how to post an image?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
calemccoy
Flower Child

how to post an image?

Post by calemccoy » 21 Oct 2007 15:52

if anyone would let me know the process via PM i would appreciate it. i can do links to photobucket, myspace, etc.. .but would like to know how to post an image right onto the thread. thanks!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Moxie
Taphophile

Re: how to post an image?

Post by Moxie » 21 Oct 2007 17:02

calemccoy wrote:if anyone would let me know the process via PM i would appreciate it. i can do links to photobucket, myspace, etc.. .but would like to know how to post an image right onto the thread. thanks!
Hi there. In the Modified FAQ (at the top of your page, next to Search) you'll find the answer to "How do I post a picture?"
Modified FAQ wrote:How do I post a picture?
Images can be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server.

1. Photobucket.com or ImageShack.com are two sites (out of a ton) that will host images. Sign up on one of those.

2. Make the image the size you want it to be.
a) I believe that either site gives you the option of resizing when uploading your picture.
b) Or you could do it using Paint or a photo program such as Photoshop.

3. Once you upload the picture, there will be several options for links. On ImageShack you will select the Embeddable Code for Forums. On Photobucket you'll want to copy the Img link.

4. In the your post you'll type [img]then%20paste%20link%20here[/img]. You can type the img stuff, or press the Img button (which is next to "URL" which is in the line of buttons under the subject line.)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 21 Oct 2007 20:34

thank you very much. i should have pmed you, my bad. i will in the future.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Wu_
Multidex Master

Post by Wu_ » 23 Oct 2007 13:20

calemccoy wrote:thank you very much. i should have pmed you, my bad. i will in the future.
Moxie wrote:Hi there. In the Modified FAQ (at the top of your page, next to Search) you'll find the answer to "How do I post a picture?"

*__* Marcus D. W-H. *__*

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 23 Oct 2007 14:58

thanks for that.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 23 Oct 2007 23:03

Naw, it's fine for someone to PM me any time if they have a question. It doesn't take take much time or effort to answer a PM.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk