SoCali Jam 08!

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
peterh
Hack Fiend

Post by peterh » 03 Feb 2008 13:06

I'm confirmed! :) cant wait
Peter Holoien
SUFC

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 05 Feb 2008 00:04

basically, i hope everyone attending will be there all saturday. from 10:30-6 on sat, me and yogan are NOT STOPPING footbag, except for lunch. i hope you all are ready for a 7 and a half hour session =) maybe we can go out to lunch too, since me and yog are leaving before dinner.... that would be nice. well, i am literally counting the days until this event.... cannot wait!!!!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 07:23

YYIIIPPPEEE!
Eoghan Patrick Morgan McDowell

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 05 Feb 2008 10:13

I thought you guys were only going to be there on Friday from 10-6, did you change your bus tickets?
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 10:23

No, i thought Cale had been clear on when we'll be there, but I'll go back and check what he said. Is it a problem that we would be there on Saturday?

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 05 Feb 2008 10:31

calemccoy wrote:as eoghan said, we might indeed be coming... wed only be there 10-6 on friday....
No, it's MUCH better that you'll be there on Saturday. I'm glad it's working out for you guys. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 11:12

Alright, can't wait for this event, another thing is happening. I'm turning 16 tomorrow! Hooray for birthday money to spend on SoCali :D . Hope everybody's ready for some intense shred, and some awesome lunch! Then more shred!

Tim
Shredalicious

Post by Tim » 05 Feb 2008 11:17

I was just randomnly looking lurking the tournies board when I saw this post and crossed my fingers and PRAYED that it didnt start till the 21st...

Because my sister is going out to san diego on the 21st for two weeks and she JUST asked me to come with her. I've never been to California before and if this tournament was between those days I was going to be mad spontaneous and go to it.

Unless, I went to San Diego early, and flew home with my sister. Anyone plan on staying for two weeks??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Geez, tickets are still only 240 bucks roundtrip all the way from CT. That's just sick right there. Someone PM me if they want to house this awesome guy for two weeks :D

Have a great tournament guys!
Tim Smith
Looking for Connecticut kickers!

Connecticut Footbag

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 05 Feb 2008 11:52

it is friday........ oh well. still, its gonna be awesome. see you guys.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 12:08

Aren't we leaving to go to San Diego on Friday at 2:00, therefore getting there on Saturday? I really don't like the idea of missing school if we're leaving on Thursday, i thought we were leaving on Friday, i mean, thats what i was told at the beginning.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 05 Feb 2008 15:10

alright, so alots going on right now.

me and yogan realized we should have planned this trip differently. we wish we could have gotten there saturday, not friday...... and we wish we could have bought the tickets so we saty one night and leave the next afternoon. as we have it planned now, we ride a bus for 20 hours from thursday afternoon till friday morning, play for 7, then leave and ride home for 20 friday evening and saturday morning. i went to the greyhound website and LO AND BEHOLD, for 10 dollars you can change the dates and times of your tickets.

now.... nothings certain yet, but i need responses to this post to make it happen , becasue i need my moms permission. but we want to shift our lans to arrive saturday morning instead, and then we would love it if someone could house us in a responsible area for saturday night, so we could stay over and leave sunday morning, becasue there is no school monday. can anyone provide this for us? im sorry we have to impose so much with rides too and from the bus station, and a place to stay, but were minors on our own.... we need adult help. we would be willing to chip in for a hotel room, or just crash at a drug-free house for the night. please respond asap if you can help. thanks alot guys, we just really want more play time then what we have planned as of right now. ive got my fingers crossed......
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 15:29

What Cale said above is basically it. I really want this to work out. So we'll see.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 05 Feb 2008 20:51

bump!!! please read two posts up if you are attending!!
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 05 Feb 2008 22:17

Keep calm :), I just PMed you.

Emily Kulczyk

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 05 Feb 2008 23:57

Planning for this event is turning out to be a ride in itself, can't wait until it all comes to fruition and we're actually there and experiencing it. This event will be awesome.

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 06 Feb 2008 15:44

so everything is possible for us to do what we are planning, i just have to get my mom's ok. so hang tight, we'll know what we are doing soon. im pretty sure we will change our plans to be there saturday no matter what, but as far as the overnight thing, i still dont know, its not certain whatsoever.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 06 Feb 2008 17:36

You can stay at my house. It is final. So yeah get a ride here and you can spend the night. I don't have a car so there will be people who ca drive us places. I can't pick you up from the bus station or take you sorry. But yeah you two have coaches.
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

calemccoy
Flower Child

Post by calemccoy » 06 Feb 2008 19:45

alright.... i just need my mom's permission first, which is the huge thing that needs to happen..... i have your # tony, you might get a call from me soon. thanks alot man, i really hope this works out.
my footblog
bombbags for sale
-cale mccoy-
RVFA footbag

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 06 Feb 2008 19:55

alright
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

EoghanMcDowell
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by EoghanMcDowell » 06 Feb 2008 20:17

Thx a bunch Anthony. My parents are fine with the overnight thing, it all rides on what Cale's mom will say. I really want this to work out. If it doesn't I'll be a sad panda. Everyone send some positive footbaggy energy to Cale's mom. Now all we can do is pray.