Footbag At WEMF?

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Footbag At WEMF?

Post by Pancake Flogger » 12 Jul 2008 20:18

The World Electronic Music Festival is coming up this weekend: 18th-20th. It will be held in Algonquin Park, in Ontario

Obviously I'm going for the awesome artists (particularly Andy C and Markus Intalex), but I was wondering if any footbaggers will be attending. I'll be bringing my Quantums and bag, and Sam O'Donnell is gonna be there with me (among other friends). I was thinking a small shred session would be cool. The festival is 3 days long so it's not like we'd be missing TOO much. Hell...maybe we'll find a spot where we can play to the music.

Another cool thing about this is that one of the guys I'm going with offered the organizers to make a documentary of the festival. I'm sure if we display some good shred, it will make it into the footage he uses. FOOTBAG EXPOSURE, PEOPLE!

Anyone?
Danny Murphy
Working On: Stepping, painless whirls?

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 Jul 2008 07:00

Well, it sure is your lucky day!

Me and Josh Goodwin will be there also!

Now we can have a circle! Yipee!!

OOOOH PAAAHHHTEEEEE, TRINKEN UND TANZEN!!!!!!! :lol:
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 13 Jul 2008 09:05

Awesome. My cell number is 705-477-9035. Call me whenever you're ready to shred. I hope there is reception. If not...I don't know what we'll do. :?
Danny Murphy

Footbag Forever
Shredaholic

Post by Footbag Forever » 13 Jul 2008 11:10

That would be a dream... dirty hard techno, and footbagging. I just dont have the funds to get to Canada. :(

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 16 Jul 2008 21:22

I can't f@#$ing believe it!

Footbag at wemf, it has been my dream for the last 4 years !!!

And pancake Flogger it's the guy with dreads from T.O.jam, i believe you know my great friend Adam Matias aka Tweeter!

And i believe someone from Bimhampton (sp) in the states might be joining us, Will, i think!

This should be awesome because not only will there be shred there will be shred at Algonquin park for WEMF!

I'm writing your number in my phone as we speak and i'll p.m. you mine!

So Godspeed and see you there!
Carlton Banks is in the building and about to throw down some serious sound!

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 17 Jul 2008 05:31

Come on, Josh. I know who you are. I'm also VERY stoked about this. I just really hope it works out. I pray for reception daily. If not, we should come up with a plan B. Like, meet near the entrance at (blank) time? I'll even let you guys pick the backup meeting spot, since I don't know what acts you want see in particular.

If we put some effort into this, it will happen. I know it will be crazy there, but the shred must go down.
Danny Murphy

Biter
Circle Kicker

Post by Biter » 17 Jul 2008 09:04

Honestly, this is going to be such a sick weekend.
Sam O'Donnell

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Jul 2008 11:31

I'm getting super excited!

Whee!

This is exactly what I need right now, lets party and shred! :D
Tom Mosher

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 17 Jul 2008 11:37

holy fuck do I wish I could join.

have fun guys.
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 17 Jul 2008 15:27

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!
tent *check
beer *check
pot *check
footbags *check
footbagers *quapruple check
dirty techno/drum and bass/breaks/electro *check

Screw the reception! Its not that hard to find people at WEMF, especially footbagers we stick out like a sore thumb because we still have balance and co-ordination! (i've done this before) I say we should all probably be in and set up camp by about 6 o' clock. and i say this is a great time to meet at the drum and bass stage, unless otherwise informed by a text message or call.

So 6 O'clock
Drum and bass stage
* far back where theres room to shred and i say we just start kicking to get warmed up and make each other noticable.

So pumped !

You shall be missed camille!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Jul 2008 15:40

Eeee!! It's fun getting ready for this!

I need to go get my tent and coleman stove down from the rafters, hopefully the stove works!

I will bring lots of fun stuff to kick!

whee!!!!!!

And yeah, it shouldn't be tooooo hard to find shredders, we're pretty obvious most often.

Yay! Let's do this!
Tom Mosher

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 20 Jul 2008 11:57

Oh my God! CRAZY! PARTY!

Really fun shred. Sick music. Sick dancing. Best. Weekend. Ever.

Edit: Hands down.

I really miss being there already. I can't stop listening to DnB...such nice nostalgia. Brings me near to tears.
Danny Murphy

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Jul 2008 12:52

Danny, your shred is getting sick, it was fun playing with you this weekend!

