Made in Montana Vasek Video

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
TwistedTorque
Fearless

Made in Montana Vasek Video

Post by TwistedTorque » 26 Oct 2004 21:35

FINALLY!
This video was ready 3 weeks ago. I had a ridiculous amount of encoding problems. But none the less, here it is. This isn't my official Worlds 04 release, just something that sounded fun to do and I put together. A lot of the dark and grainy footage is due to shred running late outside. So if you don't like the grainy clips, tell Vasek not to shred so hard at night. I fixed the Brightness/Contrast as much as I could.
Once again I thank Daryl for hosting my videos, which is why it should download fast.
Hope all you guys dig the vid. If you have any constructive criticism for me, please post or PM me.
If you really enjoy the video, then you should go to the Seattle Juggling & Footbag Festival. What do the video and SJFF have to do with one another? Nothing really, everybody should just go to SJFF! :D

Stand Alone
:wink:
Evan Lovely
Twitter
Personal Site
Sole Purpose Footbag Convert
Portland, OR

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 26 Oct 2004 21:57

vasek is awesome. i don't think there is alot more to be said about that. i really liked your cuts and slow mos, especially the slow mos at the end. gave me a chance to look at the combos again and really apreciate the difficulty of the links. i only hate the water droplet transition effect, but that's just a personal opinion. i really really really liked the scramble to take off the wide angle there. that was awesome! where was i when the juggling vs beat boxing battle was going down???

edit: oh yeah, atmosphere i awesome!
A.G.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 26 Oct 2004 22:15

Niiiiice! Sweet vid Evan, I'm so glad you got footage of that irish/vasek session, i was hoping someone was filming that haha, I want to blender.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 26 Oct 2004 22:18

Holy fucking shit!

That is the most impressed I have been after watching a shred video in a while.

I felt like the song fit with the shred SO well. The speed and flow were well matched.

Excellent, excellent movie.

And the only criticism I would have would be about using whatever transitions, but that is more because I am not much of a transition man myself.

So much of the movie was fucking mind blowing, that Vasek kid is getting pretty good eh?
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

LameR
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by LameR » 26 Oct 2004 22:18

Nicely done, awesome footage.
-connor campbell
prosers-pros of the posers-
I like my sugar with coffee and cream.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2004 22:21

Thanks for making the vid Evan!

I really liked how right before a big move in the middle of a string, you had that pause+ripple effect. It reminds me of in Street Fighter, how when you do a super move, the screen temporarily freezes and darkens as you gather your energy, and then the super move animates. :)

PS- for those who weren`t at worlds, the last combo on the video is the last combo Vasek hit in his routine during semifinals.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 26 Oct 2004 22:52

Yeah the ripple was SWEET!!! Very inspiring. It reminded me of the Matrix. Very smooth and original. Really smooth slowmotion. SICK SICK combos! I remember Derek raving over and over again about the food processor > spinning blender [repeat] combo when he got back from Worlds -- VERY cool to actually be able to see that!! Awesome footage, awesome slowmotion!
I have a little bit of constructive criticism. Before it finished downloading and I was reading your post I was all ready to whine about how the video wasn't long enough (before I knew how long it was). That's pretty unfair, but I find your videos, in general (CSS5 was a nice exception) are really really short and leave me wanting a LOT more. I was really excited when I saw this video is 6 minutes long!! But then it ended halfway through and the rest was beatboxing and lots of black. There was lots of shred especially for just one player but I was disappointed that only half of the video was shred. Just my whining. The shred was HARDCORE and I plan to watch it at least 5 more times before bed (which I just awoke from thinking about Jeff Lopes -- Jeff was so good!)

Video-wise it was really nice and the music fit really well (that kind of "FIT" where you don't even really "notice" the music, you know? Because it just all fits together really snug!) I want to stress, again, how COOL the ripple was!!!....Yell at me if you will, but I think that was the highlight for me >_____< Nice video, Evan! Are you working on a Worlds DVD?????

Finja
Circle Kicker

Post by Finja » 27 Oct 2004 00:08

Oh boy!

Vasek must be a hi-tech product of NASA or something;) He is literary taking this sport to another level. The video was nice. Especially I liked the slow-mo part and the music on it. Those things that bothered me on that video are commented already so I´m not gonna do that.

BTW you people who like same kind of music that is used on this video, you should definately check out www.ughh.com.

Keep up,

Jukka Peltola

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 27 Oct 2004 00:53

Wow, very cool video :) thats another one in the fantastic vasek footage folder :D

Btw, does anyone know if Vasek ever gets to read all these threads about him? I wonder what his responce would be lol

TwistedTorque
Fearless

Post by TwistedTorque » 27 Oct 2004 09:19

Erik Chan wrote:Nice video, Evan! Are you working on a Worlds DVD?????
Mentally...
Like I said this is NOT my official Worlds release. I am a full time plus student who keeps up a social life and a shred game. Plus I'm a yoga TA and I host an after school program for junior high kids to kick hack. :D
I would like to release a 30 min shred video (no routines, all lovely mixed shred vid) along with a bunch of routines and shreds (if its not to dark...) all on DVD.
I actually already have a DVD out. It has all of my released stuff, including this, with DVD quality. If you watched it all, you would be there for 1 hour 18 min (includes 20 min clip of worlds routines). I'm not trying to push it on the internet, but if any of you sent me $10 plus shipping ($12?) I would mail one to you. The University here funds all the blank DVDs to our club members. Hopefully, a skate shop around here will carry and display my DVD at the shop. The manager already said he would. He's down with the cause too, he was one of the sponsers of the 1st Annual Montana Freestyle Jam. (Any NorthWesterners, be sure to come to the 2nd Annual in April '05)

My DVD will be for sale at the Seattle Juggling & Footbag Festival for $10

PS Thanks for the positive response to my work. I like the ripple too, it makes me think Vasek taps into the Matrix before he hits a big move (or several)....or something....

