Greetings from Seattle

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
rjadamson
Multidex Master

Greetings from Seattle

Post by rjadamson » 25 Jul 2011 01:23

Hey guys, I am not sure if people actually make posts in this section just to introduce themselves, but that's what I'm going to do.

My name is Reilley. I started casually kicking in high school, and got my basic kicks down pretty fast. After graduating high school in 2007 my interest in playing (and getting better) eventually led me to contact Justin Dale and the guys from Rain City Shred. I played with them and drilled my basics regularly over that summer, and took the train down to Portland to watch everyone compete in the U.S. Open. Unfortunately, I sort of dropped off of the map that winter after the Seattle Juggling and Footbag Festival and stopped playing before I could even throw tiltless strings together consistently.

The best thing I've done for myself this year was going to the Northwest Folklife Festival here in Seattle. Kicking with a bunch of drunk kids and other undesirables made me pine for some real footbag action again. I got back in touch with everyone in early June, and now find myself playing two or three times a week. Despite going from relearning my flipside clipper to hitting various 4-adds in a month and a half, my basic game still has many obvious holes. Having any amount of muscle on my legs is a very new experience. I'm still in the process of discovering the names of the more advanced tricks and the components that form them.

I will be coming down to the U.S. Open in a few weeks with the Rain City Shred guys, and hope to be in the game for the long hall this time. I bought myself some new Lavers (removing the stock insoles on these new ones is a real workout), and am also working at breaking in a new bag. Outside of footbag I'm a retail peon that likes to play guitar, write, play computer games, and do other skinny white kid things. Hopefully now that I've made this post I'll be more inclined to stick my neck out and post in other threads. I can't wait to get to know you guys here on the forums, and am excited that I have to opportunity to meet and greet in Boise come August. I will probably set up a footblog here once the event is over. Thanks for reading.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 25 Jul 2011 02:58

Definitely the correct section. Welcome!
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 01 Aug 2011 15:56

Hey Reilley, it was good meeting you when I visited a couple weeks ago. You're off to a good start, and modified is a great resource. Looking forward to Boise, see you there.
chris dean