clipper help

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Spontaneous Spaz
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

clipper help

Post by Spontaneous Spaz » 15 May 2006 18:12

hey guys, eright, i'm new here and was told to make some posts if i needed some help so here goes...

i'm a fairly new "footbagger" if you'd call it taht, i've been hacking around for about a year and got down just about all the kicks and i can just self pass it for about 30 - 40 kicks (my record). i recently started doing stalls, and i've pretty much mastered the toe stall (for my right foot) and the inside stall (also for my right foot). the thing is, i really want to nail the clipper, just whenever i try i lose my balance and fall over or can't land it right cuz of weird leg placement

you think you guys could help me with my "dilemma"?
thanx

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 15 May 2006 19:00

welcome to modified!

Here's some good info for stretching and what not to be able to get good leg placement: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=13108

Here's some more info solely on the clipper: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=13167

Hope this helps
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

krumpage
Hack Fiend

Post by krumpage » 15 May 2006 19:05

well i think you need to get your toe stalls down for both feet where you can do 40 stall in a row. Now for clippers I'm not really a pro yet since im still kinda noob. Anyway what i've noticed from watching videos and watching my brother along with practicing a bit. Lets say your doing the clipper part with your right foot (not sure if thats calld a right side clipper even though the clipper is happening on your left side). You drop the bag a little away from your left leg whatever feel most comfortable and you take a hop with your left leg and bend your left knee a little bit. Doing that really helps and you might notice you can get your right leg a bit farther out more comfortably. Then of course you do the clipper part with your right foot. I'm not sure if its better to practice hitting up or stalling, but ive been practicing stalling clippers a bit. Im not sure if thats any help but hey i tried

Spontaneous Spaz
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spontaneous Spaz » 15 May 2006 19:10

thanx guys that helps alot!

edit: i was also told to lean against a wall or chair for support while learning the fotting and placement

ninja
BSOS Beast

Post by ninja » 15 May 2006 20:12

You could but you'll probably become to reliant on the wall. Just practice.
Clayton Chin