New Years Jam 2022

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

New Years Jam 2022

Post by Ryan_Morris » 05 Dec 2021 10:42

Hi Everyone! NYJ 2022 is happening online again this year and debuts a brand new competition called Unique 3! Here's how it works:

Put as many unique components as you can into a 3-trick combo. All allowed components are on a list, and each component has a point value. If you are the only player to hit a particular component, you get a 4x bonus on that component's points. If two people hit it, both get a 3x bonus and if three people hit it, they get a 2x bonus. There is also a 2x bonus on each component of a trick if you are the only one to hit that trick. Your score is the sum of the points, including any bonuses, for each unique component in your combo. If you repeat a component anywhere in your combo, the component's points will only be counted for the first time it is used.

Only components on the list are allowed! If you think of any components I missed, let me know in the comments and I will add it next time. The list of components and points will not change for NYJ 2022 but I'm open to suggestions for future competitions 🙂

Along with your video, please write all components and all tricks used in your combo. (This does not need to be in the video; an email or direct message is sufficient.)

I've attached the list of components and complete rules for Unique 3 to this post.

We are also doing a Rippin' Run competition. The goal is to hit as many tricks as you can without dropping. All tricks must be 3-ADDs or higher and you cannot repeat a trick more that twice in a row.
Both competitions are open to everyone. You can submit video taken between December 4th, 2021 and January 16th 2022 with the keyword "RETRO" visible in the shot.

Send all entries for Unique 3 and Rippin' Run to ryancmorris001@gmail.com via email, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Attachments
Unique3_Rules.png
Unique3_Rules.png (140.25 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
Unique3_CompPoints.png
Unique3_CompPoints.png (202.57 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
NYJ2022Flyer_final.png
NYJ2022Flyer_final.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2099 times
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

boyle
Post Master General

Re: New Years Jam 2022

Post by boyle » 10 Jan 2022 01:38

This is a fun idea. Do we need to have the word "retro" in the video? I've done a combo for the Unique 3 but haven't put that word in. Hopefully I can get a better combo anyway.

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: New Years Jam 2022

Post by Ryan_Morris » 01 Mar 2022 04:31

The NYJ 2022 results are in! Congratulations to Gray Chadwick for winning Unique 3 and to Daniel Boyle for winning Rippin' Run! Full results are in the videos linked here.
Unique 3: https://youtu.be/Eqz042jEnfk
Rippin' Run: https://youtu.be/FV0NW6egYag
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.