Outside crank?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Isaac Noyes
Shredalicious

Outside crank?

Post by Isaac Noyes » 03 Mar 2006 10:18

Is it possible to crank your ankle to the outside to make outside kicks/stalls easier? In general footbag under the dragon pic thread in the pic bluntobj3ct posted it looks like hes got some going, but I can't really tell.
I'm asking because I don't think my ankle moves that way. I can get good inside crank, but when I try to do it on the outside my foot just won't go.

jake
BSOS Beast

Post by jake » 03 Mar 2006 12:03

i would imagine with normla stretching it would get better then it is.
Jake Marmon - Gresham Oregon
15-years old
yeah

janis
Post Master General

Re: Outside crank?

Post by janis » 04 Mar 2006 02:43

Isaac Noyes wrote:Is it possible to crank your ankle to the outside to make outside kicks/stalls easier? In general footbag under the dragon pic thread in the pic bluntobj3ct posted it looks like hes got some going, but I can't really tell.
I'm asking because I don't think my ankle moves that way. I can get good inside crank, but when I try to do it on the outside my foot just won't go.
There tends to be quite a bit of hip rotation for tricks like dragon, and yes you can develop a bit more outside crank by stretching and doing moves like dragon

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 14 Mar 2006 21:52

Most of the stuff we call crank is good for footbag but what it amounts to is loose joints. We will all be hurting come 50-60 years of age.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 19 Mar 2006 14:01

It is for sure possible to crank your ankle that way. It looks disgustingly cool.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog