Does anyone live near me?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
CICFreestyler17
Hack Fiend

Post by CICFreestyler17 » 10 Sep 2011 02:20

Hey, I just read this and was wondering about your progress? A few things I would suggest is joining your high schools wrestling team or taking up mauy thai boxing. I have seen people lose a lot of weight through these two sports in addition to diet.

http://crossfitunlimited.com/contact/ I looked up a few gyms in your area and this one seems to offer the program you would need with certified instructors. If you can afford it I would definetly recommend it. Not only will you be getting in shape, you will be having fun and learning a (useful) martial art. If this won't work give wrestling a shot. It is one of the hardest workouts in the world, and though not as fun as thai boxing you will be learning something new and getting in awesome shape. Also, if you choose to compete there will be a 205 lb weight class which would give you a short term goal to achieve.

If you have any questions PM me or post them here. I just started teaching muay thai boxing and fitness so let me know if you need help with anything. Keep us posted!

ps Footbag is also a great workout, try to play an hour a day.

billyg
Hack Fiend

Post by billyg » 05 Jan 2012 16:28

That's what I was going to say. Wrestling is a great way to lose weight; I'm on the wrestling team at my high school, and I think it's the hardest sport (physically) around. Every practice is a great workout.
Billy G.