New to Triple

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

New to Triple

Post by Add Block » 07 Feb 2014 03:18

Hello people of modified!

I have been playing footbag for 8 months now (some may remember me from Greenline, the Czech camp). About 2 months ago, I started thinking about 3DEX tricks, started with Smog (pixie DLO) and Pigbeater (pixie eggbeater). Those were kind of easy and I can now hit them fairly consistently, but now I thought about Triple ATW (in), and this one is a bit tricky for me.

I have hit it a couple of times already, but with great inconsistency and that bothers me. Would any of you have any pointers or adjustments for hitting it more often? So far, I've learned everything without asking, I've just repeated a trick 2000 times and was done with it, but Triple is so physically demanding that I'd rather get a few tips before starting.

Also, I need to learn the technique well, as my legs are not very fast, and are very clumsy. The first two 3DEX tricks I've hit are both with pixie, and so I didn't need fast legs for those.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Re: New to Triple

Post by Ohios1 » 11 Feb 2014 20:26

have you done datw 50 times? whats your consec datw count? as with anything, its muscle mem
angeski

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 12 Feb 2014 08:31

Probably 20 consecutive, but I usually alternate between legs. I'll try doing a lot of doubles, hopefully that will do.

Vojta

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 15 Feb 2014 15:49

Technique is huge for this trick. Having an extremely good DATW is a requirement for this trick, if you can't really comfortably and consistenly hit DATW then you would be doing yourself a disservice trying for triple. The reason for this is because the dex control is so important for triple.

I used to have a very solid DATW but I had a lot of problems with TATW and it just came down to bad technique mostly. Quite some time ago I got a few tips from Ales about this and the big thing I learned was that keeping the transition from the first dex to the 2nd dex smooth is very important. It's very easy to think of it as set > double dex but I find that mindset/approach can be problematic. At least in my case when I was thinking uptime set to DATW the set would sometime end up not fluidly transitioning into the second dex and this greatly increased the speed required to hit the trick. It's worth saying it again, controlled dexes are everything for this trick. You want as much momentum to carry through from the first dex to the second dex. You simply don't have the time to recreate the momentum after the set if you lose it (unless you are really really fast). By thinking fluid and controlled dexes I found the trick got a lot easier (while still being very difficult of course :) ). Being too hasty will make this trick exceedingly difficult and effectively impossibly unless you have extremely fast speed. If you get the dexes very smooth and controlled it's somewhat surprising how "slow" you can go while successfully hitting it.

Hope this helps.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 16 Feb 2014 13:58

Alright, I'll try mastering Doubles first. I have no problems with them, but I can't hit 50 in a row.

Thanks for the tips, I will use them.

Vojta