Terrible Ankle Crank

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
mannel rox
Shredalicious

Terrible Ankle Crank

Post by mannel rox » 21 Mar 2009 20:58

Hi, I just got back into footbagging after a while of downtime, and I'm trying to re-learn some of the basic stalls.

One thing that I have a problem with is my ankle crank for the clipper stall.

I can't seem to crank my ankle down far enough to pull of the stall like I used to be able to do.

Help?

Radek Deko
Shredalicious

Post by Radek Deko » 22 Mar 2009 08:44

Hey, I started less then a month ago, Even tho my ankle crank isint that bad, its all about the practice. Ankle crank its just a extra help, but without practice you wont have a good clipper, also if you want maybe a better ankle crank thats what I do.

I get a towel/shirt/some sort of piece of cloth, roll it up like im going to hit someone, grab it by both ends and wrap it around the shoe. It looks like a U and your shoe is inbetween the U. Or just stand on the side of the shoe so it bends.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Re: Terrible Ankle Crank

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 22 Mar 2009 15:50

mannel rox wrote:I can't seem to crank my ankle down far enough to pull of the stall like I used to be able to do.
Then my initial reaction would be to just keep at it for a while & it'll come back.

I don't have tremendous crank either, and I've been tweaking my clipper technique lately. One big thing that helps me, hopefully will help you too: get into the habit of bending at the knee, cushioning the bag not with the ankle so much as the knee on the support leg.

Also, school those inside stalls.

Oh and I just read the first post of your blog - are you using a crotcheted bag? That'll frustrate anybody.

mannel rox
Shredalicious

Post by mannel rox » 22 Mar 2009 16:16

Nahh, that was like 2 years ago.

I'm using a Mr. Sandbag and a 32 panel that I got from Jerab.

Anyway, I'm probably just out of shape. Its been about 6 months since I was last playing normally.

Is there a way to delete a topic you made? My 2 year old blog is pissing me off..

JoshC.
Multidex Master

Post by JoshC. » 22 Mar 2009 18:08

Josh Cummings

I'll rest when I'm dead.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Check out my shred blog: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 20&start=0
Check out my skate blog: http://cummingsspeedskating.blogspot.com/