PPS It Eyedea & Abilities not Atmosphere, although they are both in RhymeSayers and hang out a lot. They are on a lot of same songs together though. Just not this one.

Peace...
Evan Lovely
Twitter
Personal Site
Portland, OR

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 27 Oct 2004 09:26

Woah. More eye candy from Vaska. Nice vid, Evan! And another good
choice of music! (Thanks to you, I got into RJD2 and it's on heavy
rotation in my flat share). It's ridiculous how Vasek steps out of those
blenders. Like cake.

Another DVD Release from Worlds. I don't know if I like this or not.
Of course, much work is put into this, and there has already been
a debate over this with Ryan's DVD, BUT - there seems to be a trend
in making money out of shred footage. I've always enjoyed the
possibility of downloading all those fantabulous shred movies for free,
and this time one hardly got to see Worlds footage. Most of the
footage is being sold this time.

I think personally I'd never make money out of a shred video. If at all,
then just for the costs of a DVD-R and shipping (in case the video is
too big to upload). It's my form of giving back to the community what
they gave to me.

I'm in a big rambling mood today.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 27 Oct 2004 09:35

I dont see what the big issue is with buying footbag dvds??

I mean, people put alot of time andf effort to making edititied, profressional, videos, and everybody just wants to have them for free.

Its not like 10$ is going to break your budget. Stop smoking weed for a week, when you go get drunk drink 7 beers insted of 9-10, whatever, its easy to save up money by trimming down on leisures.

Why do you expect that people have to give videos to the "community" for free, anyway? Besides, Evan has already posted NUMEROUS free videos already.

Anyway, this might seem harsh, but it's my opinion.

ps: This video is great! I liked alot of the effects, and the beatboxing/pete juggling is VERY cool too! Its fun to re-see these things. Keep it up!
Nicholas Laroche

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 27 Oct 2004 09:51

You have a valid point, Laroche.

I do not force anyone to do like I would.
I'm probably just a little sad that the amount of footage from this years
world has been a bit disappointing (save for the wonderful videos from
Evan, which has to be said as well), especially when you compare it
to the amount of footage of world 2003.

Buying a DVD from the US to Europe IS an issue because shipping rates increase
highly, and the transport is often insecure (at least that's what I've
experience over the past). It's not the money that
bothers me. Also, with all the shipping, I'd be paying more for a 30min
DVD than for any other full-length DVD I get in the shops here.

Evan, I'm not trying to put you down or anything. For all the videos
you've put online so far, I appreciate you highly. I'm just in a strange
mood today and in fear of capitalism taking over our community :roll:

TwistedTorque
Fearless

Post by TwistedTorque » 27 Oct 2004 10:00

ebo wrote:Another DVD Release from Worlds. I don't know if I like this or not.
Of course, much work is put into this, and there has already been
a debate over this with Ryan's DVD, BUT - there seems to be a trend
in making money out of shred footage. I've always enjoyed the
possibility of downloading all those fantabulous shred movies for free,
and this time one hardly got to see Worlds footage. Most of the
footage is being sold this time.
I just want to be able to release HIGH QUALITY shred that is lenghty and can be watched on a TV. If you have ever edited video, then you know how much time it takes. If money was being made, then it would be $.003/hour.
ebo wrote:It's my form of giving back to the community what
they gave to me.
I love this community, that's why I've put so much out for free (30min of video, for Worlds, for free. 25min of which was released during worlds). I had people tell me that I shouldn't give my work out for free. But I argued against them telling them how much I love downloading the free videos. Footbag isn't about money. Everyone knows that. Vasek won 1st in EVERY SINGLE DISCIPLINE and took home $1200. Probably barely covered his flight out there...
Evan Lovely
Twitter
Personal Site
Portland, OR

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 27 Oct 2004 10:39

That was a good video, but as erik said, i was dissapointed that the last half was non shred. I wish that last half had gone to better quality.

Good video though, i enjoyed it. Thanks
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

TwistedTorque
Fearless

Post by TwistedTorque » 27 Oct 2004 11:15

Shredster wrote:That was a good video, but as erik said, i was dissapointed that the last half was non shred. I wish that last half had gone to better quality.

If the last half hadn't been there, it wouldn't of been longer. 3 1/2 min of shred or 6 min of shred and bonus features?
Sorry for the tease guys.
Evan Lovely
Twitter
Personal Site
Portland, OR

zmanzzzz
Circle Kicker

Post by zmanzzzz » 27 Oct 2004 11:34

best sack vid i have ever seen. keep up the good work.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 27 Oct 2004 12:12

Woah!

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 27 Oct 2004 12:19

zmanzzzz wrote:best sack vid
This isn't sack vid !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :( :( :( :? :? :?
This is FOOTBAG vid ...

I posted my comment on org...
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 27 Oct 2004 13:24

my god...... he is uncomparable to any other player. frikin amazing.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."