . .

if you really don't want other people using your image, make a public statement to the footbag community saying that: you are uncomfortable with the way that people have used your image in the past and that you prefer not to be taped at all, even by people that you know, unless given explicit permission that such taping is allowed. You say: "well I shouldnt have to do that. My provacy is not being respected" I say: You're right, your privacy is not being respected. So you better make people respect it, but not by asking for a copy of the tape.

I would say that people should be given royalties for having "appearances" on vids, but hey, no frikkin person EVER has made money from selling a footbag video tape. So why would you want to make the seller give you a free copy when you already know they're losing money??

If you don't want to be taped, announce it publicly, let it be known. If you dont mind though, allow people to tape you and use your image to support and spread the word of footbag to the masses.

thats just my opinion.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Oct 2004 19:10

Senor Grommet wrote:I just dont understand all of this commotion about one's image being used without permission. I realize that in many cases, our "best" moments are not those displayed on video, but for the most part, whats wrong with releasing some online footage of people at a comp without asking?.
That`s also an interesting question, but thats not the point of this thread.

Point of this thread: Eric is selling a video without permission from the players. Whether the players are comfortable with their level of shred on the video, or if they are uncomfortable being filmed... these are both valid questions, but not the point of the thread. The point is, their likeness is being sold without their permission.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Oct 2004 06:43

C-Fan wrote:
sen wrote: I'm not into all the stuff about permission and all that jazz though.
Maybe that will change once people start using YOUR image without your permission, or start making money of YOUR shred without your permission.
I'm sure my position would change, and that's just my point- I don't care if someone would film me and I'm not at a point where I can really comment on that. I don't know the rules because I niether film nor be filmed. I just like to see footage!

THE VIDEO: This video has the top 10 Open Freestyle Routines, the Top 3 Women's Routines, the Top 10 30 Second Shred, and the Winning Doubles Routine. . .at least think they won, I forget. . .Vasek and Honza.

Juana
BSOS Beast

Post by Juana » 26 Oct 2004 12:19

Permission is necessary.

If the top 3 women's routines are from Finals, then Carol would have told the producer, distributer, seller, whomever, NOT to include her finals routine. It is not her best, she is not proud of it, and cares not to have it out there -- this is why I never posted her finals routine that Evan Lovely put together for me and is also on Freedom Footbags website. (sorry Evan, thanks for your hard work...never got around to telling you why I didn't put it up on Shreditas.com) Carol specifically asked me not to put her finals routine up on the site if anyone sent it to me.

On the otherhand...if it is simply sports coverage of competition at a championship event, maybe those on stage should assume they will be appearing in various forms of media with or without consent. If players feel so strongly about this, then perhaps IFPA should have a waiver that registered players sign which explicitly states they will be filmed and photographed and they have no personal rights to this. just a thought. Do network news channels ask for permission when they show footage of people - no, certainly not always. and that takes us back to the other thread topic...

I don't know where I stand, but Windsor knows what Pete, Carol and others would appreciate with regards to this, so I'm kind of surprised he didn't ask first. :?:
Jane Zerbe
RCS

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 26 Oct 2004 13:16

Juana wrote: If players feel so strongly about this, then perhaps IFPA should have a waiver that registered players sign which explicitly states they will be filmed and photographed and they have no personal rights to this.
I could be wrong, but I thought there was some agreement that had to be signed saying a player could be filmed or whatnot during the competition and the tournament reserves all rights to use that footage or something of the like... Maybe I just imagined it?
Cole Hobson