Consistency Problems

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Isaac Noyes
Shredalicious

Consistency Problems

Post by Isaac Noyes » 27 Feb 2006 11:24

Hi,
I have just started to become interested in freestyle footbag and have a few questions. Right now I kick with a dirtbag and a pair of Hurly skate shoes. I can do all the basic kicks, the inner outer toe set and knee and I can stall (although not consistently) on the toe the inside and outside of my right foot. My question is about the consistency of my kicks. When I do the basic kicks I am having a hard time getting the bag to go to the same place every time. I think it might be because of my shoes... the part I kick with for the inner kick is heavily padded and is the surface is uneven, which I think may cause the bag to go flying off in un-foreseen directions every time I kick. Is my problem actually with the shoes, or is it just me? My toe sets are kinda weak too, when I hit them they pop up perfectly, but the toe-box of my shoe is kinda small. Would getting Lavers help this? Might my frustration also be because of my dirtbag? I just ordered 3 Mr.Sandbags from freedom and am hoping that they will improve my game a bit...

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 27 Feb 2006 14:45

The sandbags will aid your game greatly.

It's great you already know about Rod Lavers-get 'em! ;-)

It's sooo hard to explain how they help. It's like driving.You never knew how much easier it would be to get the places you need to be-until you have a car.

Lavers = You being able to learn moves like: http://v.footbag.org/media/203/ClownFace.wmv
http://v.footbag.org/media/203/Helix-stein.wmv

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 27 Feb 2006 15:19

Getting Lavers will for sure improve your consistency, but there's one thing that makes your consistency explode every time: shredding with others, regularly!!

I think Emily Kulczyk (Moxie on the board here) lives in Santa Cruz? I'm sure some other freestylers do too. You need to find people to shred with, and spend as much time playing with them as you can, because experienced footbag players are always a great resource. They were once as noob-ie as you, and are always willing to help. Good luck on your footbag adventure!!!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

freestyler4life
BSOS Beast

Post by freestyler4life » 27 Feb 2006 15:33

I think Funk and Grom live out there too? (Funk loves footbag and Senor Grommet) I could be wrong :?

Isaac Noyes
Shredalicious

Post by Isaac Noyes » 27 Feb 2006 15:44

Thanks for the replys, I PMed Funk and I think I'm gonna go kick with him later tonight.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 27 Feb 2006 17:38

Isaac Noyes wrote:Thanks for the replys, I PMed Funk and I think I'm gonna go kick with him later tonight.
Lucky!! I think Grommet trained Funk, and he got good FAST. You are very lucky to live in a town where people with SKILLZ can teach you. Count your blessings. For serious freestyle in my city, it's just me and one other guy right now, no one to teach us.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 28 Feb 2006 06:05

Iron Clad Ben wrote: Lucky!! I think Grommet trained Funk, and he got good FAST. You are very lucky to live in a town where people with SKILLZ can teach you. Count your blessings. For serious freestyle in my city, it's just me and one other guy right now, no one to teach us.
second that.but see it that way...i for myself got a noob to train him.and it is so rewarding seeing him progress that i allmost forget that we are the only 2 dudes who do this great sport...so...keep it up,shred puplic and there will be lots of dudes at your town...
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig