Just wanted to introduce myself.

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Holliday
Hack Fiend

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Post by Holliday » 16 Feb 2008 23:02

Heya! Didn't know if I should put this in blogs or getting started, so here it shall lay.

Finally, and I mean finally, I got registered for modified.in! It really took around 8 months, but I'm quite happy I'm finally here.

Little background, I've been reading and poking around modified for about a year now, but have been into footbag (off and on) for about two years. As of right now, I'm a sophomore in high school... I end up moving around a lot, so I get great opportunities to introduce many people to footbag, and really enjoy creating crowds at street corners. (with what little skill I have)

What I use. despite my love for footbag, I have yet to purchase a pair of lavers, or even a bag from the For Sale section... However, I do reasonably well in my saloman running shoes and my sandmaster.

What I can hit: Let's see... I can consecutively hit over 300 using both sides. 100% toes, insides, outsides. My left clipper is 100% and my right side is about a 85%, so I'm drilling it more often now. I worked real hard one weekend and got down my legovers about 80% at best.

What I'm working on: Mainly control and basics. I feel like it has taken me a real long time to learn what little moves I do know, and I feel like I should master those. My clipper sets are really starting to aggravate me... with all my effort, they only reach about chest high, and I have this pulling tendency when i release the stall. An Osis or Butterfly every now and then would be a nice throw up in my strings, but that will come with time I figure.

wow, well this turned out to be more of a post than I meant it to be, but oh well.

I'm real glad I'm part of the modified.in community and hope to get to know ya'll someday.

-Max Holliday
Last edited by Holliday on 18 Feb 2008 07:06, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 16 Feb 2008 23:10

welcome :D

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 16 Feb 2008 23:26

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Totally make a footblog though :)

Holliday
Hack Fiend

Post by Holliday » 16 Feb 2008 23:39

I've tried, quite a success, if I do say so my self. But I just don't want to make the investment for materials and such. Jerab helped me make my first, couldn't have done it without him.

That much of a play difference between sand and shot from custom made bags?

-Max Holliday

EDIT: fixed my sig, sorry about that. :D
Last edited by Holliday on 18 Feb 2008 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

Grade Zero
Multidex Master

Post by Grade Zero » 17 Feb 2008 21:26

You have to put your real name in your sig. It's a rule.
Maverick Penaranda

Proposed Job's Notation for Reincarnation: Life [BOD] > Death [XBD] > Rebirth [PDX].

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 18 Feb 2008 09:22

Why don't you have footbag shoes yet? Regular shoes will just hold you back!
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

Holliday
Hack Fiend

Post by Holliday » 19 Feb 2008 14:02

I totally agree, I wish I could get my hands on a pair of lavers... But honestly, I am waiting for a big sale or something. My money is going to other things right now (Like gas...).

Plus, my darn feet wont stop growing, and I don't want to have to replace them too often.
"We've got a microphone, so go to hell if what your thinking is to try it."
-Bob Marley

Max Holliday