Moir - Session #5

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Apr 2005 10:56

Oh, its spelled threat :lol:

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 03 Apr 2005 12:14

Joredn, I am so impressed with your skills. You are an amazing shreddeer. but to all those who compare him to Vasek, think about this:

Could Vasek hit this combo:

janiwalker>janiwalker>blurry whirl>blurry whirl>blurriest>blurriest>mobius> mobius>tomahawk>tomahawk>symp whirling swirl>ps whirl>symp whirling swirl> ps whirl>handcatch>no problem?

I think he could, and I bet he could do it with 5-10 tries too. I doubt Jorder could do this. So in one sense, Vasek still has a lot jorden cant hit.

On the other hand, interms of move variety, creativity, Jorden might have the advantage. There is no doubt that Jorden is inventive and is pushing the game further. Do you think vasek could do the same if he wanted to? I do.

Again, not to take away from Jorden's game, which I think is absolutely top notch and super stylie (more than Vasek's), but Vasek is still better.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 03 Apr 2005 22:43

Assorted thoughts.

1. Thank you for constantly putting out sick videos to the public. The fact that this is the fifth free, long, varied video is something I really appreciate. If I had a camera I could probably churn out videos regularly, but no way could I turn out such variety, nevermind such difficulty, and every week no less. Thank you very much.

2. Alpine Kiwi looked clean to me. I dunno if it`s been hit before, but I think `Everest` would be a good name for it.

3. GS whirling swirl was a bit questionable on the whirl dex. I should watch it again, but it seemed thin/the. The duck on Montage in the last video was also really thin. Diving clippers are also still sometimes thin.

edit: rewatched it, and I don`t think the GS whirling swirl was there. There needs to be more spin initially to clear the first dex, imo.

4. I really appreciate all the pdx blenders you throw around. I especially like that you do both of them... it seems like 97% of shredders only do them on one side in their shreds. Zooming out of them is real tight too. Hey, I just thought of a combo: spinning pdx blender x2. Give it a try?

5. The whirr-blurry whirl repeat combo has nothing to do with Canadian health care. Didn`t Chad hit this combo at NZ nationals last year? Or was it blurry whirl -whirr repeat? Either way, Chad only subsides on Jack-in-the-Box, which is the opposite of Canadian Health Care, and I`m sure he could hit this combo.

6. The original surfaces stuff is excellent. Please throw them into your regular shred in circles at tournaments. Fuck adds.

7. The muted run made me actually laugh out loud. Booyah.

8. These videos have definitely lifted my opinion of Jorden`s game to the level of being one of my favorite shredders to watch. That said, I still think that nobody is at Vasek`s level yet.

9. That last combo was nice... but come on man! Can`t you hear it screaming: "repeat me!"

10. Have you hit ps bed? Cause that was a good look at it early on in the vid. Nasty stuff, nice work bro.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 04 Apr 2005 01:06

C-Fan wrote:2. Alpine Kiwi looked clean to me. I dunno if it`s been hit before, but I think `Everest` would be a good name for it.

5. The whirr-blurry whirl repeat combo has nothing to do with Canadian health care. Didn`t Chad hit this combo at NZ nationals last year? Or was it blurry whirl -whirr repeat? Either way, Chad only subsides on Jack-in-the-Box, which is the opposite of Canadian Health Care, and I`m sure he could hit this combo.
Hey Ken,

Mr Everest isnt even in NZ lol. I think its still the tallest mountain in the world and a NZ'er happened to be first to the top (Sir Edmund Hillary).

Yes Chad did indeed hit blurry whirl>whirr>blurry whirl>whirr at the 03 New Zealand nationals in wellington, and the crowd went wild :wink:

HackyRichard
BSOS Beast

Post by HackyRichard » 04 Apr 2005 05:34

Nic wrote:Mr Everest isnt even in NZ lol. I think its still the tallest mountain in the world and a NZ'er happened to be first to the top (Sir Edmund Hillary)
I'm pretty sure Ken knows, this along with the rest of the educated world :roll:

Chad did indeed hit blurry whirl>whirr repeat in NZ back in 04 (It was a year ago Nic :P ), but I'd have to question the last dex in the end whirr, from the camera angle I've got it doesn't quite look there, where as Jorden nailed everything solid so that gets a big 8O from me.

I'd like to see how many unusual 1 and 2 add moves you can throw into a run Jorden, I know there must be a million and one different ideas waiting to be unleashed from the confines of your skull, that's a double dare too mr :D

So many things that have just been amazing from all 5 videos, too many to list, keep on doing what you're doing it's workin great.

I'd also like to request some flapper/dragon/zoid moves. Have you tried reversing the last dex on torquescrew, that'd be cool to see too

I'll stop now, keep up the good work and video when you can get them out ( This coming from someone who has way too much footage that needs to be published, heh)

Peace
Richard Pearce

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 07 Apr 2005 16:27

Wow. So much new stuff I've never seen before - this was so inspiring and fresh!

Best moments:
Stepping Flying Toe>Fairy Butterfly Toe (ouch), the gyro symp whirl swirl
(whether it was clean or not), the inspinning inside stuff (or whatever
it was, it looked like a weird reversed drifter to me, 8O 8O ),
all the hardcore strings, and the Pullback! What a cool move. You
show so much control over the bag, you can do anything you want with
it. I wish I could shred now.

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 08 Apr 2005 05:40

Man...I was drowsey when I woke up this morning so I sat down to see what was new here and before your vid was done I was bouncing and sweating in my chair. Thank you so much. You have great skill and the first song went perfect. You have made my day.

Lukes List:
1. Get as good as you
2. Breath
Luke Andrews

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 20 Apr 2005 10:15

Well, it took awhile (an awesome 3 kb/s average!), but I must say, the wait was worth it!
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson