around the world

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Tommy
The Green One

around the world

Post by Tommy » 06 Jul 2004 11:56

for some reason i cant hit around the world, its probably the easiest trick and i cant hit it. when i try and circle the bag with my foot, my foot allways hits the bag. can anyone give me any tips?
Tom Gartland

-Beacon Footbag Coalition-

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 06 Jul 2004 12:51

Work on your toe stalls. If you can do around ten toe stalls in a row setting the bag a little higher than knee height this trick should follow.
________
half-baked
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 07 Feb 2011 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 06 Jul 2004 13:20

A few generic tips for ATW:

Don't set the bag too high. It really only needs to go about knee height. If you set it higher, the bag will be falling real fast forcing you to speed up your dex. Which leads to the second point - you really dont need to move your foot all that fast. All of the fundamental moves in footbag are about technique and precision, not speed.

Lastly, try to keep your knee more or less directly above the bag for the whole trick. With the bag underneath the knee, circle it with your foot. That's how I find this trick easiest to do.

Remember to give both directions a try, and use both feet.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Tommy
The Green One

Post by Tommy » 06 Jul 2004 14:45

thanks ill try that and see if it helps
Tom Gartland

-Beacon Footbag Coalition-

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 06 Jul 2004 21:27

Also, don't try to rush anything. Try and follow your leg at first (don't just guess at the dex, actually look at it)...eventually, it will come natural.

Just work a little at a time. Get it half way around, then 3/4 around. Soon enough you'll be all the way around and you'll probably end up going to far.

And...don't go flicking your toe at the end to try and get the bag at the last moment because that wont make a delay. Learn atw delay, not kick :)

Good luck
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 06 Jul 2004 22:07

Not to say ATW kicks aren't cool looking... :D
John D

oZonE-juNkie
Shredaholic

Post by oZonE-juNkie » 08 Jul 2004 08:21

I've found that actively pushing your setting foot down a little bit after the set seems to "free up" my leg/foot for the dex. In reality, it's probably not that my foot is actually going down, it's more of a quick stop of the upward motion.
John M
Fear is the mind-killer.

shredita girlie
Hack Fiend

Post by shredita girlie » 19 Jul 2004 20:03

It took me sometime actually to hit an Around the World... for the longest time... the bag would catch on my shoe. But like said by others, by dropping my foot a little bit more than usual... the bag successfully got around and I was finally able to hit one.

Just keep trying... it took me a bit but with practice... I can hit them easily now.
~*Megan Ambrose*~

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 19 Jul 2004 20:27

Often time people who are trying ATW have very large dex windows, and try to make long loopy dexs.

When you aren't playing footbag, or even when you are, just practice making your leg go around in a tight circle, without a bag. This "dex-excercise" will help tighten up your dexs and get your leg used to the motion and path it has to take around the bag.
Cole Hobson

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 13 Sep 2004 12:21

yeah make sure the set is clean and precise. Not uncontrolled and everywhere. Keep your set close and under you, my advice for the set is...picture the bag coming straight up and close to you...use your foot as a "guide" but let your knee actually do the set...you're knee should come STRAIGHT up making an upside down L.

For the Dex, try...using your heel as a reference...as in your heel as to go IN FRONT of the bag and come back. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Dexercise helps. Also, PRACTICE BOTH SIDES, BOTH DEX WAYS (In>Out, Out>In)
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind