East Coast Footbag Championships 2006

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 01 Jun 2006 05:22

Thanks alot gogirlysm, hope to see and meet you at the event. I will enjoy my last routine no matter how badly I'm spanked by Clavens or Bevier. :) It's going to be a great time, especially with the public juggling show included on Sat. nite.

Will, come down after your test. I know you'll be tight on dough, but I'll feed you and make sure you dont go thirsty. Try your best!

RUMOUR: Eric Wulff will be bringing his lavers to bust out his first shred since his retirement.

Dont miss it!
Peter Irish

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 01 Jun 2006 05:29

I'll see what I can do pete, is it cool if I crash at your place?
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Etai Dvora
Circle Kicker

Post by Etai Dvora » 01 Jun 2006 05:56

Looks like I probably won't be able to go. It's going to cost us quite a bit of money, and my mom will have to miss a day of work or two so it doesn't look too promising. I'm not giving up though, even if I have to get a job, I'm going to do everything I can to make this event! :)
-Etai Dvora

-The 15-year-old shredder from Sunny (rainy) Florida

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 01 Jun 2006 10:48

Executioner wrote:RUMOUR: Eric Wulff will be bringing his lavers to bust out his first shred since his retirement.
8O I don't think...I've ever had a chance to shred with Eric, he's always intimidated me with his high level aggresive shred. Now is my final chance !
Etai Dvora wrote:I'm going to do everything I can to make this event! Smile
That's the spirit !! I'm still not sure if either Brad or Bob will go, this will be my first event to East Coasts traveling alone. I just got the go for my time off so I will do everything in my will to get there. It really depends on one thing, if I pass the test on the 8th. If I do, that means I will void summer classes and be able to spend some on vacation.
More C4 please <3

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 01 Jun 2006 11:43

I will be there, possibly even a day or 2 early. Been really looking forward to this event, but wasn't sure until now that I would be able to make it. Can't wait to see everyone there, and really looking forward to seeing Eric Wolf bust out, a lot of people have said I resemble his style :) .

WOOOO just over one week!!
Aric McIntosh

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 02 Jun 2006 20:42

I'm so excited about this event! I mean, Peter's last competition after 20 years of footbag! It's definitely a spectacle to partake on.

Me and Rizz (gogirlyism) need a ride down there. Any takers? Hopefully we can get some crash space too. If not, we'll try to force, er, "convince" Drew Martin to drive us down. There's a bus we can take, but personally I want the trip to this event to be as cheap as possible. :wink:

Man, I hope to see you all there! WHOO!!!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

gogirlysm
Circle Kicker

Post by gogirlysm » 02 Jun 2006 22:14

I don't want to mooch off of people's crash spsce but it would be greatly appreciated if there's some room. I'd pitch in some $, I just wanna really go. I've never been to any East Coast Championship. BTW, Pete we've met a few times. It''s ok if you've forgotten, I'm not really memorable =)
-RiZz-

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 03 Jun 2006 00:24

<---Super Pumped!!! Are you kidding me? This is 20 min from where I live!!!!! 8)
HooD wrote:
Executioner wrote:RUMOUR: Eric Wulff will be bringing his lavers to bust out his first shred since his retirement.
8O I don't think...I've ever had a chance to shred with Eric, he's always intimidated me with his high level aggresive shred. Now is my final chance !

I'm still not sure if either Brad or Bob will go, this will be my first event to East Coasts traveling alone. I just got the go for my time off so I will do everything in my will to get there.
Go dude!! I've been dyin to shred with you since Funtastick. Let's do this! :twisted:
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 03 Jun 2006 04:33

Oh yeah Rizz, of course I remember you. Long time no see (4 days ha ha). Just not used to calling you gogirlysm.

I'm going to work on crash space for as many people as I can. Give me a few days on this one. I'll try and get some sort of rough list together of people who can put people up. Hopefully we can get space for whoever needs it.
Peter Irish

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 04 Jun 2006 04:29

i got money for a crash place, its gonna be me an 1 friend Mr brent Hoover. im hopeing someone will have some floor space or something if not im fine with sleeping in the car, i cant miss another damn event. i cant wait too see you all !!!

rory
Multidex Master

Post by rory » 04 Jun 2006 11:58

see you all there, i need to skool, peace.

