Wich Bag?

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Asmus
Ass Moose

Wich Bag?

Post by Asmus » 31 Jul 2004 08:05

Hmm.. I'm pretty new at footbag, the bag i use is a self stitched bag, and now i got lots of money..
I consider buying to bags, the Abshire and the sandman..
I heard the Sandman is best for newbie's but is that just because its cheap..
Wich one shall i buy, HELP ME!
Ehm or.. should i buy something else..

SmellMyFinger
Shredalicious

Post by SmellMyFinger » 31 Jul 2004 08:51

i think you should get the sandbag AND a 32 panel, so you have something to play with as you break in the 32. Abshire's a good choice, so is carol, lonn, or many other stitchers.
David Le

I play Russian Roulette everyday.. a man's sport... with a bullet called life.

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 31 Jul 2004 08:57

honestly I think the best thing a newbie can do is get a half decent crochet piece of crap and learn the basics with that. That is all hits, stalls, and the clipper with it.

By forcing your self to learn the basics with a crochet piece you set your basics very strongly and when you finally get a good bag you will pull your moves much more sharply and easly...

This is what I did BTW. Now I got a Mr. Sandbag which I am VERY happy with.
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

mouseman
Shredaholic

Post by mouseman » 31 Jul 2004 09:43

try get a felix bag and hope you're lucky, vasek played the euros final routine with one day old felixbag, I think that's enough advertisement for everyone.

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 31 Jul 2004 10:25

420FootBager wrote:honestly I think the best thing a newbie can do is get a half decent crochet piece of crap and learn the basics with that. That is all hits, stalls, and the clipper with it.

By forcing your self to learn the basics with a crochet piece you set your basics very strongly and when you finally get a good bag you will pull your moves much more sharply and easly...

This is what I did BTW. Now I got a Mr. Sandbag which I am VERY happy with.
That's pretty solid advice. This would help enforce the very basics: kicks, toe delays, inside delays, (more or less) outside delays, and clippers. Once those are learned, I'd suggest going to a sandman or two so you can start landing the basic tricks: ATW both ways, legover, pickup, mirage, illusion, pixie, and farie. Keep working with it, then you can work up to an 32 panel stiched bag for more accurate sets and dialing in tricks. It's up to you what you want to do, but this should provide sort of an outline.

Also, if you start with a crocheted bag, you may have to drain it a little... thsoe things often start huge.
John D

RevertShredda
Hack Fiend

Post by RevertShredda » 31 Jul 2004 14:11

420FootBager wrote:honestly I think the best thing a newbie can do is get a half decent crochet piece of crap and learn the basics with that. That is all hits, stalls, and the clipper with it.

I would also agree that this is good advise, however not for you. You have already "forced" yourself to learn all the basics with a crappy bag (sorry for saying that your bag you made is crappy, but it probably is, however I am VERY proud that you made your own bag).

I would go for an abshire, carol, felix, or any other awesome 32 panel bag.

marc
Multidex Master

Post by marc » 31 Jul 2004 17:51

I started with a sandman, and I just recently got an abshire. I like playing with the abshire, because it isn't broken in. This way everything I do has to be extra good to keep the bag from rolling. I guess it's the same concept as 420footbagger spoke of. Eventually, when I'm better, the bag will be broken in as well.
Marc Reinecker

LinksYs
BSOS Beast

Post by LinksYs » 31 Jul 2004 18:32

when i started i got a abshire. Now i'm getting a mini money bag if my money ever gets there.
Craig R. Mayer
Life Is Good, Footbag Is Better

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Aug 2004 01:15

Can i buy a Felix bag on the internet?
And.. Thx for all the help already (:

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Aug 2004 07:37

Argh Sucky! My mom says i dont may buy bags from the US cause it's expensive as hell.. Wich bag should i buy in Europe, where can i get it?

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 01 Aug 2004 09:31

That sounds like a felix bag, but I'm not really sure. Also, you can talk with some of the stichers here and possibly work out a deal with them. But I gotta finish getting ready for work now. Peace, yo.

Oh.. and buy a pizza from me. :lol:
John D

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Aug 2004 11:32

How do i contact Felix?
And ehm.. MegaFighter_X thx for the link to the Bush Game it RoX! HARD!

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 01 Aug 2004 16:17

mouseman wrote:try get a felix bag and hope you're lucky, vasek played the euros final routine with one day old felixbag, I think that's enough advertisement for everyone.
Can you imagine how nicely it would be broken in after Vasek using it for a day though?
It would feel like a month old bag :P
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

Tommy
The Green One

Post by Tommy » 04 Aug 2004 14:05

well, what im using right now is a 32 and im still pretty new to the sport, but im getting a sandman soon, you should probably get both a 32 and a sandman so you get used to both kinds of bags.
Tom Gartland

-Beacon Footbag Coalition-

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 04 Aug 2004 15:36

asmus, contact fred touzelet of Paris. his bags are mini and very heavy, very good for precision freestyle. They were a HIT at worlds. They're a little less expensive than felix bags. I'd recommend one, and wish I owned one.

m
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 04 Aug 2004 19:31

I guess I could get used to them, but they're a little too heavy for my taste. If you did a pretty high flying clipper, you might bruise your foot :lol: If you bring your freestyle game up with a touzelet, it will help your control and precision.
More C4 please <3