Also, what a party!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

My only regret is not getting solid contact info from the super cute girl I met. :cry:

Fun times, I miss it too!
Tom Mosher

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 21 Jul 2008 14:34

Yeah, you guys were really sick too. I loved that you hit Mobius and Blurriest as soon as I called em' out. We're gonna have like 20 seconds of footbaggin' in that documentary too. :P

Thanks again to Josh for the free beer, too.

Here are a couple clips from Andy C's set. Sorry that I'm embedding non-footbag videos into this topic, but I felt it necessary.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYgM9Z0nGVE[/youtube]

He fucked up in the middle but made it seem totally intentional and awesome.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=izdPWyEYO-c&feature=related[/youtube]

Look at that show. I was freakin' out, man.
Last edited by Pancake Flogger on 22 Jul 2008 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Murphy

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Jul 2008 17:43

Oh man, thanks for posting those! I am gonna have to look for more WEMF videos on youtube.

Was that set right after I went into lalaland and forgot you existed when I found Uho? hahah

And a video of WEMF is totally appropriate in a thread about WEMF!

Lets just keep this thread alive indefinitely so that we can keep the party alive. I haven't stopped hearing hard house and dnb in my head since I left! haha

That one renegade stage right next to the ice/water thing was the best all weekend. Just consistently DIRTY beats!

I'll get Josh to come in here and post so that this isn't just me and Danny glowing about how great WEMF was hahah.
Tom Mosher

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 22 Jul 2008 06:13

Don't smoke cigarettes. Don't take any drugs. Don't go out at night. Just Fuck.

Dirrrrrty.
Danny Murphy

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 24 Jul 2008 05:53

I got WEMF'D fo sho !!!

Andy C, Hive, Intalex, Dj SS, MC TAli, Teebee, Freq Nasty, that wicked dirty ass hard house renegade stage next to the water ... i love WEMF!!!

I'm so glad you all came up it was awesome and wicked hanging out with you guys and enjoying some killer music and sweet shred!

Danny getting good ... shit son, i bet your playing everyday ?

Sam wicked chillen with you and also such improvements in your game PLAY MORE!

I think there posting the sets from wemf, so hopefully they do and we gte to here our favourite acts again. They will be posted in a week or so on www.wemflive.com

Yay!

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 24 Jul 2008 06:09

Danny awesome clips. I watched both clips and thanks for them but at no point did he screw up. IMO.

I'm not sure which vid your talking about so i'll explain what i think your talking about in both vids.

If your not super familiar with live sets with Mc's and are just getting into drum and bass it takes a while to notice all the sudleties (sp)

The first video he simply rewound the track, i hate when they do that. They stop the flow of the set to either hype up the crowd or give a new track some attention to get people hooked but someitmes it just gets carried away. But I think you already know that and your referring to the second vid.

He was cutting in and out of 3 different tracks all being spun at one time. perfectly beatmatched. He is a crazy bastard and I've only heard him slip up once out of the 5 times now that I've seen him.
What i mean is he had three turntables with a vinyl record on each one all being played at the same speed so he was able to fade in and out of each one. He could play one or the other or the other and they are all timed the same. When he switched over he cut the other tracks out completely for a second hence why you didnt hear the other tracks.

I think this is what you thought about messing up but I'm not sure.

P.S. Wemf rocks my socks!

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 24 Jul 2008 07:01

This is just my buddy's take, so it could be wrong, but here's my current explanation for it.

It was the first vid I was talking about, right before he cut all three tracks. He made the rewind noise because it was the best thing to do before the silence. I think what happened is that one of the tracks came in when it wasn't supposed to and it wouldn't turn down.

At first I didn't think he fucked up at all, but my friends interviewed him after his set and asked him if he was having any tech troubles. He responded with...

Yeaah. The shit's fuckin' broke!

He could have been talking about something else, but if you listen to the moment right before he cuts, you'll agree that it doesn't sound Great. I doubt it was Andy's fault, but I do think the shit got broke or something.

I still miss WEMF. I'll let you all know when the documentary comes out too. This thread should stay alive until at least the end of the week. =))

Oh! Josh, if you know of any nearby junglist/rave type events coming up in the next year, let me know. I'll need my fix BAD any time now. WEMF has created a monster!
Danny Murphy

joshua dread
Circle Kicker

Post by joshua dread » 24 Jul 2008 10:58

hmm i listened to it again, and im trying to seperate the tracks in my head ... bah stupid rewinds make mistakes look pro blah.

It could be either way and i totally thought you were talking about the other vid. So, alls well that ends well.

What kind of parties do you want to go to and how far is far for you ?