Los Angeles footbag scene?

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 23 Oct 2007 23:17

You should know that our Santa Cruz shred scene isn't hoppin right now. But, you should still come to Santa Cruz; it's beautiful here. Also, if you come to Santa Cruz you'll have a free place to stay with me, you can kick with our half-active club, play some net (even if you don't play, they'd be happy to teach you), go to Stanford to kick with that club or go to Steve Goldberg's house to kick with him and his crew (and ask him if he's going to make pizza), and visit San Francisco all in the same trip. If you come up we'll be sure to organize a fun mini-jam.

Note: I don't think any of the San Francisco players are active at the moment, so you'd be doing some sight-seeing there, not kicking with them.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 24 Oct 2007 03:27

Hey Emily,

Sounds really great!! I'll figure out more about my plans when I arrive, and we can be in touch and figure out when the best time is for your crew and for me, and I'll definitely come up north for some shredding - and maybe net (new thing for me!).

I'm looking so much forward to everything - have never been in USA before, so I hope I'm in for a 2 month treat!

-Anne

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 24 Oct 2007 15:49

I would dust off the old g-units to have a shred or two with you Anne. I hope you make it up here, we're a fun group of hacky players.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 29 Oct 2007 10:33

Sounds really cool! I'm in LA right now... I'll drop you guys a line or two as soon as I know when I'll be up there - my guess is within a couple of weeks... but I'm totally flexible, so if there's a bad time or a good time, just let me know...

As said.. in LA at the moment, and I'm still hoping that some of the old hackers out there'll drop me a line.. actually I'm on my way out to shred by the pool alone, but it would be more fun if some people out there would like to find their old worn out lavers and have a ball with me!

I'm also up for some San Diego shredding if there's a jam going on - or just if some people get together for some good old circle fun.

Actually, I pretty much have all the time in the world the next month and a half, so just say game, and I'll be there!

-Anne

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 29 Oct 2007 13:59

What is your skill level?
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 30 Oct 2007 10:06

Hhmm.. don't really know how to answer that question... I guess I'm quite a solid basic player, that has quite long runs, when concentrating and keeping it basic... however, my skills are improving and I guess the best picture you may get of my level is what I'm working on at the moment, which includes things like drifters, dlo, eggbeater at times, ducks... I just got my flip pixie up and running, so I'm having a lot of fun plaing with different pixie tricks...

I tend to try and school drills, cause I find it the best way to pressure myself to be both sided - although I tend to 'forget' with some tricks (whirls for example are IMPOSSIBLE and feel completely wrong on the flip!)

Don't know if that gives you an idea??

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 31 Oct 2007 08:49

Anne is the definition of a solid tiltless player.

Jeg håber du har det sjovt derovre.
Giv os en linie på FD forum i ny og næ så er du sød.
Jeg er død misundelig.

Det var fedt at spille med dig til DM selvom det var alt for kort.

FJØTBAG!

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 01 Nov 2007 00:30

Hey Anne,

My name is Gray Chadwick and I'm at Caltech which is a university in Pasadena, which is right near LA. I havent played much since worlds, due to work but I would definitely be interesting in playing with you some time. I dont have a car so getting around is tough, but let me know if you want to kick and we should be able to set something up.

See you around maybe

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 08 Nov 2007 17:44

Hey Emily & SC people,

I'm thinking of heading up north some time next week. My plan right now is to leave LA on wednesday and be up in Santa Cruz late wednesday or early thursday - depending on the bus. Anyways.. just want to hear how that'd be.. do you guys have time to hang out and play a bit in the end of next week? Otherwise I might head up for San Fransisco first and come to SC afterwards... But, let me know if you guys are up for some kicking around late next week.

-Anne

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 08 Nov 2007 19:02

I will be in Southern California from the 11th to the 21st and will be in San Diego from the 13th to the 16th. We should set up a session or two.
Mike Hansen