new trick ideas

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
jz
Circle Kicker

new trick ideas

Post by jz » 23 Jun 2007 14:30

im a beginner i can do tricks like mirage, osis, symp. mirage, double around the world, double leg over, butterfly stall, etc.

what would be some tricks i should work on next?

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 24 Jun 2007 13:00

Try on working on swirls,whirls,spinning and ducking.

And a very good idea would be to school tiltless links really hard untill you can do like 50-80 easily ;)

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 24 Jun 2007 20:14

JZ, welcome to modified. We have a rule that you real name has to be in your signature (don't worry people can only see it if they're logged in, it can't be googled and such) so please add that in.

I would say before you start going for really advanced concepts, make sure that all the tricks you can do, you can do in strings, linking them together without toe bails and such. Can you hit all those tricks on the above list both sides? How about BSOS? If not that's something to work on. What about consecutive alternating butterflies, aka infinities, how many can you hit regularly? They say you don't really own a trick until you can hit it out of everything else.

Start a challenge topic in the challenge section. Get a little more specific about what kind of runs you can hit. You'll get a lot of suggestions for drills other and inspiration there.

Once again welcome to modified.

Also, if you haven't yet, please be sure to create an account on footbag.org. Every legitimate registered player on there gets footbag one step closer to being an olympic sport one day. It's free, and pretty much a no-brainer to support the sport of footbag.