-pat
Pat Mcgurran
The Ministry of Silly Walks

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 06 Jun 2006 12:42

Is there a listing for daily events that I've missed? We're probably going to make it up for Saturday, but I was hoping for some more info.

rory
Multidex Master

Post by rory » 06 Jun 2006 17:16

yeah man i am hoping to get together an overall view of money but i guess ill just play it by ear. also i dont know how to get to the sign up place for comp, if i leave on friday than pete can you give me directions to the competition sign up?

-pat
Pat Mcgurran
The Ministry of Silly Walks

gogirlysm
Circle Kicker

Post by gogirlysm » 06 Jun 2006 18:33

Does anyone know how to get down there from NYC via train or bus? I can't seem to find anyone to carpool with.
-RiZz-

gogirlysm
Circle Kicker

Post by gogirlysm » 06 Jun 2006 18:34

Does anyone know how to get down there from NYC via train or bus? I can't seem to find anyone to carpool with.
-RiZz-

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 06 Jun 2006 19:48

Buses and trains leave like every hour from Penn Station NYC to Union Station WashDC. Greyhound, Peter Pan mabye? I don't know how much fares are these days.

Trains are more expensive, like 120 for a round trip I believe. Check out www.amtrak.com for the fares. Same station info though. Good luck!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 08 Jun 2006 04:41

OK East Coasters,

Just a head's up and rough schedule on what's happening this weekend. We will have more specifics available Friday night.

We will be having registration Friday night at the tournament site--Richie Coloseum in College Park, University of Maryland, from 4pm till about midnight. There will be shredding and juggling all night long. There are some close places to have a few refreshing beverages afterwards, as well as host hotel close.

Saturday the gym will open at 9:30 am for shred/juggling; freestyle competition will start approximately 2 pm. Net will start earlier. We can use the indoor site till 6 pm. At 7 pm will be the free public show starring great jugglers, comedians, ect. at Gildenhorn Recital Hall in Clarice Smith Performing Arts center, which is very close to Richie Coloseum, on campus of UMD.

Sunday the site opens at 10 am. We will start freestyle finals competition around noon-1 and ending around 3pm in time for the net finals which are shaping up to be exciting. Sunday evening will be the awards ceremony/player party at Hard Times Cafe College Park, which has been our tradition for years now. After that, for adventurous partiers there's a great reggae show starring legend Freddie McGregor happening fairly close which we may or may not hit depending on how beat we are.

Here's a link to some info on the juggling convention/UMaryland:

http://www.studentorg.umd.edu/juggling/congress.htm

This has links to Richie Coloseum. We will have directions to the public show and other pertinent directions at the event.

Looking forward to a great weekend and cant wait to see all my homies old and new.

Peter
Peter Irish

bingchenzo
Hack Fiend

chinatown bus!

Post by bingchenzo » 08 Jun 2006 20:28

i think it leaves from penn station and arrives in dc's chinatown.

http://www.2000coach.com/ is the one my friend used a few times. there are a ton of them, search on cinatown bus, new york dc and you should get a ton of options. cheap.

5 hour bus ride.

from chinatown dc you can ride green line subway out to College Park Station, and walk 15 minutes to the site, or if you are one of the people staying with pete, the red line also picks up at chinatown metro, so you could just ride out to his place as well.

the footbag.org has more info about driving and parking for the event.

- sleepy bing

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 09 Jun 2006 06:45

gogirlysm wrote: It''s ok if you've forgotten, I'm not really memorable =)
I remember you :D

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 09 Jun 2006 06:57

shreddaily wrote:
gogirlysm wrote: It''s ok if you've forgotten, I'm not really memorable =)
I remember you :D
edit: Chris Miller does not approve of my dry sense of humor.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.