SEVERE flipside uncoordination

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
logan
Shredalicious

SEVERE flipside uncoordination

Post by logan » 14 Aug 2007 11:21

I am just getting back into footbag after taking a solid 8 months off due to lack of time and discouragement. I was tiltless before I stopped playing, but my flipside was always sketchy. Now that I am trying to BOP 3 adds I can't help but notice how crappy my flipside really is. Here's the problem though, I'm not a lazy footbagger who only schools strongside. I have always been the kind of person to spend 2wice as much time on flipside than strongside, but I still never see the results (causing the frustration that led me to take time off). I feel as if my weak leg is so uncoordinated it is hopeless. I fear I will never get the feeling of actually controlling the footbag in my weak leg. My toe stalls always suck (shoot off of my foot in weird directions), and my ankle barely bends at all for my clipper stalls, which makes butterflies even more inpossible. Does any one else here ever get that feeling of hopeless with their flipside, no matter how hard they work at it? Does anyone have any suggestions at all other than "keep schooling flipside"? cause trust me, I do, to no avail.... Any help would be appreciate thanks
logan rudemiller

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 14 Aug 2007 11:32

You gotta school flipside more than good side. Thats why its your flipside.
It sounds like you gotta go way back.. Get kicking equal, get toestalls equal etc.
I often find that I have to think more about tricks on flipside to get them.
They just don't get there by schooling. Check tricktips on this site and footbag.org !

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 14 Aug 2007 12:34

I totally feel like this with my flip clipper. I've been working on it for over a year now, but its still inconsistent compared to other tricks. It is getting better, but realistically I'm gonna be working on it all next summer, too.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

You could try stretching your weakside ankle when not playing, this might help you bend your ankle.

One thing I'm trying, when drilling alternating clippers, is to really focus on form with every clipper attempt - how much I look over the bag, how much I turn my shoulders, etc. And rather than trying huge numbers of clippers, I'm trying to do a smaller number but with proper form.

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 16 Aug 2007 18:04

Hm, I'm better flip clipper than strong :? Just a little though. One thing I do, to make sure I'm doing everything evenly, I keep a chart of drills, with goals and stuff. Like for instance, mirages, I have a goal of 12 in a row, and I start by doing 1 on each leg, then 2, then 3, etc. Lets say one day I hit 4 mirages with my left foot. I don't move on to 5 until I've done 4 with my right, no matter how long it takes. It also builds consistency, which is always a plus. Nothing worse than hitting 12 mirages one day then the next day hitting 3 or 4. I hope that makes sense.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 20 Aug 2007 04:26

For some reason I'm better with some things flipside than strongside.

For instance, I'm better at mirages, torques, osis, and atomics flipside. But I'm better at pixie, stepping, fairy, double downs, illusions, whirls, datws, spinning, ducking and pretty much everything else strongside.

You should see what my flipside does when I try to quantum or barrage with it. It's friggin retarded is all I can say.

We all struggle with that damn flipside.

Virppa
Shredaholic

Post by Virppa » 20 Aug 2007 10:16

Psilocybe wrote:We all struggle with that damn flipside.
Except Anz :?
Antti Virolainen

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 20 Aug 2007 23:19

Virppa wrote:
Psilocybe wrote:We all struggle with that damn flipside.
Except Anz :?
LOL!