Help

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Help

Post by peanutbuterboy » 15 Aug 2004 06:29

I love to hack and I do it all the time but Im not improving. When I shred at school everybody sucks so the sack is on the ground more than it is in the air. I have my stalls down pretty good and I could sit there and just hit it up and down forever but I need some good tricks and I need to know how to do them.
Thanks
Luke Andrews

420FootBager
Multidex Master

Post by 420FootBager » 15 Aug 2004 08:23

man you sound just like me a few months ago... I've improverd alot since then. Check out all the basics because you may not be doing them correctly ( i wasn't)

http://www.flipsider.com/media/practice/index.htm (the litle green dots give more advanced moves, just click)

http://www.footbag.org/freestyle/

http://www.hackrifice.com/minisooper/

Good luck man, don't get discoureged just keep training and asking questions and you'll get there pretty quick
Gus P.-- Get'um up against the wall

Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 15 Aug 2004 09:39

Sound like me a few months ago, and now im shreding away, Get lavers an a nice bag for real, i sugest a dirt bag or mr.sand for starters and just keep your head up an practice, practice, practice and have fun

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 15 Aug 2004 09:52

I cant find lavers anywhere where I live, and i have the sack that i like (jester) but I just cant get my legs to move fast enough to hit anything big. Like i have trouble with my clipper stall and the mirageand legover and all those. I have been shredding for ages it seems but i just found out that there where theese big moves lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Luke Andrews

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 15 Aug 2004 09:55

practice.

like its all about continually doing it over and over and over, footbag has a steep learning curve but it's worth it.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 15 Aug 2004 10:44

lol your just like me, order them from http://worldfootbag.com/catalog2/showgroup/clothing

AIM ME zachatree

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 15 Aug 2004 12:01

when I first learned to do a clipper I started out by just dropping it onto my foot while in clipper position. Then once I was used to that I just did toe stall to clippers for a while and got them down. For ATW I would suggest sitting down and keep doing it over and over agian. I know how you feel because you just can't go fast enough but after you get it you really don't have to go that fast. Also, I know when I first started trying ATW's I would set it to high. It's a lot easier to set it lower... if you can't get clipper stalls you could always try flying clippers first or ATW kicks instead of stalls so you can get the speed down...
Dustin Rhodes

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 15 Aug 2004 12:11

1. Practice
2. Have fun
3. You'll get better.

But mostly have fun.
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 15 Aug 2004 14:37

You guys are great thanks so much
Luke Andrews

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 17 Aug 2004 17:54

Ok guys I need more help :oops: How do I get the stall on my legover. Im doin it, i have good form but it keeps bouncing off my foot, my legs or getting quicker but they are still a little slugish. I feel like I have done it a million times wrong and once right. I tried for about two hours today when I got home from lifeguarding.
Also I need some tips on my ripwalk. Im pretty much lost on the whole concept.
Thanks alot,
Luke Andrews

ninja
BSOS Beast

Post by ninja » 17 Aug 2004 19:06

Well I dunno. You could try bending your support leg when going for a leg over and bringing your stalling foot down with the bag.

Ripwalk requires a stepping set and I dont think your at that point yet if u cant do a leg over. Ripwalk starts with the stepping set which is like going for a clipper set mirage but after the dex the bag is still going up or peaking. Clip>op in [dex]. after that is just a butterfly on the other side.

So if u want it, learn clippers, butterflies and try learn a stepping set.
Clayton Chin

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 17 Aug 2004 19:07

peanutbuterboy wrote:Ok guys I need more help :oops: How do I get the stall on my legover. Im doin it, i have good form but it keeps bouncing off my foot, my legs or getting quicker but they are still a little slugish. I feel like I have done it a million times wrong and once right. I tried for about two hours today when I got home from lifeguarding.
Also I need some tips on my ripwalk. Im pretty much lost on the whole concept.
Thanks alot,
First thing, legover.

It sounds like you are having an issue with the timing of the move. When setting the bag, hop a lot off your support leg (the one on the ground) and this will help you get good lift on the bag, and simply move your other leg over the bag as you are hoping off your support leg. You want to time it so just as you are landing and your leg is moving downward, the bag is coming down onto your foot. It is probably just a timing issue, so work with a bunch of different timings until you find what works.

Second, the only tip I can give you on ripwalk is that it is WAY too early for you to learn it. Can you do butterfly? Can you do clipper set mirage? Can you do a stepping set? If the answer to any of these questions was no, which I think it is, then it is far too early for you to learn ripwalk. One of the most important things you must learn is that footbag is all about building your fundamentals, and every move is just components (ie. the basics) put together to form a more complex trick. You really need to dial in your basics - clipper, mirage, legover, pickup, around the world, butterfly, etc - before you even have to worry about trying a ripwalk.

Start small, and you will build up quickly.
Try to start too big, and you will probably not have much success in footbag.
Cole Hobson

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 17 Aug 2004 19:18

TRUE THAT, i cant even hit ripwalk, and i can do Ss butterflys illsions an legovers, mirages... an i couldnt even try to addtempt a ripwalk. Just have fun an learn the small stuff first got to start small.

As for the legover, my advice is just set the bag jump to the op direction of your dexing leg then hop over an plant your dex leg as fast an strongly as you can an have your other foot ready to stall. Good luck, have fun!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 17 Aug 2004 20:43

I find that it helps me to legover if I jump off my supporting leg... so I set with my left, leg jump off my right, go over with my right, bring my left foot down, and catch the bag with my right. Also, for dexing stuff for me it is easier to try it barefoot first because I can dex faster...
Dustin Rhodes

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 18 Aug 2004 06:14

yeah I understand about the too early thing. Ill just keep drilling the basics and Ill be there before i know it. I can do the clipper stalls 2 out of 5 times and I can hit a flying clipper everytime but before I go bigger I need to do the smaller tricks.
any more advice would be great.
thanks
Luke Andrews

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 18 Aug 2004 08:35

If your looking for more tricks to do you can always just look through the list of 2 add tricks on footbag.org and pick one sort of at random and see if you can do it... that's what I usualy do when I'm board...
Dustin Rhodes

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 19 Aug 2004 18:20

BASICS BASICS BASICS!!! Know them, practice them, MASTER them! Basics are the fundamentals to bigger tricks. I.E. toe stall basic for ATW and ATW is the basic for DATW and DATW is a basic for Terrage (or op. dex. Double Fairy, all though I think Double Fairy and Terrage are easier than DATW.) Anyways...keep doing basics untill you have them mastered on BOTH SIDES! For me, I'm working my way to becoming an uber strong tiltless player...then once I can string 2's like nothing....(still work on some 3's) I'll focus on being guiltless. KEEP PRACTICING! Experiment. Think how to approach a move. Compare what you did before to what you do now with a move. If you think about the move and how to hit it (How you set, how your leg moves, your balance, etc.) and practice it, you'll definately hit it. Keep up the hard work!!!
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 30 Aug 2004 07:26

well my lavers come in today and so does my new sack. Im so pumped :lol:
Once their in im gunna get cookin on some new tricks. I have alot of the two add tricks so im gunna start tryin some guiltless stuff. Thanks for all your help.
Luke Andrews

shaggster
Orange Julius

Post by shaggster » 01 Sep 2004 13:40

check monsterhack.com's trick list and demos i love it, i used that when i started
Dick Butkis