Who discovered Rod Laver is the best shoe for Footbag?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Who discovered Rod Laver is the best shoe for Footbag?

Post by ThisIsFate » 03 Apr 2009 04:44

Who discovered Rod Laver is the best shoe for Footbag? Like out of so many shoes outhere. :wink:
kungho

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Apr 2009 09:11

The main shoe used by freestylers before the Adidas brand Rod Laver model was the Le Coq Sportif brand Super Ashe model.

it was, apparently, a heavier, not-as-advantageously-shaped shoe in the same style as the laver. here are a few pics.

so, I realize that it's not an answer to your question, but I just wanted to make you aware that, before the laver, there was a shoe with pretty much the same shape, so, when the switch was made to the laver by more and more players, the shape that they liked the most had already been found.

hopefully some of the godfathers of the game that lurk these murky quarters will chime in..
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 03 Apr 2009 15:48

I thought it was Peter Irish?
Nicholas Laroche

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 03 Apr 2009 17:50

Thanks for the infor, the reason i asked was I want to know more about the history of this game ;). May be in the near future when the sport get big, someone like Matt can help us write the history.
kungho

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Apr 2009 08:54

from my facebook wall

"Ken Shults - the first person i saw wear Rod Lavers with the special lacing was Chris Stayton from Houston, TX at Worlds in Boulder CO 1984"
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa