lifting ???

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
L1NNCH
Circle Kicker

lifting ???

Post by L1NNCH » 20 Feb 2006 05:17

could anyone describe me the `procedure`of lifting sack from the floor
ps sorry about my english ..... :oops:

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 20 Feb 2006 08:57

Pick it up with your hands.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 20 Feb 2006 09:40

shredzilla wrote:Pick it up with your hands.
NEVER with your feet... unless you want your bags to die very fast.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Xain
Fearless

Post by Xain » 20 Feb 2006 13:13

what kind of bag

Bagira
Shredaholic

Post by Bagira » 20 Feb 2006 19:25

Assuming it is a footbag 'sack', you would like to first bend your knees and then lower yourself to the ground. Place your forefinger and thumb of your strongside hand around the 'sack'. Levitate yourself. Do whatever you wish afterwards.

Another way to pick up a 'sack' is with your teeth. It is far more strenuous physically and mentally, but it is excellent for exercising that poor sense of humility of yours. It might also be a bit damaging for your teeth, so you have been forewarned.

I heard that Waylon threatens the hacky sackers around the college with forcing them to pick up bags with teeth if they do toe pickups and whatnot. I've yet to see him enforce that. Would be at least humorous.
Mikhail Bukhonko

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 20 Feb 2006 20:18

Another way to pick up a 'sack' is with your teeth. It is far more strenuous physically and mentally, but it is excellent for exercising that poor sense of humility of yours. It might also be a bit damaging for your teeth, so you have been forewarned.
Even worse for your teeth if the bag is filled with lead. :P
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

L1NNCH
Circle Kicker

Post by L1NNCH » 20 Feb 2006 22:07

ooooh i see , with my hand !? damn i`ve never thought of using hand .... c`mon men i asked about lifting it using feet ,

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 20 Feb 2006 22:56

L1NNCH wrote:ooooh i see , with my hand !? damn i`ve never thought of using hand .... c`mon men i asked about lifting it using feet ,
That's the point L1NNCH, you want to get out of the habit of picking the bag up with your feet. We as footbaggers like to take good care of the bags we use to play with, and picking it up with your foot can cause damage to the bag.

I could teach you how to pick up the bag with your feet, but that would be teaching you a bad habit that you'd have to stop later on anyway.

DanielWhittle
Shredaholic

Post by DanielWhittle » 21 Feb 2006 00:41

If your so lazy you cant pick up a footbag then how do you expect to do anything ?

I suppose you could just roll it on to your toe gently like vasek does.
Daniel Whittle

14 Years Old

UK Shredder

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 21 Feb 2006 01:13

Bagira wrote:I heard that Waylon threatens the hacky sackers around the college with forcing them to pick up bags with teeth if they do toe pickups and whatnot. I've yet to see him enforce that. Would be at least humorous.
They're not touching my bags with their teeth, that's for sure. :P

And there's no justified reasoning for doing toe pick-ups unless there's a generalized trust among the circle to allow it, and even that comes rarely. Only unless the person knows what they're doing and being extra careful in doing so. Still a bad habit.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 21 Feb 2006 03:32

Yeah, I admit I actually do it when I'm shredding solo. If I'm trying to nail a new move, and I have to try the move 30-50 times before I nail it, it does save time and energy.
Daniel Whittle wrote:I suppose you could just roll it on to your toe gently like vasek does.
That's what I do during those times. Anyway, by the time you get good enough, you'll know how to do it. I just feel bad if I teach you a bad habit like that.

Put your right foot next to the bag. Use your left to push the bag onto the toe of your shoe, then lift the bag up to your hand.

L1NNCH
Circle Kicker

Post by L1NNCH » 21 Feb 2006 04:34

ok , than i`ll pick it from now on with my hands , thanks anyway

Xain
Fearless

Post by Xain » 21 Feb 2006 16:56

a good way to pick up the bag with your feet without damaging it, is to grab it wil the tips of your heals, raise onto your toes and release the bag, and catch it with your toe.

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 16 Mar 2006 22:12

Its gonna cause a scene when I go to a tourney and gently footroll it up and have a newb flip out at me for toe picking his bag. I think footroll is ok but then again I am judging based on my own technique.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 17 Mar 2006 15:03

im gunna make a toe picking bag up video today and post it some time within the next few days. The dos and donts of bag "recovery"
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

bluntobj3ct
BSOS Beast

Post by bluntobj3ct » 20 Mar 2006 17:14

id like to see that ! ^
SAM MCAULAY
BLOG
ImageImage