new comer here

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Rasengan
Circle Kicker

new comer here

Post by Rasengan » 08 Nov 2007 12:57

Hey,
I'm quite new to footbag. I can do toe stall with both legs, outside stall with both legs and almost all kicks. First I did the toe kick wrong and now i'm having trouble learning it the right way with the flick or something. And I shred at home, with bare feet. I don't have any mod lavers, or any good shoes for shredding. Should I buy some? And one more thing about the ATW. I can do the circle around the bag with my right foot, but I can't catch it on foot and delay it. Any tips.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 08 Nov 2007 13:17

Spend some time reading the stickied threads, you'll find answers.

Yes get lavers. There are other footbag shoes, different people have different preferences but nobody can tell you which of the subtle differences between the shoes will end up suiting you best, so just start with lavers.

ATW: keep practicing. The more you practice the faster/tighter your dex will get. There's really not much else to say about it. Its difficult at first, but one day you will look back & see that it isn't complicated at all.

Welcome to footbag!

gMoney
Think Pink

Post by gMoney » 08 Nov 2007 16:33

ATW: keep practicing. The more you practice the faster/tighter your dex will get. There's really not much else to say about it. Its difficult at first, but one day you will look back & see that it isn't complicated at all.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. To expand on that a little more, if you can just do the dex but can't stall it or kick it, just do the dex and try your best to make the bag land on your foot. Then once you feel confident with that, work with it. That's how I learned. Do what you can then go back and try to perfect it.

Oh yeah, and don't get too frustrated with footbag. Stick with it. I made the mistake of taking 6 months off and ended up having to kind of relearn everything. Because I was frustrated and felt like I wasn't getting any better. Everyone hits roadblocks, and it takes time and effort to get over them, but everyone can do it.
Grant Mooney
Footblog
Challenge

Rasengan
Circle Kicker

Post by Rasengan » 09 Nov 2007 03:21

lavers are quite expensive when ordering here in my country. I though of buyin those usual shoes http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:TC_ ... HI_500.jpg

I don't actually have any place where do shred, exept home.

Is there any sub-forum, where all shredders meet or something, I want to ask if there's any other Estonian in here.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 09 Nov 2007 06:58

Again, I'd recommend reading the forum & finding your own answers. That way you can weigh different opinions & make up your own mind, and also see that a lot of these questions have been answered before & there's pretty much universal agreement...

In the bags & equipment section you'll find a bunch of threads like "are these shoes any good for freestyle" and you'll see other shoes that are similar to the ones you posted. The general consensus is you can do basics in shoes like that, but they'll hold you back from developing beyond basic stalls and flying clippers.

I think Aleksei Zikin (screenname: Kljopa) & Ramil Abulov (screenname: Beastie Bee) both live in Estonia. Maybe they can tell you where they got their lavers. PM them or something.

Go forth new kicker and surf the forum!

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 09 Nov 2007 09:46

Yo im here ;)

You gotta look for lavers online.If you have money i can help you find.

add me on msn kljopa@hotmail.com

At first i recommend to buy the shoes you found.

add me on msn ;)

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 09 Nov 2007 12:39

Welcome.
Check out the "Trick Tips" forum, and read the top post... there you will find many, many tips of moves like ATW. If you have further questions post them there :)