nike free

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Nox
Circle Kicker

nike free

Post by Nox » 30 May 2010 16:00

What do you guys think about these as unmodded kicking shoes. I dont really want to use modded shoes yet because i dont want to rely on them to do anything, but i do needs new running shoes so i was looking at these. What do you guys think?

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 02 Jun 2010 20:06

I have a pair. Personally I think they are stylish as hell. But I also think they suck a big one for both running and shredding. If you have super flexy toes, they will work for toe moves. The inside surface is good for clippers, but the toe is just sooo bad...

There is a semi-retired shredder in my town who uses them. He has really flexy toes and can get by without the toe box. So I think if you can get past that they're good, but it's a big barrier.

If you need new running shoes I would recommend going to a running shoe store and getting fitted for them. Depending on your arch size and any pronation you have, the right shoes may be something very different from Nike Frees. With the wrong running shoes you increase your likelihood of injury (while running). Since I got fitted for shoes and started running my shred endurance is way better and I don't get shin splints shredding any more. I tried running in my Nike Frees a while back and it gave me shin splints and my upper leg muscles got super sore. I have really low arches, and the support was just god-awful for running. Now I run in Brooks (the footbag net shoe) and it's freakin' fantastic.

That's my take it on it based off experience, you gotta make your own decisions of course though.

Nox
Circle Kicker

Post by Nox » 02 Jun 2010 20:19

I went ahead and got some a few days ago haha. I do agree that toe sucks but the wall is nice and they are super light. Plus they are super comfy haha.

I think im going to get some legit footbagging shoes though. Whats up with these brooks? Im thinking about just ordering a pair of lavers and modding them.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 02 Jun 2010 20:22

Brooks are running shoes that are preferred by Footbag Net players. DO NOT USE FOR FREESTYLE. They are for NET ONLY.

Go with Lavers for your first pair of shred shoes. You can get fancy later on with quantums/nucleus/g-units/whatev. But for now GET LAVERS.

Nox
Circle Kicker

Post by Nox » 03 Jun 2010 14:36

I started bending my toes upwards, it makes a world of difference. I ordered some lavers but these will make nice lounge/kick shoes.