south eastern shred

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Shredfish
Shredaholic

Post by Shredfish » 09 Aug 2006 20:26

Hello all!
Yea we discussed this event a little bit the last time we got together (which is a rarity unfortunately). I think 4 of us are planning on making it. That's most of the crew. There are others that have been showing far and between but I don't know much about them. So yea we are going to try and make it...schedules are really busy and most of the time unpredictable for those that are still in high school so it's not east to go to stuff that's 3 hours away. But we will certainly do our best!
Jeremy Smith - Knoxville, TN

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 11 Aug 2006 21:37

hey im coming... mt. juliet is only 30 minutes away!!

if you need any other help with the event, ill do what i can. pm me if you need anything. no problem.

and i also want to donate a footbag to a winner.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Mathochist
Multidex Master

Damn

Post by Mathochist » 15 Aug 2006 21:26

Umm, damn. I'd love to start trying to include the New Orleans crew in SE shreds but this shindig is the same weekend as Austin's. I hope there's more southeastern action to come. I hope also that anyone visiting New Orleans will look me up for shred and such.

Cheers.
My favorite trick is knowing when to pass.
Rob Creel III

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 16 Aug 2006 12:12

If the event is on the 21st, I'll probably be able to make it!
Danny P.

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 16 Aug 2006 15:49

the SE will certainly be on a saturday in Oct. at Barfield Cresent Park in Murfreesboro, however, the particular pavillion that i wanted to rent (on the 21st) is already reserved. so i'm just trying to determine what the new date will be. i started a poll on the link below so go ahead and vote for the day you want. we'll have this straightened out in a couple days. http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=14204

for those of you who think that TN is cold in Oct. don't worry
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weat ... 604&refer=
Last edited by Elliott on 17 Aug 2006 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 17 Aug 2006 16:55

i cant figure out how to make a poll inside a thread but for me any of those dates are fine. but yeah, the new orleans people should get the chance to come up too. maybe that weekend before halloween?
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 18 Aug 2006 13:25

okay it's final. the SE Regionals will be held on OCTOBER 14TH!!!! i tried to take everyones schedule into consideration but due to my own personal commitments and the availability of the site... it must be the 14th. 8 weeks and counting so let's make it work. the site is reserved and Freedom Footbags will be sponsoring the event.

http://www.footbag.org/events/show/1155788760

Lee
Shredaholic

Post by Lee » 21 Aug 2006 12:57

So this thing will be bigger than when I went to SE's last year, right?
I hope so.

You guys can definately count on me to be there.
I also have a video camera for extra reviewing, so there's no cheating (like the Valentine's shred when Ben stole the heart from me).

I don't think I'll be helping with the freestyle and such.
I just want to shred with a ton of people.

Just to let everyone know, I've changed my email address. It is now:

leevansickle@gmail.com

Looking forward to see everyone. :D

EDIT: Someone make shirts.

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 21 Aug 2006 13:31

the venue is much larger than last years... that is for sure. i don't know the dimensions of the pavillion but it has a seating capacity of 312 with an excellent freestyle area (concrete) sectioned off behind the pavillion. as to whether we can get more people than last year, that will depend on everyone spreading the word as far a possible. i sent out nearly 60 e-mails today inviting footbaggers from tx-nj & il-fl. the event was posted 8 weeks in advance and has been on the boards for sometime now. we've already been sponsored by freedom footbags (daryl) & prokicker (yves- out of montreal).

at this point i'd like to think that i'm on top of things. however, i still need to assign someone to the task of freestyle director. that person (who needs to be someone local whom i can consult with) and they need to make decisions about how many freestyle events will be held and keep things on schedule. contact me if you're interested.

LEE: YOU MAKE SOME SHIRTS!

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 24 Aug 2006 04:55

me and andy talked it over and shred 30 with lees camera could happen and sick 1 and sick 3 could happen we could judge those easy enough. but a 2 min would be a pain to judge. we could easily have some freesyle for a while then do a shred 30, rest then sick 1s and 3s that would give tiime to judge the shred 30 and be able to announce the winner.
Dustin Yanofsky

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 24 Aug 2006 10:49

that sounds good.

i dont like 2min routines... lee would just win anyways....

im down to help in anyway i can, but im not good at add counting, so thats fair warning...

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 24 Aug 2006 12:02

what time will everyone need to be there on the 14th???? (whens registration and when does the tournament begin?)

woot! im pumped!!!! im gonna brings some bags to trade/sell
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 24 Aug 2006 13:30

the site is rented from 8am - 8pm. we need to be absolute about the events before i attempt to post a schedule. let's just say registration and warm-up between 10-11. events include: shred 30, sick1 & 3, 4-square, consecutives (3min.), & net. i know for a fact that we'll play doubles net, but i'm still waiting to decide if singles is gonna happen or not. if anyone would like to add an event or comment on one...then now's the time.

also with so many footbaggers in the same place it would be a shame to have to go home. while the competition probably won't extend for a second day, it would be nice to get in some extra practice on sunday.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 24 Aug 2006 13:35

if anyone is coming from out of town and would like to stay till sunday, brian and i live 30 minutes away and might have an extra bed. PM me if you need that.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 24 Aug 2006 14:12

althoughy I prolly wont go, this event is in the back of my consciousness. Just thought you might want to know. One of the reasons I would go is to meet some new players from a section of the country Ive never been to.
But, if I dont make it out there, I hope the tourney goes super well. Ill check into airline tickets now.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Lee
Shredaholic

Post by Lee » 24 Aug 2006 20:31

:arrow: I probably won't compete in shred 30s.
:arrow: I probably will compete in sick 1 and 3s.
:arrow: How much is it to enter a competition?
:arrow: If the 2nd day thing does go, it would be nice to crash at someone's crib who is fairly close. (I don't take up much room.)
:arrow: I just hit symp tripwalk.

[Oh, and there is going to be a $10 IFPA membership fee on top of the $25 to get and the $15 per event you enter in. If you don't have an IFPA membership, then you must pay or hell will freeze over.]

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 24 Aug 2006 21:02

$10 competition fee for one or all events - no hidden costs lee.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 25 Aug 2006 04:29

:D @ at lee, and $

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 26 Aug 2006 16:39

im going to try my darnest to go.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 27 Aug 2006 09:17

ashleyd wrote:im going to try my darnest to go.
SWEET!
(if you want to stay for sunday... you can spend the night here... just PM me)
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com