SoCali Jam 08!

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 30 Jan 2008 12:12

Already Confirmed as I live about 7 miles from Tony. But want to formally announce my attendance.

So listen up!!!

If you can make it - AWESOME! If you can't - TRY TO MAKE IT!!!

This may be your last chance to Shred out the biggest MOUTH in footbag in Southern California. I will be there trying to SHRED YOU OUT!

This is also your chance to meet legendary stitcher and BAP member Richard "Renegade" Abshire - and a little birdie told me that Jason "Shapeshifter" Crook might make a Cameo as well.

Thanks guys for organizing this event. We have needed this for over 5 years and we don't want to disappoint as it gets more difficult to stay current in footbag when your age keeps creeping up.

It will be a blast for sure!
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 30 Jan 2008 15:27

reposting, so it doesnt get lost on the last page....

as eoghan said, we might indeed be coming... depends on my moms permission, but other than that we have transportation.... greyhound bus never fails =) wed only be there 10-6 on friday.... but we think its worth it. is there anyonbe who can pick us up at the greyhound station at like 10:15 on friday? (if we go, just checking in case it happens) we need to know

BY TODAY

so i can get advance discount tickets on the bus, and we need the phone numbers of the people who would pick us up for our parents. thanks , and PLEASE someone answer and say they can.... ill give them a bag in fact.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 30 Jan 2008 16:29

We need someone to be super kind to us and offer us a ride from the greyhound station in like 4 hours, or we most likely won't be able to come. We also the need the phone numbers of those people to, for our parents to talk to. Someone please help us.
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

richardabshire
Fearless

Post by richardabshire » 30 Jan 2008 17:19

I will make sure there is a parent or adult players to meet you at the bus station. Any futher questions, call me at 760-429-8039. Richard Abshire

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 30 Jan 2008 17:41

thank you so much. This is awesome.

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 30 Jan 2008 18:33

Alright I've been thinking about it and this event is just too tempting to resist. The plane tickets aren't too terrible, but they're cheapest if I come on Wednesday evening and leave on Tuesday morning. I would like crash space for Wednesday, Thursday, and Monday nights if at all possible. I'm a great house guest! Also possibly getting into a room at the hotel with some people, who's at the hotel?
scott behmer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 30 Jan 2008 21:55

professor wrote:I'm getting ready to reserve a room. It's $90 a night, for 2 queens, so we need at least 4 people. I'll be reserving it for 2 nights for sure (Friday 15, Saturday 16) and then maybe extend to Sunday night.

Who wants to stay with me and Evan?
I'll take you up on that offer, Ben. Slumber party!
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 30 Jan 2008 21:59

Add Cale and I to the confirmed list :D

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 30 Jan 2008 22:32

I too will take you up on that offer Ben, I'm saying it here in case you don't check your pm's. Also I'm definitely down for Sunday night.
scott behmer

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 31 Jan 2008 00:09

me and yogan will be there from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on friday. were taking a 22 hour greyhound there, then back. and its gonna be awesome. thanks rivchie for ensuring us a ride... if you could PM me the # of whoever is going to do that asap, thatd be good... youll proabbly here from my mom too sometime before the event. also, can ou bring a few amaretta minis? id like to buy some =) just bring a load of bags, becasue yours are my favorite, and i dont see them often enough. i LOVE colorful bags. thanks man, your the best.

as another very tall footbag player, I CANT WAIT TO MEET BIG ADD CHAD!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Mrs. Mauler
Shredalicious

Post by Mrs. Mauler » 31 Jan 2008 01:26

Looks like I am going to be able to make it!!! I do need somewhere to crash though if there is an open spot for one. Flash is not coming, sorry everyone, just going to be me.
Aidan Clemente

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 31 Jan 2008 07:26

professor wrote:I'm getting ready to reserve a room. It's $90 a night, for 2 queens, so we need at least 4 people. I'll be reserving it for 2 nights for sure (Friday 15, Saturday 16) and then maybe extend to Sunday night.

Who wants to stay with me and Evan?
So, we have Emily and Scott staying with us. We have floor space if anyone still needs a place to stay. I reserved the room today for Fri, Sat, and Sun night. I actually got 15% off for staying at least 3 days. Score! We can take a max of 2 more people.

Aidan, you can stay with us if you want.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 31 Jan 2008 08:51

When are people arriving and leaving? The cheapest plane tickets for me are Wednesday night to Tuesday morning but i might do Thursday night instead, depending on what everybody else is doing.
scott behmer

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 31 Jan 2008 10:33

Evan and I will be leaving Vegas around noon on Friday. So, we should be at the hotel by 5. We'll leave the event Monday sometime.

Anyone up for some Fire Hack at this jam? I can bring mine.
Ben Skaggs

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 31 Jan 2008 11:43

Hey Ben,

I wanna play slumberparty too!!! Don't know you, but I'm sure you guys are cool, if Emily want's to stay in the room! So a floors space for me in that room would be great!!

See you guys soon.. can't wait!

\Anne

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 31 Jan 2008 11:45

And the floor.. I'll see if I can get in contact with my Danish pal today (he's landing in LAX this afternoon) to hear if he can confirm.. if he can, I'm SURE he'd love a floorspace in the room too... will get back to you on that one later!

I'm arriving some time Friday, probably early, and I still don't know when I'll be leaving Sun/Mon.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 31 Jan 2008 12:28

I can only take 6 people in my room. If Aidan stays with us, that'll make 5. So, you can stay with us Anne, but I can't take another person. Someone should reserve another room for the others that need a place to stay.
Ben Skaggs

scott behmer
Multidex Master

Post by scott behmer » 01 Feb 2008 01:41

Well, it looks like in the last six hours my flight options have been seriously screwed over. The cost of the flight has gone up, I have to fly with airlines I don't know or trust, and I have to connect in Denver.......Denver?? instead of a direct flight. However, nothing can keep me away, I'm still coming. I have my plane tickets, see everybody soon.
scott behmer

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 01 Feb 2008 11:47

Scott, you're a trooper. I went to CSS once and had a layover in CHICAGO. San Jose>CHICAGO>Denver. Dude...

I reserved a room with 2 queen beds so anyone who wants to stay with me should PM me or post here. Dustin's already in. Anne, I think I'm stealing you from Ben's room. :twisted:
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 01 Feb 2008 17:26

Man.. I hate being stolen!!! But I guess that's just the name of the game in California!! No worries.. I'm with you Emily! :D