Which Lavers?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
alextartol
Circle Kicker

Which Lavers?

Post by alextartol » 05 Jun 2009 14:52

Hi, I just picked up footbag again after taking a break for a few years, never got that into it, but now I am looking to get a pair of Lavers. I was looking around and found the mesh ones and leather ones. Which would you guys recommend, leather or mesh? I have a slight feeling that mesh would be the better choice but I would like input from you pros. Thanks.

Edit: What about twill lavers?

Edit: How are Quantums compared to Lavers?

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 05 Jun 2009 17:00

Im no pro but it doesnt take one to let you know that the mesh or twill lavers are your best bet for long lasting durable fantastic bag shoes. most people like the Quantums because they are ready to go right out of the box, but i have heard many stories about 1 or 2 good shred sessions and the quantums fall apart. I have had 2 pairs of lavers.... in 3 years. Yes i completely destroyed my old ones, but i was hacking with them today and they were still bagging worthy. However for the best performance on the lavers they require slight modifications, but they are not hard at all, a good place to find those is Matt Cross's Video, Adidas Rod Laver Modification Tutorial on youtube showing the mods every step of the way.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Jun 2009 02:28

I would suggest you get Quantum.

They do not fall apart after 2 sessions and if they did you would get them replaced by the shop where you bought them.

The reason why I recommend them is that the laver and the quantum is very similiar and by buying quantums you support footbaggers working to make footbag better. If you buy quantums you just support Adidas.

I have played 3 years in Lavers and 2 years in quantums and I honestly don't know which I think is the best but with the quantums you don't have to modify and you support footbag.

Obvious choice in my opinion.

M4rQu5
Hack Fiend

Post by M4rQu5 » 07 Jun 2009 09:41

Asmus wrote:If you buy quantums you just support Adidas.
Typo, sorry. But if I had opinion, get Lavers. If you buy them through WFA you do support footbag :)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Jun 2009 10:31

How does WFA support footbag?

I know both planetfootbag and freedomfootbags does? But how does WFA?
And even then they have still bought them from Adidias.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 12 Jun 2009 12:28

Asmus wrote:How does WFA support footbag?

I know both planetfootbag and freedomfootbags does? But how does WFA?
And even then they have still bought them from Adidias.
WFA helps by subsidizing worlds every year.