Oy! Mi llamo Jordan.

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Rein
Circle Kicker

Oy! Mi llamo Jordan.

Post by Rein » 25 Oct 2010 23:28

Ima spring buck footbag player with next to no skill but a crap ton of enthusiasm. :D

Seriously - while you guys are hashing out butterfly swirls, Ima working on hitting 15 consecutive toe kicks. Practice makes perfect, eh?

Some ?'s

- Any Santa Cruz, CA players to inspire me?

- Am I screwing myself over by playing barefoot? I'm a beach boy... going barefoot in the sand feels good, good, good on the toes.

- Cussing on modified... yay or nay?

Ima off work on my inside kick.

Cheers,
Jordan
Baked and angry.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 26 Oct 2010 07:23

I think its always been said that you can learn to play really good barefoot. But shoes first - to help you learn - then taking them off after you know how to play. someone may disprove that though.

~For example: david in socks - note: he's been playing for years...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKc0p8CfuE
~However he is also insanely good in shoes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RrGNpyrLa4

Also, i think it is alright to cuss if its useful, just don't direct it towards anyone. But i better let a moderator answer that one.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 26 Oct 2010 12:08

Welcome. Barefoot is awesome. I shred with a guy who plays exclusively barefoot. Shred shoes will definitely make it easier, and 99.9% of serious freestylers wear 'em. And by shoes I mean Rod Lavers, Reebok G-unit G6, Quantums or Nucleus really. Shove your Chucks under your bed and keep 'em there.

Big net scene in Santa Cruz, most of 'em retired freestylers. Good luck getting a shred circle going there. Your best bet is probably to head up to the Bay area and shred with the Stanford club.

BTW, since they rule so hard, you must check out Mammatus from Santa Cruz. I shred to their music all the time:
http://www.myspace.com/mammatus

Rein
Circle Kicker

Post by Rein » 26 Oct 2010 20:26

Gotcha. Once I get the $, I'll pick up some decent shoes.

Just did a session with some Mammatus beats. Felt good. 8)

Ninja Edit: I want to stitch my own footbag. Are there any one stop shops for footbag supplies?

:?:
Baked and angry.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 31 Oct 2010 07:00

Check the Bags & Equipment forum for stitching info. You have to get the materials separately (fabric, fill and thread). Also, get in touch with Emily and Fletcher in Santa Cruz. They used to stitch back when they freestyled a few years ago. I'm sure they would be down to teach you.