Atomic/Quantum before Fairy/Pixie

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Vraidave
Shredaholic

Atomic/Quantum before Fairy/Pixie

Post by Vraidave » 09 Feb 2014 14:25

So I'm trying to learn some different sets, and I've been practicing them with leg overs, which is one of my strongest tricks (makes sense right). The thing that doesn't make so much sense is the fact that quantum and atomic sets are coming to me easier than pixie and fairy sets, which seems sort of... backwards. Now I'm not saying I'm nailing all these atomic leg overs and totally failing with the pixie leg overs, but I'm much more likely to hit or get close with an atomic, and the motion feels way more natural. So here's my question, will that detriment my play in the future? Should I remodel my practice and just try to nail those pixie and fairy sets, then get the atomics or will I be fine as I am? I feel all sorts of ass backwards :?

EDIT: You're not asking for advice for the set so it doesn't really belong in this subforum. Moved to Getting Started -Erik (not a mod)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

sen
Post Master General

Re: Atomic/Quantum before Fairy/Pixie

Post by sen » 09 Feb 2014 21:07

I am by no means an advanced player but I would say try to work on all the basic sets at some time. That said of one concept comes easier to you I say go for it! Just make sure you do it safely and cleanly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Atomic/Quantum before Fairy/Pixie

Post by C-Fan » 12 Feb 2014 14:32

I wouldn't worry too much about which sets you are hitting, as long as you are hitting them well. On a related note, I encourage hitting far mirage out of sets. In many cases, it can be easy to hit a trick ending in butterfly/legover with a bad set (think plo and dimwalk), while its a lot harder to hit an atom smasher or blur if your set isn't strong. Good luck.