New And Saying Hello

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Phoenix
Circle Kicker

New And Saying Hello

Post by Phoenix » 08 May 2012 13:40

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the sport of footbag. I have been playing for about a month now and am still working on basic kicks and stalls.

I use a Mr. Sandbag but no lavers yet. I hope to pick up a nice 32 soon as I am enjoying the sport so much.

Just wanted to say hello and start joining in on the convos in the forums!

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 08 May 2012 13:54

Hi Phoenix, welcome to footbag.

I noticed your "location" said NJ, USA. I'm also in NJ. Bridgewater -- its kinda-sorta pretty central (but a little bit north of center, and yet still kind of far from the true northern parts of NJ)

I'm not new here -- I'm actually pretty over-the-hill, but its still a good time of the year for old and new alike -- if my summer goes well, I'll be kicking alot. I often play near to home, and I also visit the New York City footbag club, which is really where the most action is at in this region. If things go really well this summer, we may even be hosting a big tournament in the city in September.

Drop me a line -- let me know a little bit more specifically where you're at and maybe we can get together and jam. I may even be able to introduce you to some other kickers in NJ, PA, and NY.

Also, you should put your name in your signature line. Its considered good etiquette on this forum (its not supposed to be an anonymous forum, and that seems to promote good behavior and less trolls, etc).
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 08 May 2012 22:41

Welcome to modified and footbag!

I just wanted to say that you should take Jon up on that and try to get together to kick.

phoenixfootbag
Circle Kicker

Post by phoenixfootbag » 10 Jul 2012 09:57

haha didnt even notice there was a phoenix on the site when i made this acc, sry bro, but hey